Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-04-2013   #581
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
you must be the biggest matt schaub stan in this entire site.

"His teammates support him"

smdh are you seriously gonna use that line? What else are they suppose to say?
No... Actually he is not the biggest "Matt Schaub stan on this entire site" but for you to suggest that Schaub's "teamates support him" as an untruth is completely and utterly ludicrous. It's well known and well documented that his teamates totally trust him, respect him and consider him a leader.
Old 02-04-2013   #582
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Its the company line .... period.

Period??? Why???? Because you say so?? Asinine!!!

What??? Are you "that guy" that knows "a guy" in the locker room"?

Company line my ass. Ask any of them in person, if you're a good judge of "company line" or genuine respect. Aren't we (or you) at a place where we can tell "company line" from sincere thoughts? I feel sorry for so many people that cyniscm rules their lives.

Sad really!
Old 02-04-2013   #583
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt is Matt

I would think he has respect of teammates ESP after last season ,missing OTAs and organizing a players only practice to get back into the swing of things.

But some want I continue the witch hunt even when we know that he isn't going anywhere
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #584
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179496 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Period??? Why???? Because you say so?? Asinine!!!

What??? Are you "that guy" that knows "a guy" in the locker room"?

Company line my ass. Ask any of them in person, if you're a good judge of "company line" or genuine respect. Aren't we (or you) at a place where we can tell "company line" from sincere thoughts? I feel sorry for so many people that cyniscm rules their lives.

Sad really!
The only thing that can be said about Schaub is , has he hit his ceiling .
Old 02-04-2013   #585
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Agreed
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #586
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Are you saying, "He has hit his ceiling"?

Or are you asking, "Has he hit his ceiling"?

I don't know that he has hit his ceiling. I don't know that Andre has hit his ceiling, or that Antonio has hit his ceiling, or that Myers has hit his. They all needed to step up their game in the play offs & did not.

We'll see if they've grown as players & leaders in 2013, then again in the play-offs.
Old 02-04-2013   #587
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post

"His teammates support him"

smdh are you seriously gonna use that line? What else are they suppose to say?
Well yes I am when the statement I'm refuting is that the Texans organization is disrespecting the rest of the team by keeping Schaub on this team. When his teammates regularly talk highly of Schaub and express full confidence in him, it's hard to call them "disrespected." Is it completely impossible to believe that some if not a lot of Schaub's teammates might actually want him on this team? They haven't ever said otherwise like when we have seen in other cases with different teams.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #588
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Jup!! No argument from me... That said all these arguments pro or con for the guy, these people are stupid for arguing over him because they're stuck with him for at least a couple/few years over his deal... Whether they like it or not..

I'm not sure why the hatred goes towards Matt himself and NOT the FO that signed him to the extension. WTF???

I'm not sure why the hatred goes towards Matt Schaub and the fact that he hasn't really had any new weapons..

Whatever... Put everything on Schaub if that completes your short-sighted thought of this Texans past season.. Perhaps those of you that think that way should revisit the defense and special teams......

Of course many of you are way to mentally limited to put ALL THINGS into perspective!
Old 02-04-2013   #589
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well yes I am when the statement I'm refuting is that the Texans organization is disrespecting the rest of the team by keeping Schaub on this team. When his teammates regularly talk highly of Schaub and express full confidence in him, it's hard to call them "disrespected." Is it completely impossible to believe that some if not a lot of Schaub's teammates might actually want him on this team? They haven't ever said otherwise like when we have seen in other cases with different teams.
I specifically asked for where Texan players towed the "company line" about Schaub being a "leader" as "the company line"......... I got nothing.
Old 02-04-2013   #590
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jup!! No argument from me... That said all these arguments pro or con for the guy, these people are stupid for arguing over him because they're stuck with him for at least a couple/few years over his deal... Whether they like it or not..
Wait, you mean to say that all the time we spend here going back and forth over players is wasted because no matter what we say or think the team is going to do what it wants to do with no regard for our opinions?

No ****?

Well thanks Bill. Glad you could clear that up for us. Last one out turn off the lights because there's no point in any of this. Can't believe I spent ten ****ing years talking about a football team and they aren't even listening. Damn!

Quote:
I'm not sure why the hatred goes towards Matt himself and NOT the FO that signed him to the extension. WTF???

