Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013   #121
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,156
Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Nah. Texans have a proclivity to overpay QB position. Probably move up into the top 10 just like Atlanta did for Julio Jones?
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013   #122
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Playoffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,227
Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Greg Cosell podcast preliminarily covers QBs:

Geno Smith no question he has NFL arm, bounces on drops(negative)
Matt Barkley weak arm, poor velocity, does not drive ball on deep throws, poor feet ... significant question as to whether he has the physical attributes to be a quality NFL QB

...covers Glennon, Nassib, Manuel in first 20-30 minutes of this link.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013   #123
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 41
Posts: 32,280
Rep Power: 150820 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Matt Barkley weak arm, poor velocity, does not drive ball on deep throws, poor feet ... significant question as to whether he has the physical attributes to be a quality NFL QB
I heard yesterday that Barkley wasn't going to throw at the combine, because his arm wouldn't be ready in time. As if he had an issue that hadn't healed yet.

Know anything about that?
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013   #124
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,033
Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

I was guessing where Leebig got his conclusion from; I guessed right.

But we ought to remember that Cosell said that it's early in the process.
I think he said he only watch 2 or 3 games on each of these QBs at the time of the podcast.

He had to spend time on some 500 players (maybe at least 200) in a short amount of time.

I try not to be so ambitious.

Also, it seems to me like Cosell is favoring the Madden's approach a little more over Bill Walsh's.

Yet, Cosell still had to admit that he was "wrong" on Kaepernick.
My records on QBs in the last few years are still "very good".

I have yet to make a wrong call.

It will be tough luck for me if Barkley doesn't recover fully from his shoulder injury.

The guys who definitely have stronger arms in this class are Glennon, Geno, and Manuel.

Dysert might, too; but it's pretty close.

The thing about Barkley is that he may not be able to improve on his arm strength much more because his footwork and throwing mechanic is already near top form while the other guys should be able to improve in these areas to make their range even better.

But Barkley already shows better arm strength than Schaub.

Now, I've never consider Barkley as an elite QB in college.
In fact, I was against all the hypes he got as an USC recruit; I don't have a bias for Barkley.
At the same time, I don't care about the failure of other USC QBs in the pros either. They have nothing to do with one another as far as individual talent and QB prowess is concerned.

To me, Barkley shows an overall game that lend itself to a solid NFL QB.
I "kinda" disliked him as a Freshman at USC, but it looks to me like he's been working on it, I think his arrow is pointing up.

Now to EJ Manuel.
This guys has improved a great deal from his Jr. year.
It makes you wonder though, where was his head?
This might be a classic case when a guy discovers how to use brainpower instead of pure athleticism.

On this one, I agree with Leebig.
This guy can be a dark horse.
Can somebody teaches this young man to further develop his mind?

This guy really impressed me from one year to the next.
His decision making... How he handles himself in the pocket.
I like his potential better than Dysert.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013   #125
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!
 
Dutchrudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Houston
Section: Fort Kickass
Age: 29
Posts: 15,063
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Greg Cosell podcast preliminarily covers QBs:

Geno Smith no question he has NFL arm, bounces on drops(negative)
Matt Barkley weak arm, poor velocity, does not drive ball on deep throws, poor feet ... significant question as to whether he has the physical attributes to be a quality NFL QB

...covers Glennon, Nassib, Manuel in first 20-30 minutes of this link.
Your links are dead.

As for Barkley, watch his 2011 tape instead of 2012. He looked like a completely different player to me. He arguably had better WR talent to throw to in 2012, yet he regressed as a passer. I think the change of the offensive scheme killed his draft-ability in 2012. He doesn't look at all like the same player, and it seemed like 80-90% of his passes were 5 yards or less. I don't think that was on him, but rather on the playcalling. I think Barkley is a diamond in the rough this year, because what he showed in 2011 was much much much better than anything he did in 2012. Taking him mid-2nd or later would be a steal IMO.
__________________
Life is too important to be taken seriously. -Oscar Wilde
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #126
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce
 
Mari-OWNED!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 26
Posts: 691
Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

If for some reason Geno Smith is available at #27, would his value be high enough for the Texans to draft him over a need position like WR, ILB, or NT?

While I can say that I wouldn't be too thrilled if that were the case, I honestly don't think I could blame the front office either for a bold move like that.

What do you guys think?
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #127
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Playoffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,227
Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Your links are dead.
Sorry, how's this?

http://media22.podbean.com/pb/cae27e...mbine21913.mp3

or linked in here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...1900--nfl.html
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #128
b0ng
Ooops
 
b0ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 33
Posts: 7,518
Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
If for some reason Geno Smith is available at #27, would his value be high enough for the Texans to draft him over a need position like WR, ILB, or NT?

While I can say that I wouldn't be too thrilled if that were the case, I honestly don't think I could blame the front office either for a bold move like that.

