Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-05-2013   #21
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DET waived Titus Young today

NO, the other 31 teams can fight over him. He's got no business in a Texans uniform.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #22
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Young = Royce White

Nutcase = Pass
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #23
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 201352 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

THIS is who you would want on YOUR team???

Quote:
A second-round pick out of Boise State in 2011, Young, 23, fell out of favor with the Lions this season after repeated acts of insubordinate behavior.

He was sent home by the organization three times in a seven-month span starting last May, when he punched teammate Louis Delmas during off-season workouts.

In a November loss to the Green Bay Packers, Young purposely lined up in the wrong spot on the field, and after returning to the team following a week’s absence he was sent home for good when his presence became a distraction in the locker room.
Quote:
A game-changing talent whose behavior issues date back to at least his time in college, Young’s problems last season stemmed in part from the fact that he thought he wasn’t getting the ball enough.

His on-field meltdown against the Packers, when he lashed out at former receivers coach Shawn Jefferson on his way off the field, came two weeks after the first 100-yard game of his career.

E.C. Robinson, Young’s high school coach, said Young came to his house on Christmas and the two talked about his problems with the Lions.

“He did tell me he thought he was just as good Megatron,” Robinson recalled late last month. “I said, ‘Titus, come on.’ I said, ‘Come on, man. Who you talking to?’ I said, ‘Come on, you’re as good as that guy? This guy is the real deal.’ And he really believes this. And he was sincere about it. ‘Ah man, I’m better than him.’ I said, ‘No you’re not. Be real man. Come on.’ So I don’t know, I’m hoping for the best for him.”

Robinson and some of Young’s other former coaches, including ex-Boise State assistant Brent Pease, now at Florida, have reached out to Young recently with no success.
REST OF STORY
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

In the show The Sopranos, the therapist says Tony is a sociopath.

Sociopaths are inherently destructive people who seek to undo others for their own personal gain. It is not a chemical imbalance, it's a SOUL issue. The Bible says we have a SOUL and we have a SPIRIT.

The SPIRIT is the Godly part of us, and the SOUL is the earthly part of us. Our soul stays here, our spirit goes...well, to one place or another if you know what I mean. The soul can rule over the spirit if you let it...which is what the Bible refers to as "being fleshly" in our actions.

In cases like Vince Young and Titus Young, you have two persons who for whatever their reasons have decided to let their soul win the battle for their character. Both of them are sociopaths in the sense that they seek to burn things down around them so that they can remain above the rubble.

You don't want a guy like Titus Young on your team. He's too far gone. And even if he were to suddenly claim he's ready to turn it around? Yeah, let him try it with another team first...because at his age, those habits are pretty much ingrained into your psyche. You're made. It's solidified. Unless you have a massive epiphany and revelation one day, and let's face it...those are few and far between.

My two cents.
Old 02-05-2013   #25
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 201352 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a Dec 2012 article that chronicles Young's problems dating back to high school. I found it interesting that he is the son of two ordained ministers.

Detroit Lions WR Titus Young's Chronic Character Issues
Old 02-05-2013   #26
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If he were, and shear sociopathy is more likely........he is not an established Brandon Marshal. Young's past actions fit more the diagnosis of sociopath. Sociopathic disorder is a personality disorder, and bipolar disease is a mood disorder. There is good research that points to the fact that bipolar is a grossly over diagnosed conditioned, misdiagnosed for sociopathy, which does not respond to medication or other therapies.........which explains why so many "bipolars" do not respond to proper treatment regimens.

Besides, bipolarity is not typically a "give him a pill and he'll be fine." It takes an element of maturity to understand your problem and the need for both ongoing therapy and medication and monitoring.......something that can take years to accomplish in many cases. The Texans are not of the makeup that they can afford a "project" like this while trying to keep it together themselves........believe me.
His poor impulse control certainly speaks to a personality disorder, although I'm not sure I'd label him a sociopath just yet. Perhaps Narcissistic PD? I agree that bipolar doesn't fit. Marshall is diagnosed Borderline Personality Disorder.

Whatever, the Texans should never be interested in "kicking the tires" on any player who exhibits these types of behaviors. They're team distractors/team killers.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #27
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
His poor impulse control certainly speaks to a personality disorder, although I'm not sure I'd label him a sociopath just yet. Perhaps Narcissistic PD? I agree that bipolar doesn't fit. Marshall is diagnosed Borderline Personality Disorder.

