Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 02-12-2013   #21
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How does it feel for Texans fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Actually, I wanted a real answer. Ater watching teams that the avens beat and thoroughly, go on to win the SB tat same year and being really frustrated by knowing that fact, I was asking an honest question.

And I was looking forward to a re-match to avenge the loss. Before that game, the playoff game was close as was the other game in Reliant when Schaub threw the pick 6 in OT.

Thats all.
Doesn't change the fact that to start a thread like this, you come across as a troll.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #22
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No one is 'running down' the Texans
You're coming off that way.

Quote:
we didn't steal anything
Yes you did, unless you feel the Colts weren't stolen from you by Indianapolis. Not sure what you would call it then.

Quote:
and yes we have been there before...
The point was act like it.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #23
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Doesn't change the fact that to start a thread like this, you come across as a troll.
Well lemme find a bridge to hunker down under....
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #24
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
You're coming off that way.

Yes you did, unless you feel the Colts weren't stolen from you by Indianapolis. Not sure what you would call it then.

The point was act like it.
Your viewpoint; you are entitled to it
Old 02-12-2013   #25
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Never really crossed my mind other than the fact I would have much rather played Baltimore than NE in the playoffs. I was actually rooting for the Ravens the whole time and picked them to beat San Fran.

Watching the old Texans players, I don't really miss Pollard. He is a great player in the right system and tough as nails but I think he really benefits from Baltimore's defensive scheme and having Reed playing center field. I just don't think he could line up and be effective in Wade's defense.

Jacoby, I don't miss at all. He needed to be cut. Call it a change of scenery, wake up call, or whatever you will, he had some big plays for ya'll in some crucial situations but I neither miss him nor want him back.

Leach on the other hand I miss like hell. I've haven't enjoyed watching a FB as much as him since Alstott. He's the best blocking fullback in the league and he has hands made of velvet. He was a perfect fit in this system. Hindsight is 20/20 but I sure wish we had shelled out the money for that guy.
Old 02-12-2013   #26
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Why are you guys still talking to this dude and answering his questions? What possible purpose could that serve other than to continue to stroke him. I realize he's a fan of the team that won the Super Bowl but it's like he's taken up residence here to enjoy subtly gloating and sucking up all the butt-hurt and frustration before leaving. Every time he speaks I'm reminded of Eric Cartman lapping up the "delicious tears of unfathomable misery" As long as you respond with some kind of nod to how great they were he's the wonderful, friendly visiting fan (who never leaves). The moment you reply with a contrary belief he gets another boner and starts rubbing your noses in their Super Bowl win.

I just don't get it. All he does is throw bait out and you guys keep biting. The day the Texans win the Super Bowl I can tell you one thing. I'll be surrounded by Texans fans not poorly trolling the board of some other team.
Old 02-12-2013   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
to watch a team you asolutely crushed during the regular season, go on a hot streak in the playoffs and won the Super Bowl?

Do you think you would have won the re-match in Reliant Stadium as well based on te way the Ravens were playing and the way the Texans tailed off at the end?
It absolutely effing sucks!!

"Next question?"
Old 02-12-2013   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Why are you guys still talking to this dude and answering his questions? What possible purpose could that serve other than to continue to stroke him. I realize he's a fan of the team that won the Super Bowl but it's like he's taken up residence here to enjoy subtly gloating and sucking up all the butt-hurt and frustration before leaving. Every time he speaks I'm reminded of Eric Cartman lapping up the "delicious tears of unfathomable misery" As long as you respond with some kind of nod to how great they were he's the wonderful, friendly visiting fan (who never leaves). The moment you reply with a contrary belief he gets another boner and starts rubbing your noses in their Super Bowl win.

I just don't get it. All he does is throw bait out and you guys keep biting. The day the Texans win the Super Bowl I can tell you one thing. I'll be surrounded by Texans fans not poorly trolling the board of some other team.
Alas, still in mourning!

Quote:
I just don't get it. All he does is throw bait out and you guys keep biting. The day the Texans win the Super Bowl I can tell you one thing. I'll be surrounded by Texans fans not poorly trolling the board of some other team
While I understand and mostly agree with this, don't think for a minute that I won't throw caca in Tinnbred fan's face.