What do you guys think?
Some team would probably be willing to give up a nice pick next year to move back into the first in order to draft him in such a late slide. I think he has a decent chance at being a good nfl QB but there are more interesting players in 2014 and 2015.
__________________
\_(ツ)_/
http://www.thedrawplay.com/?p=88
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #129
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 41
Posts: 32,280
Rep Power: 150820 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Some team would probably be willing to give up a nice pick next year to move back into the first in order to draft him in such a late slide. I think he has a decent chance at being a good nfl QB but there are more interesting players in 2014 and 2015.
I also don't believe what they are saying. A QB is going to go in the top 10 & I bet two others go before the 20th pick. This is a QB driven league & there aren't enough franchise QBs to go around.

I would be surprised if the Texans draft a QB before the third round. But if they do, that would confirm that his Lisfranc affected him more than they are saying.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #130
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,033
Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
If for some reason Geno Smith is available at #27, would his value be high enough for the Texans to draft him over a need position like WR, ILB, or NT?

While I can say that I wouldn't be too thrilled if that were the case, I honestly don't think I could blame the front office either for a bold move like that.

What do you guys think?
Talent wise, I think he's there.
I've read that his QB coach said he can do it from under center, although I don't think I've seen it from the games I watched.
I like to see how he does certain thing from there to be sure.

With Cam Newton, for example, I was able to see 21 snaps with him under center, and his footwork, his read, his hand-off to the back, his drop, his deep throws, they all look fine (even better than some of the QBs who played in a pro offense or WCO). So, I didn't hesitate one bit when I stated that I can see him as the number one player to be drafted that year (not just the first QB to be drafted.)

Assuming what his QB coach said is true, I don't have any problem with Geno Smith in the talent department. (By the same token, I don't see Smith last to our spot.)

But I don't expect the Texans to draft a QB early; I doubt they draft a QB at all, unless like TK said, they know that something is wrong with Schaub.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #131
Doppelganger
None
 
Doppelganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,856
Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

I would like to take the opportunity to speak positively for my favorite QB prospect in this draft: Matt Scott. At 6'2, 212lbs he ran the 3rd best 40 time for a QB and set the best-ever mark for the 20-yard shuttle run by a QB (3.99). He has excellent agility and athleticism. He has good arm strength. The ball came out in a nice tight spiral with plenty of zip on short and intermediate throws. He was very accurate on short and intermediate throws. His deeper throws were not as accurate but had plenty of power. I suspect a lot of that is due to his very inconsistent foot work. Once that problem is cleaned up, he could be accurate on longer throws as well.

The next iteration of the ZBS could be an option read. Matt Scott would be an excellent choice to QB such an offense. His precombine performances reminded me of a young Jake the Snake and his combine performance cemented it for me. I would take him in the 3rd round.
__________________

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #132
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,033
Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I would like to take the opportunity to speak positively for my favorite QB prospect in this draft: Matt Scott. At 6'2, 212lbs he ran the 3rd best 40 time for a QB and set the best-ever mark for the 20-yard shuttle run by a QB (3.99). He has excellent agility and athleticism. He has good arm strength. The ball came out in a nice tight spiral with plenty of zip on short and intermediate throws. He was very accurate on short and intermediate throws. His deeper throws were not as accurate but had plenty of power. I suspect a lot of that is due to his very inconsistent foot work. Once that problem is cleaned up, he could be accurate on longer throws as well.

The next iteration of the ZBS could be an option read. Matt Scott would be an excellent choice to QB such an offense. His precombine performances reminded me of a young Jake the Snake and his combine performance cemented it for me. I would take him in the 3rd round.
Scott is a guy I've been putting on the back burner, just because I don't think the Texans will draft a QB in the first 3 rounds. But yeah, I've been hearing good things about him.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #133
Doppelganger
None
 
Doppelganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,856
Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Scott is a guy I've been putting on the back burner, just because I don't think the Texans will draft a QB in the first 3 rounds. But yeah, I've been hearing good things about him.
The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. I really don't think Schaub is a longterm answer. His mobility, which was not great before the injury, was next to nothing after the injury. He claims he did not have an injury down the stretch and if true suggests his arm was weakening or he was getting some dead arm. Not the QB to go forward with, but Smith gave him the big $ contract. I also don't think Yates or Keenum is the guy. The Yates I saw in the preseason and in the later part of the reg season appeared to regress from his rookie year. Yes, he was able to scramble, but accuracy was off and decision making wasn't there.

I think Scott has the potential to be an above average QB in this league. The combination of arm and ability to run would be an intriguing option. I am not suggesting he should run it like Kapernick(sp), but in an option offense which utilizes boots(like the Texans) he could be particularly effective.
__________________

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #134
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame
 
steelbtexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 51
Posts: 11,196
Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Tyler Bray
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #135
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Playoffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,227
Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Sean Renfree
Anybody like this guy?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #136
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,033
Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Tyler Bray
Bray is doing better at the combine I heard; good for him.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #137
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame
 
leebigeztx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: League City formerly of LaMarque
Age: 43
Posts: 1,519
Rep Power: 23128 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I was guessing where Leebig got his conclusion from; I guessed right.

