Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2005   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Perspective

I can honeslty say that today was the first time I enjoyed myself watching a Texans game more than reading this message board.

We lost, but at least you felt you were watching a NFL game. The second half blew, but it did not matter to me as there was a football game that had two teams playing with a sense of urgency.
Old 11-27-2005   #2
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I can honeslty say that today was the first time I enjoyed myself watching a Texans game more than reading this message board.

We lost, but at least you felt you were watching a NFL game. The second half blew, but it did not matter to me as there was a football game that had two teams playing with a sense of urgency.
This is the first game this year I've come home hoarse. Even though I know there are naysayers out there - Carr did play a good game. His best this season for sure. The offensive line did better than they have in a long time. Our defense just fell apart or thought they had the game won or should have sent Marcus Coleman back to the dressing room. The defense had 7 sacks - but still didn't manage to stop the third string, rookie, Harvard QB - that is rather embarrassing, I must say. But all in all it was a good game to watch and ever so much better than watching the Texans lose by 40 points.

I can't believe I sound like Little Mary Sunshine here - perhaps I'm still in shock. This game should do a lot for the confidence of the offense. I, for one, am just happy to see the Texans stay in a game even if we did give up 10 points in the last 34 seconds. Maybe it is like the price of gas - $2.00 just feels better than $3.00 even though the price should be $1.00.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I felt the same way. Looking around the people sitting near me there was a collective sigh of relief that we were watching a NFL game in Houston for the first time this year.
Old 11-27-2005   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Perspective is NOT allowed.

Quote:

Excuse me.

Your post is too rational for this message board.

You need to add some venom, conjecture, generalizations, silly stuff, the grand poobah Jimmy Johnson who is gonna unretire, DC smack, etc.

To me, it was surprising that we were threatening to win this game given the state of the Texans secondary.

As disappointing as this loss is to the fans, I betcha the coaches and players feel a million times worse. We might be firing a lot of folks at the end of the season, but most of these players are coming back. I feel bad for them.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree, man. It's not necessarily the 1-10 record as much as how we got those ten losses. Today we saw something that we expected to see from the first game - a TEAM.

It's a heartbreaking loss, and one that stunned me in it's meltdown. But I'm still proud of our boys and think many of them have a bright futures ahead of them...under a different coaching staff.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read