Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-05-2013   #61
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 23062 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stupor Bowl Ring Not withstanding Joe Flacco STILL aint that great

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
I never said anything about those guys but I do love me some Jacoby
Did you see that muff Jacoby made when attempting to return the punt? You guys were lucky the punter outkicked the return team. That could've been really bad for you guys if the gunners ran just a little bit faster.
Old 02-05-2013   #62
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 15120 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Internet yawn. Have fun.
Believe me I am all about the fun
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #63
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 6636 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

You can tell who actually watches games and just watches highlights on ESPN. The fact that David Carr even gets mentioned when bringing up Flacco is laughable.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #64
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99799 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
How is a guy a "Judas" when he is cut and goes and gets a job and does well?If anything be peeved at the coaching not getting the best out of the guy or maybe a change of scenery helped.
So it's not the Leeeeeeeeast bit suspicious that the team whom benefitted from his "juggling" act

via a trip to the AFC championship picked him up? I thought you picked up the free agents whose brilliant play HINDERED you not those whose sucky play HELPED you. I.E if Brady says "F Belecheat. I'm DONE with the Patriots" and becomes a free agent the Texans would be wise to offer him damn near ANYTHING.

Idiocy on the other hand would be picking up a free agent kicker who when he faced them shanked EVERY kick over 30 yards including one which could have delivered the game to his team.

Hey Judas Jones aka Jacoby Iscariot found a home and now has a stupor bowl ring. Had he the wisdom to NOT try to catch a football with a defender stading DIRECTLY in front on him,

maybe he would have gotten one last year...and Mr. Andre Johnson might have one too. That's all I'm sayin'.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #65
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99799 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Of course I would- all the yards they threw for ddn't get them crapola....Manning hasn't won in 5 years, Brady in 9 years nd Brees hasn't won in 3 years....

Joe has been unleashed since Cameron was let go....
Uh...Brady was in the Superbowl last year brough-ham...and this is the first time in a LONG time that your Carrion gave him a much needed a$$-whipping. If memory serves me he went last year after beating up on your carrion. You're getting a bit ahead of yourself man. Say what you want about Thomasina Brady, but she took her team to FIVE Superbowls and won THREE of them. Flacco's been to one. Your team's amazing defense is why they are consistently in the playoffs. You could replace Flacco with Chaim Abromowitz an asthmatic 14 year old from Temple Emanuel HS in Flushing, Queens, NY and do roughly the same thing. He's got no reason to be conceited...he aint that great. The man is an "adequate" QB on a team with a BRILLIANT defense.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #66
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 15120 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Uh...Brady was in the Superbowl last year brough-ham...and this is the first time in a LONG time that your Carrion gave him a much needed a$$-whipping. If memory serves me he went last year after beating up on your carrion. You're getting a bit ahead of yourself man. Say what you want about Thomasina Brady, but she took her team to FIVE Superbowls and won THREE of them. .
Uh Brough-ham; re-read what I wrote- "Brady hasn't won (A Super Bowl) in 9 years)"...Brady went to the SB because a crap WR couldn't hold on to a pass a stinkin' kicker shanked a 32 yd FG...

Quote:
Flacco's been to one. Your team's amazing defense is why they are consistently in the playoffs. You could replace Flacco with Chaim Abromowitz an asthmatic 14 year old from Temple Emanuel HS in Flushing, Queens, NY and do roughly the same thing. He's got no reason to be conceited...he aint that great. The man is an "adequate" QB on a team with a BRILLIANT defense.
This part is so full of stupid I cannot even begin to formulate a reply....
Old 02-05-2013   #67
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13262 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Geez, what an interesting thread. Some of you.. Just wow.

How do you top 11 or 12 TDs and zero INTs? Flacco just schooled every defense in the playoffs. He earned his pay check unlike Schaub.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #68
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Geez, what an interesting thread. Some of you.. Just wow.

How do you top 11 or 12 TDs and zero INTs? Flacco just schooled every defense in the playoffs. He earned his pay check unlike Schaub.
Agreed, some sour grapes going on around here. Flacco won, and drove his team to the win, cause the defense wasn't playing all that hot in the superbowl, that's for sure.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #69
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Still seems like that should have been a penalty. The returner has the opportunity to catch the ball until it hits the ground and the defender interfered with him.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #70
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Flacco just had a very Joe Montana-like playoff run, ending with becoming the SB MVP. I can, for now, question whether he's really that good or just had a great run at just the right time, but I can't say he hasn't played like a superstar when it counted. Sure like to see Schaub do that, even if we go in as a Wild-Card team, but it's hard to imagine him actually doing it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #71
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Flacco just had a very Joe Montana-like playoff run, ending with becoming the SB MVP. I can, for now, question whether he's really that good or just had a great run at just the right time, but I can't say he hasn't played like a superstar when it counted. Sure like to see Schaub do that, even if we go in as a Wild-Card team, but it's hard to imagine him actually doing it.
If Lee Evans didn't drop the winning pass in the end zone last year he is probably in his second consecutive SB to boot. It was a beautiful pass (watch the video).

