Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-06-2013   #21
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaguars new logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Shouldn't it be wearing a red bandanna or something?
The Jacksonville aunt jamimas?
Old 02-06-2013   #22
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99071 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I think this one is Jimmy Sniff (he was one hell of a wr btw). I don't remember them wearing that ghastly uniform.
I just researched that uniform since I never saw that before. That is a Photoshop mockup some fan came up with. He did a pretty good job because it looks real.

http://www.metrojacksonville.com/art...-city#comments
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #23
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really see the point of this change. I can think of three reason's to change the logo: 1. To change the culture; 2. To update a really old logo; or 3. To change it to sell merchandise.

Since the change is so minor, I don't think it will satisfy any of the above. I mean it isn't a drastic change like the Falcons going to the dirty bird, so I don't think its going to change the culture. The logos are very similar and the colors are the same so I wouldn't by a jersey or cap just to get the new logo, so what's the point?
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #24
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NEW

OLD

They could have done a lot better. All they did was make it look more like someone's pet.
The old one has a little too much slingblade going.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #25
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post

Yes? No? Maybe?
It looks like someone just hit it in the head with a rolled up newspaper.
Old 02-06-2013   #26
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99071 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that I live in Florida and have been up there (Jax) a few times I really don't get the Jaguars name. It's starts with J and I assume that is what they were going for, however the other Florida teams went with Florida's themes like Bucs and Dolphins.

The Tampa Bay area was a haven for pirates during the 18th century. They still have a pirate festival there each year called Gasparilla. Dolphins is pretty obvious.

They should have went with Sharks or something.
Old 02-06-2013   #27
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Now that I live in Florida and have been up there (Jax) a few times I really don't get the Jaguars name. It's starts with J and I assume that is what they were going for, however the other Florida teams went with Florida's themes like Bucs and Dolphins.

The Tampa Bay area was a haven for pirates during the 18th century. They still have a pirate festival there each year called Gasparilla. Dolphins is pretty obvious.

They should have went with Sharks or something.
Or THEY could have been the Apollos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #28
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Jaguars new logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I don't know why, but the new logo just seems so CFL.
I don't see a connection

http://cfldb.ca/faq/teams/
Old 02-06-2013   #29
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
This was their original helmet but they were sued by the Jaguar Car co. so they had to change it.
Kind of reminds me of my favorite USFL hemet..Michigan Panthers. They should do this with a JAGUAR

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 02-06-2013   #30
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NEW

OLD

They could have done a lot better. All they did was make it look more like someone's pet.
At least the new one doesn't have jelly beans on its head anymore.
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #31
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 264272 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
A Jags blogger concept helmet.

You know, I think that doesn't look good at all BUT.... it makes me think, why does it have to be a Jaguar's head on the helmet? That claw sweeping with the lines behind it (motion? scratches?) makes me think that a helmet (dark teal possibly) with Jaguar claws on either side leaving scratch marks wouldn't look bad at all.
Old 02-06-2013   #32
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Had to drive from Ft Lauderdale over to Fort Myers a couple years ago and saw several references to Panthers in the area but nothing about Jaguars. They had "Panther Crossing" signs like we have Deer Crossing here n Texas.
Yeah, there is a LOT of wildlife here. My wife calls this place a safari. We had a black bear in our front yard last week and have bear crossing signs around here. I think there are wild cats in certain parts of Florida but not jaguars. Jaguars are in Africa and some parts of South America I believe.

Gators would be most appropriate but of course that was taken by UF. With the amount of Confederate flags I see in the Jax area they should have been the Rebels.

... or Jacksonville Freebirds.
Old 02-06-2013   #33
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Great. Now Frito Lay will sue them.

Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #34
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Great. Now Frito Lay will sue them.

LOL .. awesome.
Old 02-06-2013   #35
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Jaguars are in Africa and some parts of South America I believe.
Leopards are in Africa and Asia. Jaguars are in the Americas as far north as Texas although very rare here anymore.

I have always thought the logo was one of the things which made the Jags perfect if a team was going to relocate to LA. Jaguars are huge in central and south american culture so it fits in perfectly with the heavily influenced LA heritage and demographic.
Old 02-06-2013   #36
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #37
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Leopards are in Africa and Asia. Jaguars are in the Americas as far north as Texas although very rare here anymore.

I have always thought the logo was one of the things which made the Jags perfect if a team was going to relocate to LA. Jaguars are huge in central and south american culture so it fits in perfectly with the heavily influenced LA heritage and demographic.
I thought you were going to say that there are a lot of plastic women driving around LA in Jaguars.
Old 02-06-2013   #38
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's an improvement, but I'm not sure why I feel that way ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #39
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the new one better than the old one.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #40
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 32907 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Corrected new logo:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read