Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-11-2013   #41
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Minnesota Vikings: Percy Harvin Could Be Traded

Watt and Cushing will likely need raises pretty soon.

Not sure they can afford a $10 mill plus contract for Harvin. If the contract numbers worked, I'd consider a 2nd for him.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013   #42
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

A team starved for play makers and in a playoff battle IR'ed him for a sprained ankle. Tells me a lot about what he brings. I don't care if my players are boy scouts, but I don't want a me first diva.
Old 02-11-2013   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
A team starved for play makers and in a playoff battle IR'ed him for a sprained ankle. Tells me a lot about what he brings. I don't care if my players are boy scouts, but I don't want a me first diva.
Gotta respect Frazier & that organization for standing behind him.
Old 02-11-2013   #44
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i'd pass. a 2 and 4, plus a very large impending contract for a guy who hasnt topped 1,000 yards or 6 td's, hasnt been able to get along with coaches or teammates, and struggles to play a full season. harvin certainly looks like what we need opposite andre, but between the contract and other baggage i think he costs too much.
This ^^^.

No need for GP to add more, that ^^^ is the list I would have posted.
Old 02-11-2013   #45
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Harvin. But if you heard the strange interview where the Vikings were entirely evasive as to if Harvin was going to be back or not..........no explanation was made for why he might not return.

Just throwing out something to think about. In 2010, Harvin rolled his ankle.......his left ankle. This past season, he again rolled his ankle......his left ankle again. But this time it was a confirmed COMPLETE rupture of the lateral ankle ligament (not really widely publicized). Whether this injury is treated by surgery, or as it has been with Harvin with conservative treatment, studies have shown that 10 to 30% of patients have chronic symptoms, including persistent synovitis (inflammation of the ankle joint) or tendinitis, ankle stiffness, swelling, pain, muscle weakness, complaints of the ankle “giving-way,” and recurrent injury. Ongoing physical therapy programs are geared to reduce instability. However, for individuals with chronic instability refractory to conservative measures, surgery may be needed.....with further concerns listed above......on top of the additional concern of surgical complications.

It may be that the Vikings know something that they are not being totally honest about.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013   #46
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys actually think there is even a slight chance that the Texans would bite on this trade? Lol!

There is no way the Texans even touch this guy. Injury prone, attitude problems, and a trade involving multiple picks for Rick to negotiate? You guys are dreaming.

Either way that is way to much money for Harvin.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013   #47
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You guys actually think there is even a slight chance that the Texans would bite on this trade? Lol!

There is no way the Texans even touch this guy. Injury prone, attitude problems, and a trade involving multiple picks for Rick to negotiate? You guys are dreaming.

Either way that is way to much money for Harvin.
Bolded is not true. I think, up until this injury, he had missed like 3 games in his career. People just liked to talk about the migraines. He played in 15, 14 and 16 games his first 3 years.

I also don't get the attitude issues. As I pointed out in the stats earlier, the guy was one of the best overall players in the league for 2011 and into 2012 and did anything the team asked of him from returner, to RB to WR

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 02-11-2013 at 02:45 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013   #48
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
...It may be that the Vikings know something that they are not being totally honest about.
Yep, and if Harvin does have a potentially chronic ankle there's no way he plays under his current contract. His best position is to hold out for a trade with a new contract and do what he can to pass the physical.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013   #49
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather have Mike Wallace in a Texans uni.
Old 02-11-2013   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Yep, and if Harvin does have a potentially chronic ankle there's no way he plays under his current contract. His best position is to hold out for a trade with a new contract and do what he can to pass the physical.
I think I suffer from what CnD explained. My ankles are shot... & weak. But I can do everything I've always done on them... if my knees allow it that is.

But every now & then, the slightest things will cause me to twist my ankle. There would be pain for a little while, but I always walk it off & I'm good until the next incident.

Of course, I'm nowhere near the athlete Percy Harvin is & he uses his ankles in ways I never had the ability to do. But my point, is that he may not recognize how bad it is.

My ankles were like this for years before I thought I had a chronic problem that stemmed back to skate boarding when I was a teenager.