But we ought to remember that Cosell said that it's early in the process.
I think he said he only watch 2 or 3 games on each of these QBs at the time of the podcast.

He had to spend time on some 500 players (maybe at least 200) in a short amount of time.

I try not to be so ambitious.

Also, it seems to me like Cosell is favoring the Madden's approach a little more over Bill Walsh's.

Yet, Cosell still had to admit that he was "wrong" on Kaepernick.
My records on QBs in the last few years are still "very good".

I have yet to make a wrong call.

It will be tough luck for me if Barkley doesn't recover fully from his shoulder injury.

The guys who definitely have stronger arms in this class are Glennon, Geno, and Manuel.

Dysert might, too; but it's pretty close.

The thing about Barkley is that he may not be able to improve on his arm strength much more because his footwork and throwing mechanic is already near top form while the other guys should be able to improve in these areas to make their range even better.

But Barkley already shows better arm strength than Schaub.

Now, I've never consider Barkley as an elite QB in college.
In fact, I was against all the hypes he got as an USC recruit; I don't have a bias for Barkley.
At the same time, I don't care about the failure of other USC QBs in the pros either. They have nothing to do with one another as far as individual talent and QB prowess is concerned.

To me, Barkley shows an overall game that lend itself to a solid NFL QB.
I "kinda" disliked him as a Freshman at USC, but it looks to me like he's been working on it, I think his arrow is pointing up.

Now to EJ Manuel.
This guys has improved a great deal from his Jr. year.
It makes you wonder though, where was his head?
This might be a classic case when a guy discovers how to use brainpower instead of pure athleticism.

On this one, I agree with Leebig.
This guy can be a dark horse.
Can somebody teaches this young man to further develop his mind?

This guy really impressed me from one year to the next.
His decision making... How he handles himself in the pocket.
I like his potential better than Dysert.
I'm not gonna say i told ya so, but you're not the only guy who watches tape. Just as i stated the faults of schaub way before anyone wanted to admit them, barkley is in that same mold. When there is pressure inside, he cant reset his feet off a slide and deliver the ball down the field. Now, people want to use brady as an exapmle, but before the knee injury, brady was pretty moblie. He never had a cannon, but he didnt have to wind up to deliver. If you go back and look at brady post injury, he had all kinds of problems getting the ball outside to moss. Even right now, 80% of his passes are inside the numbers. Barkley is like this and its hard to be successful with a guy like that. In the playoffs, you will have people at your feet and once you anchor, sometimes you have to reset and go to other options. Thats something barkley cant do because he has slow feet. I mean, Vick has slow feet as crazy as it may sound, but he has one of the best arms in the nfl.
__________________
Be a student of the game, not a fan.
leebigeztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013   #138
obrien52289
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 24
Rep Power: 0 obrien52289 is ridin' the pine
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

MATT SCOTT Arizona everything the Texans need..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kbtq...e_gdata_player
obrien52289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013   #139
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,033
Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I'm not gonna say i told ya so, but you're not the only guy who watches tape. Just as i stated the faults of schaub way before anyone wanted to admit them, barkley is in that same mold. When there is pressure inside, he cant reset his feet off a slide and deliver the ball down the field. Now, people want to use brady as an exapmle, but before the knee injury, brady was pretty moblie. He never had a cannon, but he didnt have to wind up to deliver. If you go back and look at brady post injury, he had all kinds of problems getting the ball outside to moss. Even right now, 80% of his passes are inside the numbers. Barkley is like this and its hard to be successful with a guy like that. In the playoffs, you will have people at your feet and once you anchor, sometimes you have to reset and go to other options. Thats something barkley cant do because he has slow feet. I mean, Vick has slow feet as crazy as it may sound, but he has one of the best arms in the nfl.
I typed out a long response to you, but it got lost.

I'll just make it brief this time.
I think Barkley's floor is a very good back up; more likely he will be an NFL starter, ie. I think he will earn his second contract as a starter.

Now, our "friend" Cosell calls him a 4th rounder, which I read as "at best a backup".

What's your range?

On Schaub, neither one of us was mistaken.
I was never high on Schaub; never thought of him as a guy who can carry a team.
I have no idea what you mean about "I told you so" regarding to Schaub.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013   #140
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame
 
leebigeztx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: League City formerly of LaMarque
Age: 43
Posts: 1,519
Rep Power: 23128 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

76Texan, I ve had barkley in 3rd rd forever. Even last yr when people said he should've come out he was a 3rd rd prospect. He doesn't have any special traits. If you want a statue, at least get one with a arm like Bray who is a better athlete and can challenge every blade of grass.
__________________
Be a student of the game, not a fan.
leebigeztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger