Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-24-2013   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jacoby Jones to be on 'Dancing With The Stars'

Quote:
Jones will be on the 16th season of the ABC dancing competition, which announced the news Sunday night. The rest of the cast will be unveiled Tuesday on "Good Morning America."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...-dancing-stars
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones to be on 'Dancing With The Stars'

Every single one of the female professional dancers on that show are gorgeous. Can't blame him for going.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #3
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
That's funny why? Jacoby is laughing all the way to the bank right now. He's probably the one laughing at us, and I was in the group that wanted to get rid of him.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

With all the time he spends clubbing, he should do well. That is until he has to catch his partner.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #5
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Regardless if you are jealous or not, no one can take the title of "Super Bowl Champion" away from him nor the 108yd TD return Record (unless someone returns one 109yds)

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #6
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Will he drop his dance partner?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #7
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

I was never a fan of Jacoby. Count me in part of the group that was glad to see him gone. But with what Jacoby did last season, I can't help but question whether it was just Kubiak misusing Jacoby.

Were the routes too complicated? Jacoby's not known for his precise route running, but there's on thing he has, and that's speed. The Ravens allowed him to stretch the field and used him properly, and look at what happened.
Old 02-25-2013   #8
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Wish him all the best, and trust that he will compete better than his fellow New Orleans dancing star, Master P. I don't think anyone has been worse.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
I was never a fan of Jacoby. Count me in part of the group that was glad to see him gone. But with what Jacoby did last season, I can't help but question whether it was just Kubiak misusing Jacoby.

Were the routes too complicated? Jacoby's not known for his precise route running, but there's on thing he has, and that's speed. The Ravens allowed him to stretch the field and used him properly, and look at what happened.
Jacoby Jones' season as a Raven was no better than any season he has as a Texan. His stats this past season were 30 receptions for 406 yards and 1 TD, which were actually worse than his final season here in Houston. He just made two crucial catches in the postseason, plus the kick return.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #10
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Jacoby Jones' season as a Raven was no better than any season he has as a Texan. His stats this past season were 30 receptions for 406 yards and 1 TD, which were actually worse than his final season here in Houston. He just made two crucial catches in the postseason, plus the kick return.
The only difference is the Ravens used him as a kick returner, while we didn't. A good question for Kubiak or Marciano.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I always wanted to see him on that show, as a Texan! JJ has a trememdous sense of humor, and I think he will be a hit! I was never one of those who wanted to see him gone, and predicted at the beginning of the season that JJ would be a star for the Ravens! He got way to much blame for that fumble in the playoffs last year, and the fans were relentless in their hate fest toward him. I'll admit, I was as pizzed off as everyone else, but, didn't blame him as much as I blamed the rest of the team for NOT doing their part, including our coaching staff.

He's getting the last laugh and all I can say is MORE POWER TO HIM!! BTW: stats don't mean crap, it's the score at the end of the game that counts, PERIOD!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #12
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11687 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans blocking on special teams is so bad I don't think it would have mattered if we had White Shoes Johnson in his prime we would have probably had the same poor results.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
IHe's getting the last laugh...
I don't know...did you see his new tattoo?
Old 02-25-2013   #14
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Oh, I think he got the last laugh. I was among those enjoying seeing him have it.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #15
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Not yet! guess I'll have to look it up!

Well, I looked it up on the other thread, and it is pretty bad! Regardless, he's a member of a Super Bowl team, and noone can ever take that away from him.. I could go on a rant right now about how much I detest Rick Smith, but, I'll just wait until the next time he screws up, which i am certain will be soon!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #16
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I always wanted to see him on that show, as a Texan! JJ has a trememdous sense of humor, and I think he will be a hit! I was never one of those who wanted to see him gone, and predicted at the beginning of the season that JJ would be a star for the Ravens! He got way to much blame for that fumble in the playoffs last year, and the fans were relentless in their hate fest toward him. I'll admit, I was as pizzed off as everyone else, but, didn't blame him as much as I blamed the rest of the team for NOT doing their part, including our coaching staff.

He's getting the last laugh and all I can say is MORE POWER TO HIM!! BTW: stats don't mean crap, it's the score at the end of the game that counts, PERIOD!!
Smart girl...
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not yet! guess I'll have to look it up!

Well, I looked it up on the other thread, and it is pretty bad! Regardless, he's a member of a Super Bowl team, and noone can ever take that away from him.. I could go on a rant right now about how much I detest Rick Smith, but, I'll just wait until the next time he screws up, which i am certain will be soon!
I agree with you. I was just having fun with it.

I'm over the 2011 season. Heck, I'm over the 2012 season for that matter.

Jacoby Jones is just another football player in the NFL to me. Good for him regarding his success, but I'm neither happy nor bitter about it. I'm apathetic and just find amusement in the on-going discussion.

Although, I do admit that his showboating gets old. I'm glad I don't have to see that goofy prancy dance routine in a Texans uni.
Old 02-26-2013   #18
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

The Raven fans will be calling for Jacoby's head before you know it.
Old 02-27-2013   #19
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
The Raven fans will be calling for Jacoby's head before you know it.
I don't care- Hines Ward did it and won a SB; JJ just got his.

Do I honestly believe the Ravens will be in aposition to defend their title?

No.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013   #20
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

People say they hate Jacoby, but ya'll love that knucklehead just as much
of the rest of us.

I gotta admit.

The Texans were not as fun to watch without that guy on the field for us
this season.

I'll be watching that lame-ass show until he gets kicked off.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read