Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-06-2013   #101
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15351 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stupor Bowl Ring Not withstanding Joe Flacco STILL aint that great

Hahaha, this guy here...

12 TDs and 0 INT in the post season. That's great football play no matter who you root for. Flacco shined bright in the post season. It obviously upsets you.

Schaub will "Schaub" next season as usual. Bet on it.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #102
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120415 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Hahaha, this guy here...

12 TDs and 0 INT in the post season. That's great football play no matter who you root for. Flacco shined bright in the post season. It obviously upsets you.

Rookie...have a seat. Grown ups are talking. I'm messin' with Handswarmer...but he has my respect and has earned his right to bad mouth me in here. You haven't. Have a seat, you might learn something.

Signed,
"This Guy"
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #103
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Hahaha, this guy here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Rookie...have a seat. Grown ups are talking. I'm messin' with Handswarmer...but he has my respect and has earned his right to bad mouth me in here. You haven't. Have a seat, you might learn something.

Signed,
"This Guy"

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #104
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120415 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Sorry Reverend. I forgot.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 02-06-2013   #105
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Okay. 3itching ME out personally is one thing. I've no issue you calling me out given the nature of this thread and I have a thick skin & accept the full brunt of your ire, but the board where you're trashing OTHER Texans fans is still called "Texans Talk". Do yourself a huge favor and limit your attacks TO me on this one. Within the ranks of this board some die hard Texans fans are agreeing with you on some of your stuff. Don't say anything that might lose you some friends.

YOUR OPINION. Simply repeating it over and over won't make it true.

Brady has three rings in five trips.
The Manning brothers have three between them
Montana has FOUR
Ben has 2 out of three.

Joe Flacco is not the superior much less the EQUAL of any of the QBs YOU just mentioned. You might as well say that Larry Brown is as great a DB as Deion Sanders because he got three interceptions in the ONE Superbowl in which he played and got MVP.

What color is the sky in your world?

Son, If you think you're going to offend me by dissin' Matt Schaub...you ARE on drugs. There is a long line of Texans fans on this board who do the same thing DAILY. Get in line to diss Schaub and wait your turn. I've been badmouthin' Dog Boy's back up since he came here from Atlanta. Maybe your carrion should make him a back up to the "greatest QB in NFL History" aka Joe Flacco so you can sing his praises if he ever lucks up and happens to catch mad breaks from an officiating crew that does acid before a game.

"Wins?"...No bruh...WON. Relish this. It aint happening again.
Obviously there is an issue since you feel I "Called you out"....not really. The crack remark was humor. And saying that other Texans fans are whining is not trashing them;especially in the part ofthe Message Board entitled "The National Football League" where YOU started th thread!!!!...... trashing them is denigrating their fandom, questioning thier loyalty, etc. etc...so relax buddy....I did none of that.

Alot of national media types agree with my opinion- Im cool with that

My sky right now in Ravens Country is Purple with a Silver Lombardi lining.....

Son? My dad died 14 years ago- no need to make it personal. I detect that you are black since you used the term "blagg azzz" or seomthing like that...you would be offended if I used the term son, so please do not use it on me.

Other than that, you seem to blow right over the documented achievements of Flacco and ignore what some of your own fellow Texans fans are saying to you about Flacco. Just as you ignore those that blow smoke up Schaub's rear end...
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #106
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Had he gone anywhere else I wouldn't have had a problem. The team whom he helped to knock us out of the playoffs however looks beyond suspicious to me. I've nothing but love and respect to Leach and Pollard in their new home but sorry...J.J. can kiss my muff-huggin' rectum.
The Ravens targeted JJ- they saw the potential. They knew Harbaugh and Rossberg could coach him up.
Old 02-06-2013   #107
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Obviously there is an issue since you feel I "Called you out"....not really. The crack remark was humor. And saying that other Texans fans are whining is not trashing them;especially in the part ofthe Message Board entitled "The National Football League" where YOU started th thread!!!!...... trashing them is denigrating their fandom, questioning thier loyalty, etc. etc...so relax buddy....I did none of that.