I'm not sure why the hatred goes towards Matt Schaub and the fact that he hasn't really had any new weapons..
Well, I know it's "stupid" to bother with this but I just can't help myself. Call it habit at this point. I think all these people you're not understanding know good and well that the FO that signed him to the extension is to blame for doing it. We just all know that they're not going anywhere either. Once the bitching starts (justified or not) then it's going to focus on certain key areas. QB is at the top of the list. It comes with the territory. If you want to be a QB in the NFL some people are going to ***** about you damn near every year. If you're nothing special then you'll hear more of it and that's Matt Schaub's situation in a nutshell.

Matt's got weapons. People who say Matt doesn't have weapons need to look again. He's had weapons for years. He's got Arian Foster and Andre Johnson. They're weapons. He has Owen Daniels and he's a weapon. Joel Dreeson was enough of a weapon that the Bronco's went out and signed him for Manning. Jacoby Jones who I hate with the heat of 10,000 suns was a weapon obviously in hindsight. Schaub has and has had weapons. It doesn't change much in the long run. Add some weapons, take away some weapons, Matt stays Matt.

But that's not why the hate goes to Matt. The hate goes to him because he's the QB and he gets more of it because he's not good enough.

Quote:
Whatever... Put everything on Schaub if that completes your short-sighted thought of this Texans past season.. Perhaps those of you that think that way should revisit the defense and special teams......

Of course many of you are way to mentally limited to put ALL THINGS into perspective!
I was under the impression that calling other posters names was frowned upon. My mistake I guess. Just my limitations getting in my way again.
Old 02-04-2013   #591
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Wait, you mean to say that all the time we spend here going back and forth over players is wasted because no matter what we say or think the team is going to do what it wants to do with no regard for our opinions?

No ****?
Well, we did get Jacoby Jones run out of here.

Quote:
Matt's got weapons. People who say Matt doesn't have weapons need to look again. He's had weapons for years. He's got Arian Foster and Andre Johnson. They're weapons. He has Owen Daniels and he's a weapon. Joel Dreeson was enough of a weapon that the Bronco's went out and signed him for Manning. Jacoby Jones who I hate with the heat of 10,000 suns was a weapon obviously in hindsight. Schaub has and has had weapons. It doesn't change much in the long run. Add some weapons, take away some weapons, Matt stays Matt.
Damn....... if only Matt had been healthy when we had that team, with Jacoby Jones & Eric Winston & Mike Briesel & Arian Foster breaking 20-40 yards gains at will & Ben Tate doing the same off the bench.

Ahh.... what could have been.
Old 02-04-2013   #592
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I specifically asked for where Texan players towed the "company line" about Schaub being a "leader" as "the company line"......... I got nothing.
Well it's one thing to criticize Schaub as how you think he plays, but to suggest that his teammates are being done wrong and disrespected simply doesn't add up. His teammates have always expressed belief in Schaub.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #593
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt has his teammates respect.

The Texans will never win a SB with Matt as the QB and for that matter probably with Gary as HC.

Whoever made the decision to extend Matt for 4 yrs should be fired. If that kind of wisdom is permeating the Texans FO then this team is in serious trouble. Look at the way the Ravens handled the Flacco situation as a template. But that's not the Texans way (Taking risks) and they are stuck with a QB that's not good enough and according to a certain Doc will not be able to improve his deficiencies due to his injury situation. (I do believe the injury has led Matt to becoming a proverbial sitting duck and has caused his accuracy prblems to become more pronounced.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #594
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

The Texans will never win a SB with Matt as the QB and for that matter probably with Gary as HC.

Whoever made the decision to extend Matt for 4 yrs should be fired. If that kind of wisdom is permeating the Texans FO then this team is in serious trouble. Look at the way the Ravens handled the Flacco situation as a template. But that's not the Texans way (Taking risks) and they are stuck with a QB that's not good enough and according to a certain Doc will not be able to improve his deficiencies due to his injury situation. (I do believe the injury has led Matt to becoming a proverbial sitting duck and has caused his accuracy prblems to become more pronounced.
The Ravens had a better long term prospect in Flacco at that. I see it as the Ravens made Flacco go out and prove it, but the Texans handed out juice boxes and rice crispy treats, patted Matt on the head and made sure not to use red ink on his contract as they made sure he was loved, respected and well liked so they wouldn't have to bid against the Jaguars and Raiders for Matt's 2013 services.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #595
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No ****?

Well thanks Bill. Glad you could clear that up for us. Last one out turn off the lights because there's no point in any of this. Can't believe I spent ten ****ing years talking about a football team and they aren't even listening. Damn!

