Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-12-2013   #61
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Harvin to Houston a Possibility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I think it's OK being here since this is a discussion of him possibly fitting in with the Texans.

The Texans do need someone else for sure. I don't know enough about this guy (besides him being a good player) to give an educated opinion. Has he had any off the field issues or locker room issues?
How about we just have a free agency thread in the NFL section where every free agent is discussed? These threads always end up being about how he would fit on the Texans anyways, might as well clean this place up and corral the discussion. 99% of these guys don't even get an offer from us anyways, so what's it matter?
Old 02-12-2013   #62
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
How about we just have a free agency thread in the NFL section where every free agent is discussed? These threads always end up being about how he would fit on the Texans anyways, might as well clean this place up and corral the discussion. 99% of these guys don't even get an offer from us anyways, so what's it matter?
I'd like an entire Free Agency SUB FORUM in the NFL section for that matter.

Make as many threads about as many free agents as a person's heart is set upon for all I care, just round it all up and put it in one spot and get it out of the general discussion area and out of the NFL general discussion area too while we're at it.

The standing rule for the free agent threads in that forum would be that once a thread is created once for a player, it becomes an All Encompassing Percy Harvin thread. This way you can keep Percy Harvin discussions in one thread in one Free Agent forum...so that the discussion can be tracked each time he's a free agent (making it easy to go back and see what was said about him, to see the flow of the thread from one period to the next of his free agency transactions). If a person starts another Percy Harvin thread, it gets dumped into the All Encompassing Percy Harvin thread that already exists. Magic.

If Mock Drafts forum(s) exists, why not make a Free Agent forum too?
Old 02-12-2013   #63
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

There's just a few too many voices in Viking-land unanimously urging Harvin's ouster for my liking. It's not like they have anything behind him.

That & $30 million guaranteed makes it a 'no' for me.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #64
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

"nobody" wanted jacoby jones here either.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #65
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
"nobody" wanted jacoby jones here either.
I think it's pretty obvious why people didn't want Jacoby, however I'm not so sure why they don't want Percy. If it's simply an attitude thing or maybe he just doesn't like his coach, then I'm OK with it. That's all it seems to be to me, so I'm good with him. And for the record, I wouldn't mind having a guy like Brandon Marshall on the team either, because talent will trump interpersonal issues.
Old 02-12-2013   #66
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
And for the record, I wouldn't mind having a guy like Brandon Marshall on the team either, because talent will trump interpersonal issues.
Totally depends on the coach. There are some guys who just need to not poke the bear.
Old 02-12-2013   #67
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

If Texans show interest in Harvin that opens up Da'Rick Rogers; a puffer is a puffer.
Old 02-12-2013   #68
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

MODS Can we at least merge the other Percy thread?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #69
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
MODS Can we at least merge the other Percy thread?
Hook'em done said NO! Anyways what's the biggie? My eyes get just as tired no matter where the posts are. Often the title tells what thread is about and if you don't want to read ....
Old 02-12-2013   #70
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Hook'em done said NO! Anyways what's the biggie? My eyes get just as tired no matter where the posts are. Often the title tells what thread is about and if you don't want to read ....
There was no mention before of "merging" the thread here ........just of not "moving" the thread to the NFL section. Most of the NFL-based thread has been how it relates to the Texans anyway. Merging would just make the subject more complete and compact, with much more continuity, and with much less chance of duplication of facts/thoughts. If this merger doesn't happen, I can and will adapt and read the NFL thread with my left eye while reading the Texans Talk thread with my right.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #71
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected

In my opinion No! The Texans go out of there way to avoid players with attitude problems like Harvin. Would he be a great fit schematically? Yes. But I Can also see Harvin yelling at Kubiak on the sideline when he is not involved in the gameplan and is the 4th option behind Arian, Andre and Owen.
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #72
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

Why does everyone think the Texans can/should go after every big name FA available?

Do they really think the Texans have the $$$ to sign any big players? Let alone an injury-prone niche player?
Old 02-12-2013   #73
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

This is going to be a migraine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #74
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the thought of making this move. I think Percy could really stretch defenses and give us a legit second outside threat, which this offense border desperately needs.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #75
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I like the thought of making this move. I think Percy could really stretch defenses and give us a legit second outside threat, which this offense border desperately needs.
What is it about Harvin that makes you think he is capable of either stretching the field, or threaten a defense on the outside?

Don't get me wrong, I think Harvin is a dynamic player & I'd love to see him in a Texans uni next year, but if you think this offense needs a deep threat or a major weapon on the edge, Harvin is not that guy.
Old 02-12-2013   #76
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick II Draw View Post
Why does everyone think the Texans can/should go after every big name FA available?

Do they really think the Texans have the $$$ to sign any big players? Let alone an injury-prone niche player?
He's not a free agent. Wed have to get him through trade and he still has a year left on his rookie deal.

He'd likely be looking for a new contract here, but you're pretty much off base in regards to having the money to get him.
Old 02-12-2013   #77
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think it's pretty obvious why people didn't want Jacoby...
Well, my point was jacoby was perceived to be a screw up knuckle head. And that might still be the case...but a team took him in and got enough out of him to help them win a superbowl.

Everyone wants a big upgrade at wr, but no one wants to take a risk. We are trying to get a bargain due to our cap problems. If the guy is as talented as Harvin with no issues he's going to cost a lot more to get if he's even available.
Old 02-12-2013   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
He's not a free agent. Wed have to get him through trade and he still has a year left on his rookie deal.

He'd likely be looking for a new contract here, but you're pretty much off base in regards to having the money to get him.
The rumor is that the Vikings are expecting him to hold out. So the thinking is if we were to trade for him, he'll most likely not play for the remainder of his contract.

While I do believe he will hold out if we trade for him, I don't think he would hold out if he were traded to a true contender, San Francisco or New England
Old 02-12-2013   #79
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The rumor is that the Vikings are expecting him to hold out. So the thinking is if we were to trade for him, he'll most likely not play for the remainder of his contract.

While I do believe he will hold out if we trade for him, I don't think he would hold out if he were traded to a true contender, San Francisco or New England
Yeah, I'm up to speed, but I'm not sure if he'd hold out wherever he was traded. There's other issues in minny besides money...his playing time has been a problem for him ...he wanted to reach certain incentives in his contract and he felt like he wasn't being allowed to do so by being taken off the field too often....

But if we traded for him I think it'd be a non issue because I think they'd try to extend him. And he can afford to hold out in minnesotta through camp and pre season or whatever...he knows the plays there...he has proven himself as a player in that locker room...

Can you imagine how difficult hed make it on himself by being traded and then holding out?

He has to be smarter than that....right? Seems like he'd have more to lose in that situation than gain...
Old 02-12-2013   #80
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75541 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yep, and he's making life diffucult for the Vikings because he wants to be paid. The Vikings dont want to pay him which is why Harvin is on the block.

Pay him and there wont be any problems. He smoked pot to help him with his migranes. They figured out how to help control them and Harvin has been pot free since.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read