Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-05-2013   #41
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stupor Bowl Ring Not withstanding Joe Flacco STILL aint that great

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
He has as many rings as Manning, P.

As many as Kurt Warner.

I pointed out that Flacco threw for 11 TDs and Zero Interceptions which tied the record for most TD's without an Interception in th playoffs. Montana happens to head the list.
Warner was MARGINALLY better than Flacco. But if you're comparing him to MANNING then I have to admit I've NEVER tried drugs, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to BEG for some of whatever it is you're smoking, shooting into your veins or otherwise sticking into your nose.

There are no Manning or Brady lovers on this MB, but to paraphrase a line from Malcolm in the Middle if Flacco considers himself the PEER of either of the men you've mentioned I would laugh in his face and say: "Yeah right...*[ability wise] you should be his pet!" Doug Williams had a better Superbowl than your boy Flacco. He aint gettin' into the hall of fame either. Your team won the big one two days ago. Congrats, but don't get it twisted. He's not worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as the NFL royalty you were rattling off. Enjoy your parade later this week it'll be a while before they have another one.

*Substituted for "intellectually"
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #42
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Warner was MARGINALLY better than Flacco. But if you're comparing him to MANNING then I have to admit I've NEVER tried drugs, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to BEG for some of whatever it is you're smoking, shooting into your veins or otherwise sticking into your nose.

There are no Manning or Brady lovers on this MB, but to paraphrase a line from Malcolm in the Middle if Flacco considers himself the PEER of either of the men you've mentioned I would laugh in his face and say "Yeah right...*[ability wise] you should be his pet!" Doug Williams had a better Superbowl than your boy Flacco. He aint gettin' into the hall of fame either. Your team won the big on two days ago. Congrats, but don't get it twisted. He's not worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as the NFL royalty you were rattling off. Enjoy your parade later this week it'll be a while before they have another one.

*Substituted for "intellectually"
Dude, I am at the parade right now- me and 350,000 of my closest friends....watch it live on te NFL Network....Jacoby Jones just went past.....while he danced....

Now instead of 'elite' you use the term 'royalty'...whats your criteria...
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #43
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
#1- Check out the coming salaries for QB's http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/...3/quarterback/ He beat #1- in his house.

#2- If you think that Ray's ret will be a detriment to the defense, then you haven't been watching. I expect it to be te same maybe even better. His knowledge couldn't ****er the loss of speed on the field- watch the playoffs over again, especially in the SB- the 9er's tore him an new hole across the middle...
Losing Ray is like losing the HEART of your defense. He's essentially been an onfield COACH for the bulk of his career. If you think it'll be "business as usual" without him you're delusional. It would be like the Texans offense losing Andre Johnson then acting as if they were complete without him.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 02-05-2013   #44
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Dude, I am at the parade right now- me and 350,000 of my closest friends....watch it live on te NFL Network....Jacoby Jones just went past.....while he danced....

Now instead of 'elite' you use the term 'royalty'...whats your criteria...
Let me see if I can get this straight, your team won the superbowl and instead of enjoying a once in a lifetime event at which you're present, you're here debating with MY crazy ass over my inconsequential opinion of your teams' QB?! Fool go back to your PARADE! Savor it and post pics of EVERYONE BUT JUDAS!
Old 02-05-2013   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
You said "He's definitely one of the better QBs in the league, but to be elite (not that you're saying he's elite) he's got to minimize those dud games."

My point being that you can't eliminate dud games.
Big difference between eliminate & minimize.

Compared to the Bradies, Rogers, & Brees.... he has more dud games. Too many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
We are splitting hairs but when you jumped in and in yesterdays Schaub thread you definitely have/had a beef with Flacco being considered a top QB.
He's a top QB. I've never tried to take that away from him (Since the Super Bowl). In comparison to Schaub I've said he & Ryan were thought to be in the same tier until the play offs. My point was more about Matt Schaub than Joe Flacco.

If Flacco can go from eh.. to borderline elite (which he is) with a great play off run (for Flacco it's been two great play off runs, but he's been more blah.. than Schaub in the regular season), then so can Schaub. Ryan has had one great play off run & a great season so I can see him in that same category (as Flacco) as well.

Up until these play offs, Ryan just like Schaub was thought to shrink in big games. Didn't matter that he had a decent defense, Roddy White, & Tony Gonzales, the Falcons decided to give him another weapon & now Ryan is a better QB because of it.
Old 02-05-2013   #46
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let me see if I can get this straight, your team won the superbowl and instead of enjoying a once in a lifetime event at which you're present, you're here debating with MY crazy ass over my inconsequential opinion of your teams' QB?! Fool go back to your PARADE! Savor it and post pics of EVERYONE BUT JUDAS!
Why not? I can get love from the 400,000 people present....they just shut the Stadium gates- 100,000 plus in there right now...only seats 70,000.....headed to the bar....gonna have a "Jacoby Special"- its a purple Grape Vodka and Tonic drink that leaves a Ring! Hee hee hee
Old 02-05-2013   #47
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

joe flacco's now elite ... is that the term for everyone? peyton manning, tom brady, aaron rodgers, and usually drew brees are generally the head of the pack regardless of who you ask - elite. how did flacco break into those ranks with one playoff run? or does that make ben and his 2 rings elite? eli and his 2 rings? that's 7 elite quarterbacks, 3 added because of what they've done in the playoffs.

