Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-21-2013   #1
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL.com Mock

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...-brooks/165102

It has the Texans taking Robert Woods, but more importantly it has Star Lotulelei falling to number 18. Did something come out about him I'm not aware of? If he falls that far I hope we trade up and grab him.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #2
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL.com Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post

It has the Texans taking Robert Woods, but more importantly it has Star Lotulelei falling to number 18. Did something come out about him I'm not aware of? If he falls that far I hope we trade up and grab him.
I guess if Woods is who they want I'm OK with that, but I think Hopkins may be a little better. As for Lotulelei falling that far, I don't think it will happen, but hey, you never know. Don't think the Texans would go up that far to get him. Might cost (picks) too much.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #3
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm not sure who Bucky Brooks is and not sure that his mock is worth anything more than yours or mine but if the draft did fall like this I'd be disappointed if the Texans took Robert Woods while DeAndre Hopkins, Quinton Patton, and Justin Hunter were still on the board. I don't think Woods is worth our #27 pick. He's good but I just don't see anything really special about him. Of course that makes him a perfect Kubiak pick.

As for Lotulelei if he fell to #18 I'd give serious consideration to trading up and getting him but it all depends on cost. The same could also be said for Sheldon Richardson who is shown be fall to #23, depending on cost I'd seriously look at trading up for him. I know that DE isn't a big need right now but he could be another JJ Watt, measurables and motor.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #4
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I'm not sure who Bucky Brooks is and not sure that his mock is worth anything more than yours or mine but if the draft did fall like this I'd be disappointed if the Texans took Robert Woods while DeAndre Hopkins, Quinton Patton, and Justin Hunter were still on the board. I don't think Woods is worth our #27 pick. He's good but I just don't see anything really special about him. Of course that makes him a perfect Kubiak pick.

As for Lotulelei if he fell to #18 I'd give serious consideration to trading up and getting him but it all depends on cost. The same could also be said for Sheldon Richardson who is shown be fall to #23, depending on cost I'd seriously look at trading up for him. I know that DE isn't a big need right now but he could be another JJ Watt, measurables and motor.
If either of them were to fall that far we would be crazy not to at least try and move up to grab one. The price in the early rounds of this draft to move around (up or down) shouldn't be as much as it wold be on other drafts because the talent level is pretty even.

By this is one of the worst mocks I have seen.
Old 02-21-2013   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not sure who Bucky Brooks is and not sure that his mock is worth anything more than yours or mine...
Former NFL player and current SI.com & NFL.com columnist. And his mock isn't any better (or worse) than yours or mine.
Old 02-21-2013   #6
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Former NFL player and current SI.com & NFL.com columnist. And his mock isn't any better (or worse) than yours or mine.
Ah didn't even think about that. Should've looked up who he was and his background...

But anyway, interesting conversation at least. What would you guys be willing to give up to move to the 18 spot for Star?
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But anyway, interesting conversation at least. What would you guys be willing to give up to move to the 18 spot for Star?
I would be more interested in moving up for Patterson.
Old 02-21-2013   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ah didn't even think about that. Should've looked up who he was and his background...

Probably trading places in the 1st #27

The 3rd rd pick and a 5th rd pick.

Atleast that's what it was when the Ravens traded up for Flacco and the Texans got D.Brown. The 1st rd picks were comparable. IIRC

Yes I would do that deal for either Star or Richardson. They are true difference makers.

I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of Justin Hunter though. If he makes the improvement in yr 2 after coming back from his ACL, I could see Hunter becoming an A.J. Green type WR after a couple of yrs in the NFL.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013   #9
Lucky

Quote:
  1. Robert Woods WR USC

Andre Johnson remains one of the best receivers in the NFL, but he needs a quality complement on the opposite side to take some of the offensive load off his shoulders. Woods, who played in Marqise Lee's shadow during his final season at USC, is a polished receiver with a game that is suited for the pros.
Woods had a down junior season after an offseason ankle injury. He was lights out as a soph. Still, Woods has a way of getting into the end zone (33 TDs in 38 career games). Draft gurus may be sleeping on this guy.
Old 02-22-2013   #10
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Atleast that's what it was when the Ravens traded up for Flacco and the Texans got D.Brown. The 1st rd picks were comparable. IIRC

Yes I would do that deal for either Star or Richardson. They are true difference makers.