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #72
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87098 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why not? I can get love from the 400,000 people present....they just shut the Stadium gates- 100,000 plus in there right now...only seats 70,000.....headed to the bar....gonna have a "Jacoby Special"- its a purple Grape Vodka and Tonic drink that leaves a Ring! Hee hee hee
Well try not to be as stupid as the drinks namesake a take taxi home instead getting a DUI like JaDopey did.

As far as flacco goes I thought he was a dud thru out hus careers but he stepped up BIgTime when it mattered most. He's gonna cash in big time. Good for him he earned it. I wouldn't put him in manning or Brady's class but he's champion just like they were.
Old 02-06-2013   #73
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
The elimination of Cam Cameron from calling theplays allowed th ball to be in Joe's hands at he nd of the seaon. Look at the playcalling and results since Caldwell took over the playcalling. I throw out the 1st Denver game because it was Caldwells 1st game and he only had 6 days to prepare. After that he and Joe were lights out.
Old 02-06-2013   #74
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Well try not to be as stupid as the drinks namesake a take taxi home instead getting a DUI like JaDopey did.

As far as flacco goes I thought he was a dud thru out hus careers but he stepped up BIgTime when it mattered most. He's gonna cash in big time. Good for him he earned it. I wouldn't put him in manning or Brady's class but he's champion just like they were.
Ididn't drive down; my buddy did. We stayed till about 7pm and let after the traffic died down. We ate dinner and watched the NFL Network all day long. Place was packed with Ravens fans all day long too....a couple of thepractice squad guys came in and acted all big-time...funny to watch people slobber all over them.

Joe had dud games for sure; just when you see him drive 98 yds vs the Steelers in Pittsburgh on SNF fr the win with :08 seconds left, he goes out and lays an egg vs Jacksonville on MNF the following week, losin to a bottom feeder. I honestly believe it was Cameron holdinghim back; his repoire with Caldwell is unreal....and I do not necessarily believe he is ther yet with anning and Brady because of ther body of work, but he did beat Brady the last three times and beat Manning in his house tis year.
Old 02-06-2013   #75
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

The worst part about Dread's argument, besides minimizing the accomplishment, is the idea that the D just bails him out.

Total Defense-Yards:

Season 17th
Playoffs--8th out of 12

Rushing Yards:

Season 20th
Playoffs 7th out of 12

Passing Yards:

Season 17th
Playoffs 9th of 12
Old 02-06-2013   #76
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
The worst part about Dread's argument, besides minimizing the accomplishment, is the idea that the D just bails him out

Had the D allowed SF to score there at the end, on the goal line, it wouldnt be any different than last year & we'd be talking about him as much as we are talking about Kaepernick.
Old 02-06-2013   #77
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42996 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Had the D allowed SF to score there at the end, on the goal line, it wouldnt be any different than last year & we'd be talking about him as much as we are talking about Kaepernick.
Had I picked different lotto numbers last Saturday my wife could quit her job search too.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Had I picked different lotto numbers last Saturday my wife could quit her job search too.
Doesn't change the fact that the defense bailed them out.
Old 02-06-2013   #79
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42996 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That defense gave up almost 500 yards and nearly lost a 22 point lead. The man had a lights out post season and earned that ring. Vinnys point about that Lee Evans drop, forget he act that Billy Cundiff blew a chip shot to send to OT...and we may be talking about a 2 time champ for all we know, rendering this thread completely moot.

I never give a raven his due unless its deserved. I hate the fkn team. In his case, he's earned it. Elite? Dunno. But way up there? Yes.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #80
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're kidding right? His argument was that the Ravens D is so dominant every year that being QB is easy. The stats I posted and games this year and in playoffs prove otherwise. Taking one series and saying "not true" is beyond ridiculous....especially after losing a 3 TD lead.

Quote:
That defense gave up almost 500 yards and nearly lost a 22 point lead. The man had a lights out post season and earned that ring. Vinnys point about that Lee Evans drop, forget he act that Billy Cundiff blew a chip shot to send to OT...and we may be talking about a 2 time champ for all we know, rendering this thread completely moot.

I never give a raven his due unless its deserved. I hate the fkn team. In his case, he's earned it. Elite? Dunno. But way up there? Yes.
Beat me to it

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read