Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-06-2013   #41
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HOU 2013 Opponents Determined

I feel like our season opener will be against Indy on the road.

We have had our season opener at home for the past 4 years, and I just feel like we will be on the road this season. Also, Colts will have high expectations, and many will pick them as an upset to us.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #42
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post

We have had our season opener at home for the past 4 years, and I just feel like we will be on the road this season. Also, Colts will have high expectations, and many will pick them as an upset to us.
How bout HOU @ IND on MNF in the first game of the MNF doubleheader? I'm down with that...
Old 02-06-2013   #43
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Nothing would make me happier. The Texans have won their last three openers by a combined fifty-seven points (two of which were against Indy). Maybe that's just the thing to get them a win @Indy for the first time ever...
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #44
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
AFC SOUTH

1. Houston Texans

Home: Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, New England Patriots, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks

Away: Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Baltimore Ravens, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers

Complete team by team link
http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...nts-determined
The toughest opponent the Texans will face next year is bolded above............
Old 02-07-2013   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

If you believe in the conspiracy theories, this makes sense. We've never won in Indy & this will give Andrew Luck a leg up in the division.

I don't believe in the conspiracy theories & I don't put much stock in the fact that we haven't won in Indy.

But I would bet this is most likely our opening game.
Old 02-07-2013   #46
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

I see the NFL doing what it's done the past couple of years and having us and Indy play each other twice late in the year. It's pretty obvious that they will be contenders for the division and the NFL wants meaningful division games late in the year.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
I see the NFL doing what it's done the past couple of years and having us and Indy play each other twice late in the year. It's pretty obvious that they will be contenders for the division and the NFL wants meaningful division games late in the year.
I do like that better. I'd just as soon all the division games be played in November & December. I don't know how feasible that is.... but the November/December team is more true to that team than the September/October teams when they're trying to figure out what's what.

But I hope we don't get another 3 game shortened road trip culminating in a primetime game.
Old 02-07-2013   #48
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
2010 & 2011 the openers were against Indianapolis so those definitely weren't "late in the season". I despise playing a team twice in three weeks like Houston/Indy did last year. One early matchup and one late matchup would be preferred for me.
Old 02-07-2013   #49
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody who is definitively claiming that this schedule is easy or hard is literally talking out of their ass, since FA and the draft has not even happened yet.
Old 02-07-2013   #50
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, well, I'll pull this one outta my @$$:

That schedule looks to me like a good way to go 9-7....and then win the SB.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013   #51
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Anybody who is definitively claiming that this schedule is easy or hard is literally talking out of their ass, since FA and the draft has not even happened yet.
Or preseason. One bad injury to a key player can ruin some teams effectiveness. Hell, look at what happened to us when Cushing left.

And even once the season starts you still don't know what's up with some teams until at least half way through the season.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013   #52
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

at least 2 of thoes elite teams Denver ravens Pats 49ers are not going to be has good has we think

and like 2 of the lower teir teams will be very hard games thats how it always seems to go

I think we have to be the #1 front runner for the Number 1 seed thats how i see the season going
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013   #53
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm not going to claim definitively but there are games that look to be tough on the schedule next year. The only way we can judge it right now is how those teams played this past year or if we think certain teams have the potential to be better. The Rams, for example, could be a tough game next year. The Seahawks & 49ers are both good teams. The Ravens, Patriots and Broncos are likely going to win their respective divisions next year and all three should be tough match-ups.

This is the type of schedule a first place team gets and I'm definitely not complaining.
Old 02-07-2013   #54
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this division is going to be tough next year and I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't win it and ended up a wild card team. I think the colts will get better and I think both the jags and titans will be solid teams. I think the titans will be better than the jags though. I think next year the colts win the division. I think we'll fight with the titans for second place and ultimately edge them out.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013   #55
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If you believe in the conspiracy theories, this makes sense. We've never won in Indy & this will give Andrew Luck a leg up in the division.

I don't believe in the conspiracy theories & I don't put much stock in the fact that we haven't won in Indy.

But I would bet this is most likely our opening game.
When I say upset, I mean upset the division. It will not surprise me at all if a couple of writers pick the Colts to win the division. It will be the same feeling as when they got us at home in 2010.

What really makes me believe we will be playing them is the fact that we haven't started the season on the road since 08. If we do get the Colts away to start, I'll be the prediction champ for like a day! lol

As for losing to them in the opener, I'd be okay with that. Sure, it sucks to start 0-1, but if we can't beat them, I'd rather get that loss out of the way, as opposed to having it be the last game.

Although, I think we will shock people and get our first win in Indy, if it is the first game.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013   #56
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I'm not going to claim definitively but there are games that look to be tough on the schedule next year. The only way we can judge it right now is how those teams played this past year or if we think certain teams have the potential to be better. The Rams, for example, could be a tough game next year. The Seahawks & 49ers are both good teams. The Ravens, Patriots and Broncos are likely going to win their respective divisions next year and all three should be tough match-ups.