Well, I know it's "stupid" to bother with this but I just can't help myself. Call it habit at this point. I think all these people you're not understanding know good and well that the FO that signed him to the extension is to blame for doing it. We just all know that they're not going anywhere either. Once the bitching starts (justified or not) then it's going to focus on certain key areas. QB is at the top of the list. It comes with the territory. If you want to be a QB in the NFL some people are going to ***** about you damn near every year. If you're nothing special then you'll hear more of it and that's Matt Schaub's situation in a nutshell.

But that's not why the hate goes to Matt. The hate goes to him because he's the QB and he gets more of it because he's not good enough.

I was under the impression that calling other posters names was frowned upon. My mistake I guess. Just my limitations getting in my way again.
Good posts as usual here lately Herv, me and many others are on the same side of the fence right now. Maybe not exact same on everything but close enough.

I was wondering, to alleviate some of the Texans fan on fan $hitting on each other, and also I think it would be fun to a degree, I sometimes wonder if it would be a good idea to have a thread specifically for the care bears and sunshine pumpers and one for the "haters" and realists where people from the other side don't interfere so both sides can either glorify the season despite the tailspin end of the season or complain about it and stroke each other's POV's in general.

The rest of the threads would be open season as usual but there would be a "home base" if you will for both sides. Don't get me wrong, I love the chaos and I get a good laugh but I'm weird like that. It does get old though, and I know it will never happen, but I thought it was an idea worth mentioning.

Anyway....on with the show...

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #596
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Rep your way. LOL.
Old 02-05-2013   #597
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Matt's shown what he can do with weapons in previous years. These past couple years, (and let me caps lock this so no one can misinterpret this) HE HAS NOT PLAYED WELL ENOUGH.

To the posters (not necessarily Herv) who have taken this past year's failure and applied it to all years (what have you done for me lately I guess), it's completely false that Schaub hasn't been comparable to the QB class of Flacco/Ryan/etc. Maybe he's regressed while they've picked up their game. But it's clear he CAN play at a high level, the question is has he lost it?

As far as weapons go, Foster and AJ are clearly top tier weapons. Looking at the teams who've had success this year, however, it's clear that in today's league, you need SEVERAL weapons. OD is a weapon, but I'm beginning to realize that other than hands, OD is mostly a run-of-the-mill TE. Nearly every team has a TE on their roster that could do his job in the Texans' system.

Dreesen was a weapon...last year. When Schaub was injured. Jacoby Jones is a weapon now. It's obvious the change of scenery and scheme has helped him tremendously. The Jacoby that Schaub had is a different Jacoby than the one who just won a Superbowl.

You're right he's had weapons, and we've seen what he can do with weapons. We've had TOP TIER offenses. The question is not "does Schaub have it". It should be "can Schaub get it back".
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #598
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
The Ravens had a better long term prospect in Flacco at that. I see it as the Ravens made Flacco go out and prove it, but the Texans handed out juice boxes and rice crispy treats, patted Matt on the head and made sure not to use red ink on his contract as they made sure he was loved, respected and well liked so they wouldn't have to bid against the Jaguars and Raiders for Matt's 2013 services.
Wes Mantooth: "Hey Ron, I heard you boys got a new momma down there at the station. I hear she wipes the dribble from your bubbling lips, and rubs vaseline on your butt and tells you how it's special and better than everyone else's."

- Anchorman

Best line. Ever.
Old 02-05-2013   #599
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
The Ravens had a better long term prospect in Flacco at that. I see it as the Ravens made Flacco go out and prove it...
Excellent points..
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #600
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Matt's shown what he can do with weapons in previous years. These past couple years, (and let me caps lock this so no one can misinterpret this) HE HAS NOT PLAYED WELL ENOUGH.

To the posters (not necessarily Herv) who have taken this past year's failure and applied it to all years (what have you done for me lately I guess), it's completely false that Schaub hasn't been comparable to the QB class of Flacco/Ryan/etc. Maybe he's regressed while they've picked up their game. But it's clear he CAN play at a high level, the question is has he lost it?
Agreed.

& to the bolded. The guys saying he never had it, just never liked Schaub to begin with & aren't being objective about the situation.

If you're one of the guys who is saying Schaub lost it.... that's great, that's an understandable position.

But to say he never had it... I don't like Schaub, but I give credit where credit is due.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read