Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-21-2013   #21
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What if all NFL logos were British?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
ahem, Texas is not the "South". "Southern" - Mississippi or Alabama (think SEC) cultures were very different than those who settled Texas. If you are from Texas you may think you are a part of that old southern culture but they don't think you are (and really, we wouldn't want to be a part of that anyway). Southern culture is not even remotely close to Texan culture...hell, even today. Texas was dominated by German immigrants. The Brits colonized all the way to the Mississippi river, had the bad teeth and preferred blacks over Mexican slave labor. Also everyone knows that the Clampets were from Tennessee and Granny was from Arkansas.
In all my travels, I can't tell you the number of times I've had people say: "Oh, Texas. So you're from the South?" I tell them, "No! I am not from the south--I am from TEXAS."

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #22
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

well, we are from the "South" you know. I don't think most people are referring to civil war era culture when coming and going. I'm talking about old school stereotypical culture from caricatures from the past.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #23
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
well, we are from the "South" you know. I don't think most people are referring to civil war era culture when coming and going. I'm talking about old school stereotypical culture from caricatures from the past.
Some of them are as well.

Old 02-21-2013   #24
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
If they wanted to stereotype Houston, rednecks would have been much more applicable than hillbillies.
What about "the Houston Moist Spines"?

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #25
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I have always considered Texas part of the South and myself a Southerner for being from Texas. Texas was one of the 13 Confederate states and most people that settled Texas (outside of Europeans) were from the Deep South. My ancestors migrated to Texas from Tennessee in 1840.

I had several relatives that served in Texas regiments during the Civil War. I have an ancestor on the Texas Confederate monument at Gettsyburg near the Round Tops where the Texas Brigade fought.

The Texas accent (especially east Texas) is a southern accent. Northern people can't tell a Texan from a Georgian when it comes to accents. We all say y'all, fixin', etc.

That said Texas is NOT part of what's considered the Deep South. Texas and Texans are different than the other Southern states. However they are also similar. State pride is still huge in most of the Southern states like Texas. That really doesn't exist outside of the South.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #26
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
There are the best 2 ...

I don't understand the second one. Help?
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #27
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I think its one for The Browns, I guess because they're sh!+ty.... maybe.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #28
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Loo is a british term for toilet.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #29
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93054 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

The NYG logo is an actual improvement IMO
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013   #30
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I have always considered Texas part of the South and myself a Southerner for being from Texas. Texas was one of the 13 Confederate states and most people that settled Texas (outside of Europeans) were from the Deep South. My ancestors migrated to Texas from Tennessee in 1840.

I had several relatives that served in Texas regiments during the Civil War. I have an ancestor on the Texas Confederate monument at Gettsyburg near the Round Tops where the Texas Brigade fought.

The Texas accent (especially east Texas) is a southern accent. Northern people can't tell a Texan from a Georgian when it comes to accents. We all say y'all, fixin', etc.

That said Texas is NOT part of what's considered the Deep South. Texas and Texans are different than the other Southern states. However they are also similar. State pride is still huge in most of the Southern states like Texas. That really doesn't exist outside of the South.

Old 02-22-2013   #31
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My dad would always tell me that he's "taking the Browns to the Super Bowl" when he was going to the bathroom.
Old 02-23-2013   #32
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

that were an awful lame effort...

stick a monocle on all the logo's and call it british = hilarity
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013   #33
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
that were an awful lame effort...

stick a monocle on all the logo's and call it british = hilarity
It's the offseason. Not a whole lot of football going on unless you're really into mock drafts and the combine.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #34
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Good point. Another reason why Texas is a Southern state. People from non-southern states don't call Northerners Yankees.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read