This is the type of schedule a first place team gets and I'm definitely not complaining.
The Seahawks and 49ers were good teams in 2012, that does not mean they will be a good team in 2013. I don't know what the Rams did to impress so many on this board in 2012, but they were garbage when not playing the NFC West last year.

AFCS tough next year? Why exactly? Because Tennessee kept that crap staff? Because the Jags did . . . ? Because the Colts O-line is now not a train wreck? Nothing has really changed yet in this infantile offseason, wait until after the draft and then get back to me about how tough this schedule is. LOL worrying about an 8-8 Steelers team that's about to lose Mike Wallace.
Old 02-07-2013   #57
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The Seahawks and 49ers were good teams in 2012, that does not mean they will be a good team in 2013. I don't know what the Rams did to impress so many on this board in 2012, but they were garbage when not playing the NFC West last year.

AFCS tough next year? Why exactly? Because Tennessee kept that crap staff? Because the Jags did . . . ? Because the Colts O-line is now not a train wreck? Nothing has really changed yet in this infantile offseason, wait until after the draft and then get back to me about how tough this schedule is. LOL worrying about an 8-8 Steelers team that's about to lose Mike Wallace.
We can only go off our expectation of teams right now. I fully expect the Broncos, Patriots, Ravens, Seahawks and 49ers to be in playoff contention next year. Does that guarantee it? No. Can the Super Bowl teams from this year fail expectations next year? Certainly. However, all five games I mentioned look to be tough match-ups right now.

The only reason I mentioned the Rams is I've seen a couple people mention them as a team could surprise people next year.
Old 02-07-2013   #58
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
We can only go off our expectation of teams right now. I fully expect the Broncos, Patriots, Ravens, Seahawks and 49ers to be in playoff contention next year. Does that guarantee it? No. Can the Super Bowl teams from this year fail expectations next year? Certainly. However, all five games I mentioned look to be tough match-ups right now.

The only reason I mentioned the Rams is I've seen a couple people mention them as a team could surprise people next year.
That whole post wasn't solely directed at you, you just provided a decent jumping off point. The Patriots are probably the only sure fire tough game we have in the AFC at this point. Ravens weren't exactly tough when we played them, and the rest of the NFC North is experiencing a case of the meh's. Beat the invincible Broncos when we played them as well, and I'm not sure what the Chiefs did to earn the title of having a good core to their team. Raiders, and San Diego are who cares type teams and until they make some significant moves I'll probably still feel this way in August.

All in all the schedule as it is doesn't give me the willies like some people here, but there's a lot of actions to be executed before the kickoff in the fall of 2013.
Old 02-07-2013   #59
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That whole post wasn't solely directed at you, you just provided a decent jumping off point. The Patriots are probably the only sure fire tough game we have in the AFC at this point. Ravens weren't exactly tough when we played them, and the rest of the NFC North is experiencing a case of the meh's. Beat the invincible Broncos when we played them as well, and I'm not sure what the Chiefs did to earn the title of having a good core to their team. Raiders, and San Diego are who cares type teams and until they make some significant moves I'll probably still feel this way in August.

All in all the schedule as it is doesn't give me the willies like some people here, but there's a lot of actions to be executed before the kickoff in the fall of 2013.
I didn't think it was solely directed at me which is why I didn't comment about the AFCS being tough next year, since I wasn't the one who made the comment. Or Pittsburgh worrying me, since they aren't even on the schedule next year.

The Texans will be playing the NFC West next year. I'm not worried about the schedule but looking at it there are at least five teams that will be tough match-ups. That's about the same amount I thought were tough looking at last years schedule around this time. Some of those match-ups turned out to be landslides in the Texans favor (Baltimore, Denver), other were landslides in the opposing teams favor (Patriots, Packers). Simply the 50/50 games I expect Houston to win a few and lose a few. Just like they did last year.
Old 02-07-2013   #60
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

I don't think it's much different than our 2012 schedule. We're still playing the top teams in the AFC & the NFC West looks similar to the NFC North..... Greenbay, Chicago, Detroit.... 49ers, Seattle, & the West doesn't look much different than the East..... Miami, NYJets, Buffalo...... San Diego, Oakland, KC...

We don't know what they'll do in FA, we don't know how they'll do in the draft, & we don't know what kind of cancer any of us are going to come down with before the season starts. But we know New England isn't the kind of organization to screw it up. We know Elway & his bunch are off to a pretty good start. We know the new look Raiders are pretty much like the old look Raiders...

Our opinions are going to change a half a dozen times between now & the beginning of the season, then twice again before October..... that's what makes the offseason.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read