Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2013   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PreCombine

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
C, what I keep thinking is you don't have to replace Walter with the $2 m savings. You add that $2 m to other money and bring in a vet WR 2 that could possible be AJ's replacement in 2-3 years. I think K. Short will be as successful next to Watt as Smith or as you say reduce Smith's money and use that to strengthen roster. I refer to keep Smith with drastic reduction in his cap hit. IMO, Quin in only FA we have to re-sign.
I wouldnt disagree with that other than whats behind AJ and Walter now - Martin and Jean. The loss of Posey really throws a monkey wrench into the mix at the position.

I would prefer to keep Smith as well - with a reduced cap hit.

Quin is a no brainer to me , you have to resign him and there has been talk that they will franchise him if a deal cant be worked out.

I dont believe Barwin stays , some team is going to throw stupid money at him.

Dobbins should return as depth on the cheap - No idea what they do with Bradie James who played well enough prior to Cushing going down but was woefully inadequate after.

My views on this draft change with every passing scenario ...

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read