now tell me this - age not withstanding, who here would take flacco over luck? over RG3 or kaepernick or wilson? over matt ryan? over the other 6 "elite" quarterbacks? i wouldnt, which puts him just outside a top 10 quarterback in my book. i'd also strongly consider cutler or stafford, but that's beside the point. sure he's a good quarterback, you can (obviously) win in the playoffs with flacco, but he didnt morph into a top 3 quarterback in the span of a month.
Old 02-05-2013   #48
AJ-80
Veteran

Rep Power: 547 AJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not elite now; however, he has the physical tools to become elite in the next couple of years. I think the OC change had a huge positive impact on him.
AJ-80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #49
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-80 View Post
Not elite now; however, he has the physical tools to become elite in the next couple of years. I think the OC change had a huge positive impact on him.
Bingo!
Old 02-05-2013   #50
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69048 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why not? I can get love from the 400,000 people present....they just shut the Stadium gates- 100,000 plus in there right now...only seats 70,000.....headed to the bar....gonna have a "Jacoby Special"- its a purple Grape Vodka and Tonic drink that leaves a Ring! Hee hee hee
You are officially the first person I have ever seen online posting on a non divisional rival fan site during your victory parade. Draw your own conclusions on what that looks like.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #51
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69048 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Ray got all the attention, but there were several plays were the ran ISO cam replays that clearly showed he was a liability. Their defense may actually ge better next year without him. That bugs me.

Old 02-05-2013   #52
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Alex Dunlap ‏@AlexDunlapNFL
Ravens gotta be nervous as hell w/ the idea of making Flacco-14th in 2012 yds,15th in TDs behind Fitzpatrick/Freeman-highest paid NFL player

DEFINE ELITE. "Elite in the NFL means, at its most lenient, the top 10 percent of players at the position. Of 32 starting quarterbacks, "elite" would refer to just three. No sane person would take Joe Flacco over Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees right now. (For the future, sure, but not for next season). Joe Flacco is not elite. Only three QBs are ever elite in a given season. It's just simple logic.''
-- From Jon Miller, Currituck, N.C.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #53
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Consider something. Vonte Leech and Bernard Pollard are both former Texans. Go back over my post and see if I've called either of them "Judas", traitors or anything else disparaging. Don't waste your time. I haven't. They are class acts and as a Texans/Steeler fan I BEGRUDGINGLY tip my hat to them.

Judas Jones on the other hand... will be doing tripple toe loops skating hell before that muff-hugga gets a subatomic particle of respect from MY blagg-azz Duck him!
Old 02-05-2013   #54
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Ravens gotta be nervous as hell w/ the idea of making Flacco-14th in 2012 yds,15th in TDs behind Fitzpatrick/Freeman-highest paid NFL player

DEFINE ELITE. "Elite in the NFL means, at its most lenient, the top 10 percent of players at the position. Of 32 starting quarterbacks, "elite" would refer to just three. No sane person would take Joe Flacco over Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees right now. (For the future, sure, but not for next season). Joe Flacco is not elite. Only three QBs are ever elite in a given season. It's just simple logic.''
This is the POINT of my initial post. Thank you sir. Handswarmer WOULD pick Flacco over the three others you mentioned.
Old 02-05-2013   #55
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Consider something. Vonte Leech and Bernard Pollard are both former Texans. Go back over my post and see if I've called either of them "Judas", traitors or anything else disparaging. Don't waste your time. I haven't. They are class acts and as a Texans/Steeler fan I BEGRUDGINGLY tip my hat to them.

Judas Jones on the other hand... will be doing tripple toe loops skating hell before that muff-hugga gets a subatomic particle of respect from MY blagg-azz Duck him!
How is a guy a "Judas" when he is cut and goes and gets a job and does well?If anything be peeved at the coaching not getting the best out of the guy or maybe a change of scenery helped.
Old 02-05-2013   #56
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
You are officially the first person I have ever seen online posting on a non divisional rival fan site during your victory parade. Draw your own conclusions on what that looks like.
Wow- fans of the other 30 teams are so happy you have been tracking that stat over the years, freeing them up to have other things to do

Like drink Purple Passsion drinks- that leave a RING.....
Old 02-05-2013   #57
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post

By that definition, I am sure I could find at least 5 stats that Flacco is top 10 in...so I think very little about the stats because I can manipulate them to say anything.

Flacco beat Brees in 2010, Manning and Brady (2 times) in succession in 2012-13.
Old 02-05-2013   #58
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:

Judas Jones on the other hand... !
I never said anything about those guys but I do love me some Jacoby
Old 02-05-2013   #59
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Wow- fans of the other 30 teams are so happy you have been tracking that stat over the years, freeing them up to have other things to do

Like drink Purple Passsion drinks- that leave a RING.....
Internet yawn. Have fun.

Old 02-05-2013   #60
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
This is the POINT of my initial post. Thank you sir. Handswarmer WOULD pick Flacco over the three others you mentioned.
Of course I would- all the yards they threw for ddn't get them crapola....Manning hasn't won in 5 years, Brady in 9 years nd Brees hasn't won in 3 years....

Joe has been unleashed since Cameron was let go....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read