Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-12-2013   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Zach Ertz, TE Stanford -- 1st round prospect

Excepts from Rotoworld's Evan Silva's Zach Ertz, Fluid Mover - February 12, 2013

Quote:
A classic "move" tight end in Pep Hamilton and David Shaw's West Coast-style offense, Ertz was utilized all over the formation...

Listed at 6-foot-6 and 252 pounds on the Stanford website, Ertz is a dynamic mover for his size...

Ertz demonstrated legitimate vertical speed and comfortably sifted through traffic...

Much less impressive was Ertz's run blocking in the four games I viewed...

Ertz displayed pass-game instincts by working back to his quarterback when Stanford's wideouts failed to come open downfield. He fought off physical press coverage and jams at the line of scrimmage...

Ertz possesses outstanding athleticism for his size and looks ready to play in the pros, especially in the slot and out wide. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a top-20 pick in April's draft.
read the complete article here: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...tz-fluid-mover

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013   #2
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Zach Ertz, TE Stanford -- 1st round prospect

I don't know a lot about Ertz, but I'm sure he's a very good player with lots of potential and worthy of a 1st round pick. With that said this move only makes sense if we were to cut OD. I know we play a lot of 2 TE sets but Graham really stepped up this past season, so if we kept OD who would sit the bench? I like the idea of a TE in this draft but I'm thinking someone like Michael Williams or Nick Kasa in the 4th or 5th round, a blocking TE that can still catch the ball.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013   #3
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Ertz is a superb TE, but I really think we could add similar playmaking ability just by finally moving Casey from FB to TE where I think he could be a a great target and playmaker.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013   #4
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like Ertz and wish the Texans would take him, but I don't think they go that route in the 1st. My guess is they go WR, OLB, or ILB. I do hope they take a big TE at least in the mid rounds somewhere. This looks like a good draft for the bigger TE's like Fauria, Kelce, Sims, Williams, etc...
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read