Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-04-2013   #141
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones is looking good....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
, especially guys like Trindon & Jacoby who wouldn't be in the league if not for the Texans taking a chance on little known talented players. :smh:
What?

So we drafted a guy in the third round that wouldn't be in the league had we not drafted him?

And someone would have picked up trindon. He'd probably have gotten drafted by someone else after our pick and at the very least he'd have been on a camp roster somewhere. Trindon wasn't some "little known" player. Everyone knew who trindon holiday was in the football world.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #142
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
This was never about jacoby. Or Joe Marciano. This is about kubiak. He is too uptight as a coach. You can tell just by looking at his face on the sidelines. He gets that upset stomach face. He doesn't look at field goals. He's not confident. You can tell with how schaub plays. Kubiak is so afraid of mistakes that much of the team doesn't play loosely. They get so knotted up when big games come around.

Trindon and jacoby have had the same natural ability they have now since they came into the league. But before kubiak puts guys like that on the field he has to make sure they know how much he hates mistakes. So what you have is a bunch of guys that are thinking too much and not letting their natural ability shine. You have Kevin Walter starting for multiple years and Ben Tate not getting carries.
Pollard and Jacoby fit on the Ravens because of that very reason: They let those guys PLAY.

Kubiak, as you mentioned, he wants obedient and loyal task runners who just do the basics and leave the free-styling at home for the Xbox 360.

I couldn't help but notice how fluid and natural the Ravens looked last night. I was watching them and thinking "Wow. These guys are just having fun and just doing things so naturally." It was refreshing to watch.

Meanwhile, the 49ers were looking like the Texans out there: They didn't figure out that certain formations and certain play calls (Kap's numerous roll outs that were stuffed every time) weren't working and were NOT going to work ever again that evening. They looked tense. Like they knew they would get a beating if they lost. They looked like they felt they were the better team and that the Ravens should just accept their fate (sound familiar, anyone?).

Kudos to the coaching staff of the Ravens. (1) They let go of an O.C. in the middle of the season and they end up winning the Super Bowl. IIRC, the fired O.C. (Cam Cameron) was the guy calling the shots when the Ravens got blown out vs. the Texans this year. Well, they figured that they'd had enough of THAT. And look, a ring came their way! I don't ever want to hear that you cannot make that drastic of a coaching move in mid-season. Bull****. You CAN. Myth busted. (2) The coaches held them together, maneuvered them through the playoffs, and let them have fun and let them play with reckless abandon in the SB.

I still give props to 49ers for figuring out that Alex Smith was not the answer and for developing the pistol with Kap so that they could utilize him and the RBs with what can only be considered as a great step toward next year. They made it tot he SB and almost pulled out a win with a young QB and a fairly new offense.

Both of those teams proved that they deserved to be on the field last night.
Old 02-04-2013   #143
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

It's my sincerest hope that the next time Mr. Judas Jones and his Baltimore Dirty Birds play the Houston Texans that every man who was on the Texans' roster whom he cheated out of an opportunity to play in an AFC Championship game remembers:

a. How he "accidentally" fumbled and cost them the game

b. How the team who benefitted from his "accident" just HAPPENED to
pick him up the following season.

&

c. How he said that he felt more of a "cohesion" in the Raven organization
than he ever did when he was wasting a roster spot and room under the
salary cap here in Houston.

I hope the remember all of these factors and do their best to either break his ribcage like a bag of bread sticks or crack his helmet like a walnut to congratulate him on selling them out for his own personal glory. If someone Michael Irwin's this traitor I won't shed two tears in a bucket.

Before any says I'm being "harsh" save it. I mean every damn word of this post If you're a Raven fan and you're going to 3itch me out, do us BOTH a favor and zip it. I'm a Texan fan AND a Steeler fan and the waste produced by single celled microscopic organisms visible only through electron microscopes mean more to me than YOUR opinions.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #144
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Pollard and Jacoby fit on the Ravens because of that very reason: They let those guys PLAY.

Kubiak, as you mentioned, he wants obedient and loyal task runners who just do the basics and leave the free-styling at home for the Xbox 360.

