Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-08-2013   #1
AndyWin
Nguyenning

Rep Power: 2223 AndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans have 5th easiest schedule next year...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...=Facebook_news

Opponent's record: 120-134-2

Seeing the Jaguars and Titans twice a year, sure does help...
AndyWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans have 5th easiest schedule next year...

The Colts are one of the 4 teams with an easier schedule.

So, we both play the West, NFC & AFC........ We both play the Jags & the Titans twice.

We play the Patriots & the Ravens, they play the Dolphins & the Bengals....

The Broncos have an even easier schedule; It's going to be interesting.

I know a lot of people don't put a lot of stock in this, but I guarantee Cincy is going to have a hard time getting back to the play offs, So will the Ravens & the Packers. Not saying they won't, but they won't win 12 games.
Old 02-09-2013   #3
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWin View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...=Facebook_news

Opponent's record: 120-134-2

Seeing the Jaguars and Titans twice a year, sure does help...
The Jags, KC and Titans skew the number. A pure W-L-T total for teams played is not an accurate metric to determine strength of schedule, since playing a 1-15 team and a 15-1 equal an 8-8 opponent average. Facing two 8-8 opponents would mean a 12-4 team should win both games, when in actuality they should plan to be 1-1 after those 2 games.
Old 02-09-2013   #4
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Fully expect this thread to blow up when the Texans are 8-2 or something. Never fails. "No wonder they are doing so well!!" Just like the end of 2011, 2012 after losses, etc.
Old 02-09-2013   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

5,000 yards, 45 TDs signed Matt "the arm" Schaub.
Old 02-09-2013   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
The Jags, KC and Titans skew the number. A pure W-L-T total for teams played is not an accurate metric to determine strength of schedule, since playing a 1-15 team and a 15-1 equal an 8-8 opponent average. Facing two 8-8 opponents would mean a 12-4 team should win both games, when in actuality they should plan to be 1-1 after those 2 games.
Why would that be? An 8-8 team is, or should be capable of beating a 12-4 team. The 8-8 team has demonstrated that it can put together a win. if we were facing two 2-14 teams we should expect to beat them both. If we're facing a 1-15 team & a 15-1 team, we should expect to be 1-1.
Old 02-09-2013   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

This is why these types of lists are meaningless. Texans 7 games against playoff teams including the SB winner. Carolina has 5 games against playoff teams. Opposite ends of the easiness scale.
Old 02-09-2013   #8
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Why would that be? An 8-8 team is, or should be capable of beating a 12-4 team. The 8-8 team has demonstrated that it can put together a win. if we were facing two 2-14 teams we should expect to beat them both. If we're facing a 1-15 team & a 15-1 team, we should expect to be 1-1.
Any given team can beat another, I just meant that a 12-4 team is ussually expected to beat a 1-15, or ussually 8-8 team for that matter. I knew I conveyed that wrong. I just meant that several 12 loss teams really make a schedule look easy when in reality it pulls your average down. Plus a 1-15 team in your division is a tougher game than playing a 1-15 team from anityer division.
Old 02-10-2013   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember in 2004 when we went 7-9, which at the time was a ground-breaking season for a fledgling franchise and we had hopes of .500 or better the next year?

I fear a big setback is on the horizon. Certainly not 2-14 as was experienced in 2005, but an unacceptable setback (per fans after the fact).

Please Texans, give me something. This offseason reminds me of other Houston teams too happy with the pards that came close but didn't quite do it. The solution was to keep these good, milk-drinking, talented guys together because they "can do it."

Meanwhile in other parts of Gotham ...............
Old 02-10-2013   #10
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 37603 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Or if we're facing a 2-14 team followed by a 4-12 team we should expect to go deep in to overtime to beat either of them?
Old 02-10-2013   #11
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

A #2 WR, Cushing back, move Reed inside, find a bigger NT (A New QB "I wish") but all the realistic ones with no major losses to FA and i think we elapse last seasons record and make the AFCCG.

Dont know why everyone is so negative, only real weakness on our team is the QB, i saw the right side of the line improving as the season went on. We have a beast RB and an elite WR who although is aging is still a force to be reckoned with.

If our game managing no audibling, folds under pressure, curls up like a ball if he hears a foot step QB dont not ******* up we will be just fine
Old 02-10-2013   #12
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Dont know why everyone is so negative

Oh man... Now my side hurts and I can't even breathe after laughing so hard. A quote like that from you? Priceless.
Old 02-10-2013   #13
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
A #2 WR, Cushing back, move Reed inside, find a bigger NT (A New QB "I wish") but all the realistic ones with no major losses to FA and i think we elapse last seasons record and make the AFCCG.

Dont know why everyone is so negative, only real weakness on our team is the QB, i saw the right side of the line improving as the season went on. We have a beast RB and an elite WR who although is aging is still a force to be reckoned with.

If our game managing no audibling, folds under pressure, curls up like a ball if he hears a foot step QB dont not ******* up we will be just fine
Folks still buy the fact that Schaub doesn't audible.
Old 02-10-2013   #14
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_Oki View Post

Oh man... Now my side hurts and I can't even breathe after laughing so hard. A quote like that from you? Priceless.
hmmm i consider my self one of the more blinded by homerism posters on this board
Old 02-11-2013   #15
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Remember in 2004 when we went 7-9, which at the time was a ground-breaking season for a fledgling franchise and we had hopes of .500 or better the next year?

I fear a big setback is on the horizon. Certainly not 2-14 as was experienced in 2005, but an unacceptable setback (per fans after the fact).

Please Texans, give me something. This offseason reminds me of other Houston teams too happy with the pards that came close but didn't quite do it. The solution was to keep these good, milk-drinking, talented guys together because they "can do it."

Meanwhile in other parts of Gotham ...............
Why do you feel this way? The only notable free agent that could possibly leave Houston is Connor Barwin, and he only had three sacks last year. Houston will have a healthy Brian Cushing, a more experienced O-line (Jones and Brooks) and a boatload of rookies coming in (I believe the Texans have 11 draft picks). Outside of injuries, I don't see many reasons for the Texans to regress next year.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013   #16
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Colts are one of the 4 teams with an easier schedule.

So, we both play the West, NFC & AFC........ We both play the Jags & the Titans twice.

We play the Patriots & the Ravens, they play the Dolphins & the Bengals....

The Broncos have an even easier schedule; It's going to be interesting.

I know a lot of people don't put a lot of stock in this, but I guarantee Cincy is going to have a hard time getting back to the play offs, So will the Ravens & the Packers. Not saying they won't, but they won't win 12 games.
BAL will be a sub 500 team next year
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013   #17
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
BAL will be a sub 500 team next year
Really? what leads you to that conclusion?
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Really? what leads you to that conclusion?
hmmm... what is this thread about? Are you capable of putting 2 & 2 together?
Old 02-11-2013   #19
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
hmmm... what is this thread about? Are you capable of putting 2 & 2 together?
We are in a different thread now- I asked him, not you, what leads him to the conclusion that Baltimore will be sub .500?

If you wat a fight, its not here. I like to discuss.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

In 2010 I said the Texans were not going to do as well as 2009 due to SOS. The majority of this MB said SOS doesn't matter.

So does SOS matter now?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read