Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-13-2013   #21
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Why no women in NFL GM positions?

What's next, they get to vote or something?
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013   #22
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Pro Football is a man's game. You also don't see any women playing in the NFL either. Some jobs are just not meant for women, even though I believe any woman is very capable of doing any job a man can do.
Old 02-15-2013   #23
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Pro Football is a man's game. You also don't see any women playing in the NFL either. Some jobs are just not meant for women, even though I believe any woman is very capable of doing any job a man can do.
A GM evaluates talent. You don't have to play the game to be able to do that. I'm not familiar with many GM's, but I'm sure there have been successful ones who haven't played football.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013   #24
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
A GM evaluates talent. You don't have to play the game to be able to do that. I'm not familiar with many GM's, but I'm sure there have been successful ones who haven't played football.
That's true. Anybody can become a good GM if they understand the game and can recognize good talent. I've never held a front office position in the NFL, but I've been watching the game for 30 years and can evaluate talent when I see it at the high school or collegiate level.

A woman can definitely do a good job as a general manager in the NFL provided she has been following the game long enough and knows what to look for. It's just like a woman can become an owner of an NFL team, as there have been quite of few of those powerful women in the game already.
Old 02-16-2013   #25
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerruh Jones is proof that you don't have to know anything about football to be a good GM.

Old 02-16-2013   #26
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

This question is like asking why would you hire a fat slob to be your nutritionist or your trainer.

Women have no business taking over a position like that in this sport. Could they potentially do it? Sure, but that doesn't mean it should happen.

Women don't play football. It's a man's sport and it always has been.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013   #27
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
This question is like asking why would you hire a fat slob to be your nutritionist or your trainer.

Women have no business taking over a position like that in this sport. Could they potentially do it? Sure, but that doesn't mean it should happen.

Women don't play football. It's a man's sport and it always has been.
The fact that women don't play football shouldn't have any impact whether they could run an NFL organization. These guys are current NFL GM's and have never played football either.

John Idzik
Ruston Webster
Howie Roseman
Phil Emery
Mark Dominik
Trent Baalke

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013   #28
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the owner of the Rams, whats' her name, was also the GM?

I could be wrong, but I thought when the Rams made their run in '99, they did a story on her and she also did GM duties...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013   #29
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
I thought the owner of the Rams, whats' her name, was also the GM?

I could be wrong, but I thought when the Rams made their run in '99, they did a story on her and she also did GM duties...
Georgia Frontiere. Don Klosterman was the GM. Ironically the Rams went on to the SB under her (vs Steelers) but she is one of the most hated owners ever.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read