The best part for me? The Ravens will way overpay for Flacco.
Old 02-12-2013   #29
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Cream rises to the top. The whooping the Texans put upon the Ravens during the regular season was irrelevant in the long run. Texans would not have won the rematch, I have no doubt about that. Texans had been in a funk really since they squeaked two over time wins against the Jaguars and the Lions.
SB champs seem to rise in the playoff's. Texans had been in a free fall for a long time.
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013   #30
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's kind of fun if you ask me. Maybe it wouldn't be so much fun if I took as serious as you seem to. It's the offseason and and I can only read so many threads that say the same thing by the same people in the NSZ.

Good old fashioned football bitterness has been hard to find since our dear friend Blazing Arrow passed (may you RIP my friend) and the Titans have gone south.

Sure, this handswarmer dude is a weazel for making this thread but this is more fun than the NSZ anyday.

Handswarmer, I've got your handswarmer right here, but I'd never call myself one.
Old 02-13-2013   #31
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:

Not sure why you take the whole thing so serious; it is a discussion board, is it not? Snce I am no a Texan fan, I should leave theday after my team plays yours?

Is this the modern version of the "HE MAN WOMAN HATER"S CLUB"?
Old 02-13-2013   #32
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
It's kind of fun if you ask me. Maybe it wouldn't be so much fun if I took as serious as you seem to. It's the offseason and and I can only read so many threads that say the same thing by the same people in the NSZ.

Good old fashioned football bitterness has been hard to find since our dear friend Blazing Arrow passed (may you RIP my friend) and the Titans have gone south.

Sure, this handswarmer dude is a weazel for making this thread but this is more fun than the NSZ anyday.

Handswarmer, I've got your handswarmer right here, but I'd never call myself one.
You are welcome, my friend.

And yuo are the first person to understand the gist of my Screen name which is a play off my real name...
Old 02-13-2013   #33
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Offseason?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013   #34
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You realize that was Week 7?
Yes, that's part of the joke. I thought cutting the trophy in half and shipping it to Kubiak would have been enough of a tipoff that I didn't need the sarcasm smiley.

As for the thread in general, this is the smack talk subforum, so I don't have a problem with it. It's here to talk smack and agitate other fans with a good ribbing. No reason to call the guy a troll for gloating about winning the Super Bowl. I'm sure if the Texans win one, the Cowboys and our division rival's boards will be rife with these kinds of threads rubbing it in their faces. It's just the nature of fandom. As long as people aren't attacking each other personally, it's all in good fun. Ignore it if you can't take the heat.
Old 02-13-2013   #35
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what? My mistake. Honestly, it really was.

I tend to see threads on the front "Forums" page and sometimes mistakenly click on one that leads to the smack talk forum, assuming that it's in the National Football League forum. I don't normally participate in this forum and usually when I do this I catch that I'm now in here and back out. I think smack talk is pointless, Disliked Blazing Arrow intensely, and take the entire "thing" far too seriously (for good or ill) to do this. This time I didn't notice that it was in the smack talk forum until later.

By all means, enjoy your conversation. My mistake.
Old 02-13-2013   #36
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You know what? My mistake. Honestly, it really was.

I tend to see threads on the front "Forums" page and sometimes mistakenly click on one that leads to the smack talk forum, assuming that it's in the National Football League forum. I don't normally participate in this forum and usually when I do this I catch that I'm now in here and back out. I think smack talk is pointless, Disliked Blazing Arrow intensely, and take the entire "thing" far too seriously (for good or ill) to do this. This time I didn't notice that it was in the smack talk forum until later.

By all means, enjoy your conversation. My mistake.
I think it was moved into this forum.
But I could be mistaken.

Old 02-13-2013   #37
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
I think it was moved into this forum.
But I could be mistaken.
Prtty sure I started it here.
Old 02-13-2013   #38
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just checked the thread history...you did.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013   #39
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Quote:
Wasn't accusing, just couldn't remember.

In any event, mods could we change the title of this thread to: The All-Encompassing Handswarmer Stupid Crap Thread?

No? Ok, cool

Old 02-14-2013   #40
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Wasn't accusing, just couldn't remember.

In any event, mods could we change the title of this thread to: The All-Encompassing Handswarmer Stupid Crap Thread?

No? Ok, cool

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read