Whatever, the Texans should never be interested in "kicking the tires" on any player who exhibits these types of behaviors. They're team distractors/team killers.
Just like Young has obviously demonstrated throughout his life, a sociopath has no need to be validated by others. Unlike someone with a narcissistic personality disorder, a sociopath has no underlying neediness for others' approval. His remorseless behavior does not come from a deep insecurity, like someone with a narcissist personality disorder. Instead, he wants to exploit others simply for his entertainment and amusement.

I agree whole-heartedly with your final conclusion
Old 02-05-2013   #28
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I am sorry but Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak haven't been brought up enough in this thread to warrant it as a real Texans Talk Offseason Thread®. Maybe a couple more pages will bring more replies badmouthing players and coaches on a football team that was 12-4 last year.
Old 02-05-2013   #29
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I am sorry but Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak haven't been brought up enough in this thread to warrant it as a real Texans Talk Offseason Thread®. Maybe a couple more pages will bring more replies badmouthing players and coaches on a football team that was 12-4 last year.
The reason this guy, who's better than Megatron , will never come to this team is because of Gary Kubiak and Matt Schaub.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #30
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

The Rams grab him

Quote:
Adam Caplan‏@caplannfl

The Rams claimed WR Titus Young off waivers from the Lions, according to @JasonLaCanfora.
Old 02-05-2013   #31
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The Rams grab him
Jeff Fisher, yup, makes complete sense.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #32
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Stupid Smithiak, should have traded up the waiver wire to get him!!! GAWD WE NEED A REAL GM AND COACH!!!

Better?
Old 02-05-2013   #33
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Jeff Fisher, yup, makes complete sense.
Yeh, it really worked out with his last Young, didn't it? Of course, there aren't that many more expectations for the Rams 2013 season than there were for last season.
Old 02-05-2013   #34
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77616 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldnt have touched this guy with a 10 foot pole.

Surprised that Fisher picked him up after the way Young shredded his friend Schwartz.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #35
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Would Gary Kubiak be willing to sign a player to his team who actually one time sabotaged a former team & teammates on the field of play ? Get serious.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #36
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd bring him in. Not much to lose. Hell hook him up w Royce White and they can do group counseling. A change of scenery might be what this guy needs. We have excellent leaders and a team of role models to help guide him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #37
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Evidently Young was all dressed, and had nowhere to go.............except St. Louis. NONE of the other 31 teams even bothered to put in a waiver claim.

Quote:
Mike Garafolo of USA Today first reported, and PFT has confirmed, that the Rams were the only team to put in a waiver claim for Young today.

When the Lions placed Young on waivers, every NFL team had the opportunity to put in a claim for him, and there’s really no cost associated with having him: If he causes problems or just doesn’t look like a good fit with the team, you can cut him at any point before the start of the regular season without taking a financial hit.

That would seem to make him a tempting player to claim, because Young is a talented receiver: He was a starter for most of his first two seasons after the Lions took him in the second round of the 2011 NFL draft, and he caught 81 passes for 990 yards and 10 touchdowns in 26 games. A 23-year-old who has the proven ability to produce in the passing game like that doesn’t become available very often.

But the risk with Young is that he’ll cause real problems for a team: Young wasn’t just your run-of-the-mill problem child, the kind of guy who shows up late to practice or falls asleep in meetings. Young’s issues included punching a teammate at practice and purposely lining up in the wrong place during a game because he was mad that the Lions’ coaches weren’t calling plays in which he was the primary receiver. A player like that can really damage a team.

So Rams coach Jeff Fisher is taking on a real risk by acquiring Young. A risk that 31 other coaches didn’t want to take.
link

I'll take on Vegas that this season, Jeff is more likely to punch out Titus before Titus knows what hit him.
Old 02-06-2013   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't know how this will turn out for Fisher, but his chances of success are much better there than here. I can see Fischer putting this kid in his place, Gary not so much even though I hear he's a real cutthroat in your face don't want to cross him kind of guy on the practice field.

Most likely Fisher is going to fail but really what's he got to lose? Its not like Titus can unravel years of work.
Old 02-06-2013   #39
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Thread title should have read "NFL waived Titus Young today" but then the Rams had to go screw it up.
Old 02-06-2013   #40
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Ever since Fisher passed on Randy Moss and took Kevin Dyson he has found a way to hire a malcontent at least once a year.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read