Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-23-2013   #21
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-80 View Post
He's not an old guy, but what are the chances that we land Wes Welker? I know he doesn't really fit into our system but just throwing out there.
I think he does fit nicely into our system. But at the age of 31, I think he's going to try to get one more big pay day.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #22
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We need a Champion Vet here in HOU

Quote:
He's not an old guy, but what are the chances that we land Wes Welker? I know he doesn't really fit into our system but just throwing out there.
He'll command too much for Houston to even consider.
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #23
HoustonRaven
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 HoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respected

The last thing you guys need is a champion (i.e. pricey) vet.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the cap is going to be a concern and some players are on the chopping block. I know I'd love to see Conor Barwin in purple.

Focus on the draft and I see you guys like NE, Ravens, Pitt, etc who build strong teams with lots of depth via the draft.
HoustonRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #24
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but the cap is going to be a concern and some players are on the chopping block. I know I'd love to see Conor Barwin in purple..
PLEASE!! Don't put any ideas in the head of that POS GM that we have! He's done enough damage! I'm beginning to think he has an interest of some sort in the Ravens as it is!! I fully believe that if it wasn't for him, it would be the Texans making a trip to NOLA, not the Ravens! JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The last thing you guys need is a champion (i.e. pricey) vet.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the cap is going to be a concern and some players are on the chopping block. I know I'd love to see Conor Barwin in purple.

Focus on the draft and I see you guys like NE, Ravens, Pitt, etc who build strong teams with lots of depth via the draft.
You are hereby corrected. lol Go to the MFL mock forum and at top read Dutchrudder's views on our free agent players and cap. Very interesting.
Old 01-23-2013   #26
HoustonRaven
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 HoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
You are hereby corrected. lol Go to the MFL mock forum and at top read Dutchrudder's views on our free agent players and cap. Very interesting.
Yeah, stand corrected then. Just noticed it's about $12 Million. Good stuff for y'all.

Still, I'd focus on retention rather than what the OP suggested.
HoustonRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would love to land Welker........ Anna Welker, that is. Not unlike bringing Jeff Garcia here to bring Carmella DeCesare here....

I know, I know...

Bill!
Old 01-24-2013   #28
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Put down the bong if you believe any of those guys is signing for vet minimum.
I refuse!

But yeah, your exactly right.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #29
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Canty just got released.

Would love to have him. Obviously, he won't be cheap though.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ew-york-giants
Old 02-06-2013   #30
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Well. Jacoby Jones just became a champion vet.

Couldn't hurt...
Old 02-07-2013   #31
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know I'd love to see Conor Barwin in purple.
If you see him out and about town, I'm sure you will... #hipster
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013   #32
rolyat93
Veteran

Richard Seymour cut as well. I'd eat my left shoe if we could sign him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read