I can run a mile now, no problem & if I weren't so out of shape, I could probably run 25 without my ankles bothering me..... as long as I'm on a relatively even surface. I play basketball from time to time, no problem, racketball.. same thing. But I'll be damned if I'm just walking across the yard & my heel falls into an unexpected divit......

I'm hitting the ground. People laugh at me (I can take it) because they can't see what caused me to fall.
Old 02-11-2013   #51
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, Percy Harvin and Darelle Revis are available for trade this offseason. A team like Denver or SF trading for either of them would be interesting. I'd like the Texans to get Harvin if possible, but I don't see it happening. The 49ers have the caproom to trade for both, and after seeing them waste a 1st round pick last year on AJ Jenkins, I would think it would be best to trade for a proven guy like Harvin. If they spent a 2nd and 4th on Harvin, and their 1st on Revis, they would have a very good chance of winning it all next year.
Old 02-11-2013   #52
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 366349 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

First off I would love to have Harvin. I do have concerns about attitude but would take the gamble on that. But the compensation in picks and money is just outside the Texans' reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Love this guy. His injury concerns are way overblown as up until last year he had only missed one game due to the migraines. 2 years back he was the most productive WR in the league the 2nd half of the year and started the same last year until the injury. The guy is incredibly talented.
Not sure where you get the bold. Double what he was doing last year and you don't get close to AJ or CJ. Harvin has never topped 1000 yds receiving. AJ had a better rookie year than any Harvin has had so far and that was with Carr throwing to him.

I'd like to have him on the team but I think he is and will be dramatically over valued.

Last edited by infantrycak; 02-11-2013 at 05:12 PM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

I'd like to have him on the team but I think he is and will be dramatically over valued.
I feel exactly the same way. But if we end up not getting him, I bet it's going to serve as proof that Bob is Cheap.

Nevermind that there is a hard cap. Bob's Cheap.

& that's just sad.
Old 02-11-2013   #54
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

If the FO can't land him, I don't think that'll be an indictment of them seeing as Harvin is going to be targeted by other teams.

As for whether they should, I've been mocking Quinton Patton to Houston in the second a bunch, and getting Harvin would basically mean getting a more experienced Patton right away.

If we can't bring him in, we save some cap space and draft picks. If we do, that's one crucial missing piece filled. Going to be interesting to see where he lands this offseason.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013   #55
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
First off I would love to have Harvin. I do have concerns about attitude but would take the gamble on that. But the compensation in picks and money is just outside the Texans' reach.

Not sure where you get the bold. Double what he was doing last year and you don't get close to AJ or CJ. Harvin has never topped 1000 yds receiving. AJ had a better rookie year than any Harvin has had so far and that was with Carr throwing to him.

Players always seem to be just outside othe Texans reach. Which one is it? If he would make the team better I'm would be all for signing Harvin up. Overvalued is in the eye of the beholder.

BTW, after reading Docs post on Harvins injury history I would pass on him.

But it appears the Pats are going to try to trade for Harvin. We're chasing the Pats, does them getting Harvin and the Texans put them farther ahead of the Texans?

See, the thing is teams like the Pats either, A manage their cap better or B are willing to take chances the Texans are not. This explains part of the difference between the 2 orgs. The Texans say they want to emulate the Pats org. But do they really? Because their actions aren't ringing true to their words. They operate nothing like the Pats.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #56
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 7153 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is Harvin to Houston a Possibility?

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...ility/12897190

He's a really good player. What do you think, guys?
Old 02-12-2013   #57
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Harvin to Houston a Possibility?

Percy Harvin hates Brasil.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #58
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Pass.
Old 02-12-2013   #59
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Brought up 3 days ago, thread is in the NFL section where it belongs.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #60
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Brought up 3 days ago, thread is in the NFL section where it belongs.
I think it's OK being here since this is a discussion of him possibly fitting in with the Texans.

The Texans do need someone else for sure. I don't know enough about this guy (besides him being a good player) to give an educated opinion. Has he had any off the field issues or locker room issues?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read