Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-05-2013   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: What I am looking at, feedback appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
BTW...it's Cierre Wood, not Woods.
He'll fit right in with Walters & Daniel
Old 02-05-2013   #42
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
BTW...it's Cierre Wood, not Woods.
I got the name right but BB "corrected" me and I'm too lazy to look it up again.
Hell there are too many names to remember; it's not all that important anyway.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #43
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
What about Chase Thomas or Gerald Hodges as an ILB? I think either could move inside. Having someone at ILB that could move outside in certain situations could only be a plus. Hell draft one of them and let him and Reed fight it out for the ILB and keep the other one outside.
Maybe Thomas but I see both more OLB. For that spot I'd prefer a true ILB who would have enough concern translating to NFl than OLB learning new role.
Old 02-06-2013   #44
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I got the name right but BB "corrected" me and I'm too lazy to look it up again.
Hell there are too many names to remember; it's not all that important anyway.
If I corrected you it was not in this thread as I added 's' in 2-3 posts myself. I don't get caught up in spelling as I can usually figure out if poster writes Walters or Daniel who he is refering to.
Old 02-06-2013   #45
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Maybe Thomas but I see both more OLB. For that spot I'd prefer a true ILB who would have enough concern translating to NFl than OLB learning new role.
With Reed moving to ILB wouldn't OLB depth be more of an issue?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #46
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
With Reed moving to ILB wouldn't OLB depth be more of an issue?
This is a rumor. Gonna hold off a bit. Besides if true Barwin and Mercilus are starters and OLB in 4th.
Old 02-25-2013   #47
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

Te'o ran a 4.82 at the combine. There's a good chance he will drop to us. I think we should bring him in for a workout.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #48
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
Te'o ran a 4.82 at the combine. There's a good chance he will drop to us. I think we should bring him in for a workout.
Yikes, I think that he will certainly drop a couple of rounds, not a couple of spots in the first.
Old 02-25-2013   #49
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Yikes, I think that he will certainly drop a couple of rounds, not a couple of spots in the first.
Based on what?
Old 02-25-2013   #50
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Based on what?
Terrible combine and an absolutely awful performance against the closest thing CFB had to an NFL caliber O-line.
Old 02-25-2013   #51
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Terrible combine and an absolutely awful performance against the closest thing CFB had to an NFL caliber O-line.
What he said, do we really want a LB who is a liability in the pass game?
Old 02-25-2013   #52
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
The only negative I heard from combine is his 40 at 4.82. If that drops him so it drops Minter at 4.81. "Did what scouts expected".

Video on Teo:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combin...-Combine-Day-3
Old 02-25-2013   #53
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
What he said, do we really want a LB who is a liability in the pass game?
7 INTs?
Old 02-25-2013   #54
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
The only negative I heard from combine is his 40 at 4.82. If that drops him so it drops Minter at 4.81. "Did what scouts expected".

Video on Teo:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combin...-Combine-Day-3
I don't really understand what this has to do with Minter, but I don't really like any of this ILB class at #27 for the Texans.
Old 02-25-2013   #55
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
I don't really understand what this has to do with Minter, but I don't really like any of this ILB class at #27 for the Texans.
You said T'eo had a terrible combine. I responded that the only "terrible" or negative was his 40 time and it was almost exactly the same as Minter another highly rated ILB. I am going with an ILB lower rounds due to needs versus available players
Old 02-25-2013   #56
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58359 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Teo was over rated before the championship game. Now he is under rated. One game does not define a player. He is a late first round talent period.

His forty time might scare me for our team simply because Wade will put ILB's in man coverage against TE's often. Same goes for Minter. Still both have first round talent.

I'm still going DT first if any of my top five are still available. Looking for a 3 down ILB with speed to cover the faster TE's later. Kiko? We need depth at safety, OLB and a nickel back on defense.

I want another T, WR and even another TE on offense. I'm going BPA that fills a need. If Dysert is available in the third round I'm taking him.
Old 02-25-2013   #57
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
You said T'eo had a terrible combine. I responded that the only "terrible" or negative was his 40 time and it was almost exactly the same as Minter another highly rated ILB. I am going with an ILB lower rounds due to needs versus available players
I really don't think you'll see Minter in the 1st round either fwiw. Both didn't really do enough to show they could cover nfl te's this combine.
Old 02-25-2013   #58
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58359 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I really don't think you'll see Minter in the 1st round either fwiw. Both didn't really do enough to show they could cover nfl te's this combine.
Besides having slower than expected 40s what else did they do or not do to give you that opinion?
Old 02-25-2013   #59
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144827 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Teo was over rated before the championship game. Now he is under rated
I agree with this statement .... but not him being a late first rounder , I think he's a late second to mid third as ILB's just dont have the value of skill positions or those that get after or protect the QB unless they have an elite skill to bring to the table - He really doesnt have a skill that sets him apart.

I wouldnt take Teo until the 3rd .... I'd rather have one of the DT/NT's and a WR with those first two picks (in no particular order) .... of which there are many to pick from in the first couple rounds and then take a look at Nico Johnson or AJ Klien in rounds 3 and 4 respectively or maybe even Oklahoma's Tom Wort later in the draft.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #60
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I agree with this statement .... but not him being a late first rounder , I think he's a late second to mid third as ILB's just dont have the value of skill positions or those that get after or protect the QB unless they have an elite skill to bring to the table - He really doesnt have a skill that sets him apart.

I wouldnt take Teo until the 3rd .... I'd rather have one of the DT/NT's and a WR with those first two picks (in no particular order) .... of which there are many to pick from in the first couple rounds and then take a look at Nico Johnson or AJ Klien in rounds 3 and 4 respectively or maybe even Oklahoma's Tom Wort later in the draft.
what are the odds Texans trade out of first to top 8 in second?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read