Alot of national media types agree with my opinion- Im cool with that
The same national media that regards Texan wins NOT as wins, but as "meltdowns" by other teams from which we happened to benefit? Yeah the national media doesn't get alot of love on this MB. Dude.
I respect that you're loyal to your team and are steadfast in your opinion, but this entire thread is based on MY Opinion and I stand by MY Opinion. For what it's worth I'm a Texans fan AND a Steeler fan. While I can BEGRUDGINGLY give Ray Ray & Reed their due and tip my hat to Bolden, Rice, Leach and Pollard...Flacco and J.J. gets NO love. Sorry brother. It's not gonna happen. But hell, if we all thought the same way the world would be a seriously boring place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warm hand luke
My sky right now in Ravens Country is Purple with a Silver Lombardi lining.....
Given that your team got the greatest title in sports less than three days ago more than understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer
Son? My dad died 14 years ago- no need to make it personal. I detect that you are black since you used the term "blagg azzz" or seomthing like that...you would be offended if I used the term son, so please do not use it on me.
Let me state for the record that I'm far from malicious and WOULD NOT attack someone's family. I find that reprehensible. I used the term "Son" as I assumed I'm older than you. I've no issue with my elders (regardless of their race) calling me "son", but that's just me. I can assure you I meant no disrespect and the members of this board can vouch for me in that regard...well except for Bill. But I find it funny that you "detect" that I'm black from context clues rather than the photo of the masked figure with the dreadlocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer
Other than that, you seem to blow right over the documented achievements of Flacco and ignore what some of your own fellow Texans fans are saying to you about Flacco. Just as you ignore those that blow smoke up Schaub's rear end...
Let me state unequivocally that Flacco impresses me slightly more than Schaub does, but that being said, I've had bowel movements that have impressed me considerably more than EITHER of those two cats and wager that the only way EITHER of them will EVER get to the Hall of Fame is if they're driving around Ohio and get hopelessly LOST.

Do I IGNORE my friends in here who say GOOD things about Schaub? Hardly, but they KNOW me and know how I feel. I ignore the threads that sing Schaub's praises because these guys KNOW I think he should return to being a back up.

Last edited by Dread-Head; 02-06-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-06-2013   #108
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
The same national media that regards Texan wins NOT as wins, but as "meltdowns" by other teams from which we happened to benefit? Yeah the national media doesn't get alot of love on this MB. Dude.
I respect that you're loyal to your team and are steadfast in your opinion, but this entire thread is based on MY Opinion and I stand by MY Opinion. If we all thought the same way the world would be a seriously boring place.

Given that your team got the greatest title in sports less than three days ago more than understandable.

Let me state for the record that I'm far from malicious and WOULD NOT attack someone's family. I find that reprehensible. I used the term "Son" as I assumed I'm older than you. I've no issue with my elders (regardless of their race) calling me "son", but that's just me. I can assure you I meant no disrespect and the members of this board can vouch for me in that regard...well except for Bill. But I find it funny that you "detect" that I'm black from context clues rather than the photo of the masked figure with the dreadlocks.

Let me state unequivocally that Flacco impresses me slightly more than Schaub does, but that being said, I've had bowel movements that have impressed me considerably more than EITHER of those two cats and wager that the only way EITHER of them will EVER get to the Hall of Fame is if they're driving around Ohio and get hopelessly LOST.

Do I IGNORE my friends in here who say GOOD things about Schaub? Hardly, but they KNOW me and know how I feel. I ignore the threads that sing Schaub's praises because these guys KNOW I think he should return to being a back up.
YOUR opinion about Flacco is just that- yours. But it seems as if throughout this thread you have tried to dismiss his achievements. One cannot ignore the last 7 games of this season. I feel as if you are. His last 5 playoff games hve been pretty outstanding. He has beaten Brady twice this year, Manning bros 1 each and now the geat Colin Kaepernick (snicker)

I am glad you "got" my descriptive phrase...few did earlier....

I'm cool- I know you meant no harm. I just like a level playing field, so much better, dn't you think?

Flacco keeps up the last 7-8 weeks for the next 10 years, he can make the HoF easily.
Old 02-06-2013   #109
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
YOUR opinion about Flacco is just that- yours. But it seems as if throughout this thread you have tried to dismiss his achievements. One cannot ignore the last 7 games of this season. I feel as if you are. His last 5 playoff games hve been pretty outstanding. He has beaten Brady twice this year, Manning bros 1 each and now the geat Colin Kaepernick (snicker)

I'm cool- I know you meant no harm. I just like a level playing field, so much better, dn't you think?

Flacco keeps up the last 7-8 weeks for the next 10 years, he can make the HoF easily.
Yup, and if a frog had wings...

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #110
handswarmer
All Pro

A outside of Green Bay, NYC, San Fran, Philly, Boston and Dallas, every fan base feels as if the national media does 'fly by' reporting....

KC Chiefs fans feel even more isolated than you guys....
Old 02-06-2013   #111
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I was looking at his entire career...not this single season. For what's worth I was damned near excommunicated from the Steeler Nation for OPENLY cheering for your team to stop Thomasina in the Championship game.
I'm looking forward to seeing the Texans hoist the Lombardi in hopefully the near future, and as much as I hate the Ravens I'd rather see THEM win the damn title than to see EITHER Thomasina OR the Cowboys EVER win another one.
Old 02-06-2013   #112
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
A outside of Green Bay, NYC, San Fran, Philly, Boston and Dallas, every fan base feels as if the national media does 'fly by' reporting....