I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of Justin Hunter though. If he makes the improvement in yr 2 after coming back from his ACL, I could see Hunter becoming an A.J. Green type WR after a couple of yrs in the NFL.
This is surprising, I also don't remember the specifics of that trade but I would expect it to have been much more expensive than that. If we could move from #27 to #18 for only a 3rd and 5th then I'd jump on that trade fast. I agree Lotulelei and Richardson are difference makers and both are worth trading up for depending on cost, even if it's expensive.

I also have been thinking of Hunter as an A.J. Green type of WR, a very good comparison and agree that it will probably take about 2 yrs. for him to get there. Hunter is currently listed as a late 2nd or early 3rd round prospect but if he has a great Combine, especially in the positional drills, then I can see him moving up to being a late 1st rounder.
Old 02-22-2013   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Texans received a 3rd, 5th and a 6th (Dominique Barber).
Old 02-22-2013   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Woods had a down junior season after an offseason ankle injury. He was lights out as a soph. Still, Woods has a way of getting into the end zone (33 TDs in 38 career games). Draft gurus may be sleeping on this guy.
I don't think the NFL coaches and GMs are sleeping on him.
Woods is an offensive weapon alright.
The thing is that there are several in this class.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's good but Stedman Bailey of West Virginia 114/1622 15.1 avg 25 TDs one season not career.
Old 02-22-2013   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is surprising, I also don't remember the specifics of that trade but I would expect it to have been much more expensive than that. If we could move from #27 to #18 for only a 3rd and 5th then I'd jump on that trade fast. I agree Lotulelei and Richardson are difference makers and both are worth trading up for depending on cost, even if it's expensive.

I also have been thinking of Hunter as an A.J. Green type of WR, a very good comparison and agree that it will probably take about 2 yrs. for him to get there. Hunter is currently listed as a late 2nd or early 3rd round prospect but if he has a great Combine, especially in the positional drills, then I can see him moving up to being a late 1st rounder.
It's gonna be hard to predict how many receivers to go in the first round.

Don't forget Marcus Davis who measured in at 6'3-1/8 and 230 LBs at the Shrine game, with 33-3/4" arm length and 10-1/8 hands.
The guy is just a freak, having been timed under 4.4 in the 40s with a 44" vertical.
Old 02-22-2013   #15
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather have Minter or Ried before the USC kid. I watch LSU alot and both Ried and Minter have skills.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013   #16
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It's gonna be hard to predict how many receivers to go in the first round.

Don't forget Marcus Davis who measured in at 6'3-1/8 and 230 LBs at the Shrine game, with 33-3/4" arm length and 10-1/8 hands.
The guy is just a freak, having been timed under 4.4 in the 40s with a 44" vertical.
On CBS/NFLDraftscout Marcus Davis has fallen to the 7th round.

If we're going off measurables take a look at Rodney Smith from FSU, he's listed at 6'04" and 225 lbs. with 34 3/4" arms and 10 3/8" hands. He's listed by CBS to be a 5th-6th round pick. He needs to work on his focus and routes according to CBS, but he'd be worth a late pick if we double up at WR.
Old 02-22-2013   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:

If we're going off measurables take a look at Rodney Smith from FSU, he's listed at 6'04" and 225 lbs. with 34 3/4" arms and 10 3/8" hands. He's listed by CBS to be a 5th-6th round pick. He needs to work on his focus and routes according to CBS, but he'd be worth a late pick if we double up at WR.
Yeah I mocked Davis for long time as he has everything but the ball.
Old 02-22-2013   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I actually have been looking at Rodney before, and somewhat "in-depth" the last couple of days. Definitely worth at least a sixth round pick, probably higher. He's underutilized in that balanced offense. He doesn't have the lateral movement and the agility, but there's something there that I like (besides his height). His hands aren't bad, and his blocking is quite good. He might be better than Jean; but... can we spend a late round pick on another position instead?

I don't know if it's an easy thing to do if you're a HC and/or a GM.
A sixth, well, I think I just have to, since we're going to have a fews.

Man, I don't think building a team is all that easy as some think.
Old 02-22-2013   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Yeah I mocked Davis for long time as he has everything but the ball.
Where do you mock him? In which part of which round?

Right now, I put him in the mid-fourth; but I think the combine can only move him up. ???
Old 02-22-2013   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I'd rather have Minter or Ried before the USC kid. I watch LSU alot and both Ried and Minter have skills.
I haven't watched much of Minter.
I do like Reid's athleticism, but he does look a bit like Pollard at times.
I want to put him in the late second, I think he has the skill set to be a starter.
On the other hand, I'm not quite sure about his mindset.

That's why I think that this draft is very deep overall.
You don't have many close to complete guys, but a lot of them flash potentials.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read