Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-24-2013   #81
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 77572 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Combine

Tavon Austin is a 1st rounder. I don't see him making it past the Patriots.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #82
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

@evansilva: #Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson has been "very unimpressive" in team interviews at the Combine, per @RussLande: http://t.co/iGqS51WOX9
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #83
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 77572 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Utah DT Star Lotulelei will not work out at the Combine after his medical evaluation revealed a heart condition.
Per ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Lotulelei's left ventricle is pumping at 44 percent efficiency, with the normal range being 55-70 percent.
Link.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #84
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
@evansilva: #Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson has been "very unimpressive" in team interviews at the Combine, per @RussLande: http://t.co/iGqS51WOX9
This will be the only thing that keeps him even close to being available with the Texans first round pick.
Old 02-24-2013   #85
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
If anyone is interested, I posted on the implications of his condition. I fully feel for Lotullelei.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=40
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #86
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If anyone is interested, I posted on the implications of his condition. I fully feel for Lotullelei.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=40
I guess you could see it as a break that it was found .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #87
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I guess you could see it as a break that it was found .
For sure. Asian American and Pacific Islander men have a very high incident of heart disease with high mortality rates assigned to them.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #88
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95464 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Denard Robinson has a ton of speed as well. Wonder who is going to try to teach him how to run routes.
A smart GM would use him like Randall Cobb. Play him at RB, in the slot, return kicks, and try to groom him into a WR.

He's just as big and athletic as guys like Bernard and Randle but is getting no mention as a RB. It's astounding to me.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #89
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Kenny stills reminds me a lot of the kid out of rice last year. If he were still available in the third round I would run to the podium.
Old 02-25-2013   #90
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Kenny stills reminds me a lot of the kid out of rice last year. If he were still available in the third round I would run to the podium.
Who is the guy out of Rice last year?
Old 02-25-2013   #91
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not pulling much information here as I'm accustomed to what's up guys? Is everyone else just busy with work (like me) or school (rmartin65) or just fed up with how Texans finished season? Reason I ask is because it's hard to move forward with how Texans finished year, QB play, ability to tackle in space, finish drives in red zone & special teams play. It's like Texans lost Jacoby & all their mojo from last year, sputtering into playoffs like lambs headed to slaughter. I'm having a real hard time moving on with Schaub & Kubiak specifically. To put the energy & have excitement moving forward thinking about what they will or can do is depressing me. Unless serious results are forthcoming I hope Rick Smith can take a bold move & make necessary changes otherwise I may just become an Eagles, Seahawks or horror of all horrors a Colt fan.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #92
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Grad school. I am going to level with all of you guys- I have not watched even a second of the Combine. Not online, not on TV, nothing. I still read the board, but I am pretty well uninformed on this draft.

I'll still probably complain come April though, 'cause that's how I roll.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #93
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Ziggy Ansah, 6'5" 271 4.62 40 yard dash, 1.56 10 yard split.

Dion Jordan 6'6" 248 lbs. 4.53/1.57

Margus Hunt 6'8" 277 lbs. 4.60/1.62

These DLs are faster than some of the WRs.

Last edited by Playoffs; 02-25-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #94
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95464 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Ziggy Ansah, 6'5" 271 4.62 40 yard dash, 1.56 10 yard split.

Dion Jordan 6'6" 248 lbs. 4.53/1.57
Ansah is a guy I would LOVE to see us draft. But that's just not going to happen. He's going top 10 come draft time.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #95
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Grad school. I am going to level with all of you guys- I have not watched even a second of the Combine. Not online, not on TV, nothing. I still read the board, but I am pretty well uninformed on this draft.

I'll still probably complain come April though, 'cause that's how I roll.
regardless you uniformed opinion still carry's weight with me, but here is my question for you- what is easier for you to address this draft, defense or the offense? and why?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #96
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Who is the guy out of Rice last year?
I'd be interested to hear too. Considering Dillard was the last WR drafted from Rice and that was in 09
Old 02-25-2013   #97
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

The bad news is nothing better to replace Schaub with. The good news is we can get him another weapon (or two?) and decrease our age & average play & cap (Walter). Almost like the NBA where I hope to get to playoffs "where anything can happen". I am looking at a very heavy defense oriented draft for Texans.

I am trying to decide if Sylvester Williams will be available at our third. ILB, WR, DT, OLB?
Old 02-25-2013   #98
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Sheldon Richardson got blasted by Kiper and Sapp. Needs to get good coaching...
Old 02-25-2013   #99
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Damontre Moore is blowwwwwwwing this combine.

Also, since the Texans finished with a relatively low draft spot (or high, I guess, depending on how you view it) not too many people are expecting a big difference maker in the first round of the draft. There's also no superior QB's (like Luck or RG3) to argue about who is better, so there's really not too many reasons to watch.

I think a lot of people were watching the Wideouts yesterday and will probably be watching the LB's today because probably one of those two positions will be our first round pick.
Old 02-25-2013   #100
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this is one of the deeper drafts in years and that there are ~equally graded difference makers from 5 to 25. As a QB class it is weak, but there's a lot of talent this year.

I prefer drafting into depth, and with the number of picks we have a good draft can upgrade us at many positions.

I'd like to see us get better up the middle on D -- S, ILB, NT and add a top WR prospect and deepen our OL.

Underwear Olympics alone, there's some speed out there.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read