KC Chiefs fans feel even more isolated than you guys....

Dallas? Are you KIDDING me? They get more press than ANYBODY shy of Brady and Belecheat. They're called "America's Team" and "Fabled Franchise" even when they have a losing season. I HATE those muff-huggas! My three favorite teams:

1. Texans

2. Steelers

3. WHOEVER is playing the Cowboys THIS WEEK! I hven't missed a cowboy game in 20 years!
Old 02-06-2013   #113
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 266080 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default $20 million per...

Ravens need to step up and pay Joe his $20 million per -- anything less would be a slap in the face after he brought them the SB trophy & MVP.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #114
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Dallas? Are you KIDDING me? They get more press than ANYBODY shy of Brady and Belecheat. They're called "America's Team" and "Fabled Franchise" even when they have a losing season. I HATE those muff-huggas! My three favorite teams:

1. Texans

2. Steelers

3. WHOEVER is playing the Cowboys THIS WEEK! I hven't missed a cowboy game in 20 years!
What part of "Outside of" didn't you understand? Those franchises I listed get ALL the press drippings and nut nuzzleing....
Old 02-06-2013   #115
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
I was looking at his entire career...not this single season. For what's worth I was damned near excommunicated from the Steeler Nation for OPENLY cheering for your team to stop Thomasina in the Championship game.
I'm looking forward to seeing the Texans hoist the Lombardi in hopefully the near future, and as much as I hate the Ravens I'd rather see THEM win the damn title than to see EITHER Thomasina OR the Cowboys EVER win another one.
Thts where we are different- I do not hate.

I dislike Steelers fans general but I have a few friends who root Black and Yellow.

I have total respect for the Steelers team and organization. But Jim Nance just loves to wrap his tongue around Ben's, Whines Hard and Polamalu's nutzzz....
Old 02-06-2013   #116
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
I am looking at the last few years- not his rookie year.
Old 02-06-2013   #117
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thts where we are different- I do not hate.

I dislike Steelers fans general but I have a few friends who root Black and Yellow.

I have total respect for the Steelers team and organization. But Jim Nance just loves to wrap his tongue around Ben's, Whines Hard and Polamalu's nutzzz....
His love of those three pales in comparison to his love of nature at Augusta in April.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #118
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
look you can argue...but I would counter argue that say Lee Evans holds onto that pass. They win it all last year vs the Giants. He never gets franchised and gets his big deal after the SB last year...then he repeats his year. He is suddenly in the pantheon conversation reserved for only truly great QBs..as one hat repeated as champ, which is very rare in the NFL.

The what ifs are everywhere.
You're missing the point.

Flacco had played great in last year's play-offs, played great in the AFC Championship game but lost. Since he lost, nobody put much credence in how he played. Between September & January of the year after he had a great play off run, he was still considered in Schaub's tier.... not just by us.

The goof up last year wasn't even his goof up, it was Lee Evans... it was probably a bad call. Winning & losing clouds our judgement way too much, that's all I'm saying.

This year, instead of Lee Evans he had Jacoby Jones catching that ball in Denver & taking it for a touchdown that kept them alive. It was Jacoby Jones that came back caught that underthrown ball & then had the snap to get up & run. It was Jacoby Jones returning the opening kick of the second half for a TD & it was the defense that stopped the 49ers from winning the game....... but we remember how great Joe Flacco played.

So what are we going to say about Flacco next year? Between September & January when they go through what they go through & they need Flacco to carry them because the defense can't stop Brady? Or they lose 4 of their last 3? What if they don't make the play offs because they've got to play
Quote:
1. Baltimore Ravens Home: Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Houston Texans, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings

Away: Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Denver Broncos, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions
11 tough games & Miami is going to win some games to.... Baltimore is going to pay him $20M/yr. Do you think Flacco can carry his team?
Old 02-06-2013   #119
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
His love of those three pales in comparison to his love of nature at Augusta in April.
You are correct- nance doesn't mind getting elbowed out of the way by Peter King, Dan Patrick and Bob Costas so he can run around Augusta and suck on Tiger's nutz....
Old 02-06-2013   #120
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

The what ifs are everywhere.
Again, the point was that someone said Dread was stuck in 2009 thinking the Ravens Defense bailed out Joe Flacco in 2012.

I simply said the defense won the 2012 Super Bowl on the goal line at the end of the game, had it gone differently, no one is talking about Joe Flacco.

I used Joe's great play off run of 2011 as evidence. No one was talking about Joe Flacco from September through December except to say he was so bad they fired the OC.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read