Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Rep Power: 82336
One week to combine and as usual players moving up and down like an elevator. While it does feel good to see players I have identified as movers and shakers climbing it blows macaroni to see them move out of my range. It seems as if I am modifying my mock daily. In following, I am only going with a 3 rd round comp for now as is mostly likely to be confirmed. Again, thanks to all comments and suggestions and questions submitted by PMs.
1. DL Kawann Short: can play all positions and despite my own reservations for him as a NT, others evals give me confidence. He starts day one in place of Antonio Smith whom Texans cut saving $6m. He reworked 2012 only from what I can find out. Keep this amount in mind as I discuss after mock.
2. DT Brandon Williams will climb and may settle after combine to mid third. I say we need NT so I reach a bit. IF gone by #59 (I doubt) Sylvester Williams my choice.
3a WR Stedman Bailey 114/1627 14.2 25 TDs red zone monster:
3b OG Alvin Bailey I move off from him to other positions but keep coming back. Benched 400 squatted 590 (high school) learns behind Smith then replaces in 2014. Brown, Brooks, Myers, Bailey and Newton '14.
4. ILB AJ Klein 345 tackles in three season. Next to Cush and behind my Dline he will be sweet. Good in coverage and upper strength to bring down TEs or RBs.
5. CB/S Terry Hawthorne may climb but for now.
6. TE Michael Williams blocking TE who can play in our strong on Oline or has soft hands. Dropped a bit but still my guy.
7. OLB Quanterus Smith should be recovered by Sept 7 I don't want to chance losing him in UDFA.
More comment: It has been reported Texans have $2.4 m carry over cap from last year + $6m A. Smith + Walter $3.5 m go get a FA receiver. If Smith will plus out to lower cap, even better. If Smith goes and Kawaan starts next to Williams, Short can be NT reserve if needed. Not sure I re-sign Mitchell in 2014. He looked better end of season but...DE? Not if he costs too much. Crick's improvement will impact that decision.
I think enough money can be attained by reworking vet contracts to allow a level two ILB and OT. If Barwin goes, the Dallas OLB is interesting at reasonable amount.
The sound of marine engines and superchargers soon shall fill the air!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|