I couldn't help but notice how fluid and natural the Ravens looked last night. I was watching them and thinking "Wow. These guys are just having fun and just doing things so naturally." It was refreshing to watch.

Meanwhile, the 49ers were looking like the Texans out there: They didn't figure out that certain formations and certain play calls (Kap's numerous roll outs that were stuffed every time) weren't working and were NOT going to work ever again that evening. They looked tense. Like they knew they would get a beating if they lost. They looked like they felt they were the better team and that the Ravens should just accept their fate (sound familiar, anyone?).

Kudos to the coaching staff of the Ravens. (1) They let go of an O.C. in the middle of the season and they end up winning the Super Bowl. IIRC, the fired O.C. (Cam Cameron) was the guy calling the shots when the Ravens got blown out vs. the Texans this year. Well, they figured that they'd had enough of THAT. And look, a ring came their way! I don't ever want to hear that you cannot make that drastic of a coaching move in mid-season. Bull****. You CAN. Myth busted. (2) The coaches held them together, maneuvered them through the playoffs, and let them have fun and let them play with reckless abandon in the SB.

I still give props to 49ers for figuring out that Alex Smith was not the answer and for developing the pistol with Kap so that they could utilize him and the RBs with what can only be considered as a great step toward next year. They made it tot he SB and almost pulled out a win with a young QB and a fairly new offense.

Both of those teams proved that they deserved to be on the field last night.
Must be nice to have a ref five feet away looking directly at you while your big WHITE Mickey Mouse looking gloves are clenched in tight fists around a guys big RED jersey and NOT call holding on you.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 02-04-2013   #145
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
It's my sincerest hope that the next time Mr. Judas Jones and his Baltimore Dirty Birds play the Houston Texans that every man who was on the Texans' roster whom he cheated out of an opportunity to play in an AFC Championship game remembers:

a. How he "accidentally" fumbled and cost them the game

b. How the team who benefitted from his "accident" just HAPPENED to
pick him up the following season.

&

c. How he said that he felt more of a "cohesion" in the Raven organization
than he ever did when he was wasting a roster spot and room under the
salary cap here in Houston.

I hope the remember all of these factors and do their best to either break his ribcage like a bag of bread sticks or crack his helmet like a walnut to congratulate him on selling them out for his own personal glory. If someone Michael Irwin's this traitor I won't shed two tears in a bucket.

Before any says I'm being "harsh" save it. I mean every damn word of this post If you're a Raven fan and you're going to 3itch me out, do us BOTH a favor and zip it. I'm a Texan fan AND a Steeler fan and the waste produced by single celled microscopic organisms visible only through electron microscopes mean more to me than YOUR opinions.
Dread!

Rrrrrrrrack him!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #146
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Dread!

Rrrrrrrrack him!

I hope Judas is happy with his new team. He got the superbowl he wanted and all he had to do was betray an organization which gave him a home for several years.
Old 02-04-2013   #147
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Jacoby's dropped punt against the Ravens was intentional. If
the drop were intentional, then I would be able to call him a traitor. I thinki t was
simply a reflection of the energy of constipation coming from Kubiak leaking onto
the field.

Jacoby's two touchdowns were the difference in this Super Bowl, and he
was the reason for quite a few Texans victories during his time here.

I was happy to see him get to dance twice during "The Big Game," and always
saw him as a guy who played hard. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco just
showed the Texans what a head coach with guts and a QB with a rocket
arm can do.
Old 02-04-2013   #148
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco just
showed the Texans what a head coach with guts and a QB with a rocket
arm can do.
I bet if it weren't for the cap issues, Jacoby would have still been here. Kubiak would still put him on the field, Schaub would still throw it to him & Jacoby would still be making plays.

Remember that big catch he had over Ed Reed for a TD?
Old 02-04-2013   #149
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I bet if it weren't for the cap issues, Jacoby would have still been here. Kubiak would still put him on the field, Schaub would still throw it to him & Jacoby would still be making plays.

Remember that big catch he had over Ed Reed for a TD?
You guys are a lot nicer than me. If he was with ANY OTHER team I would be wishing him well. The fact that he got picked up by the guys who went on to the AFC championship game as a result of his "error" looks BEYOND suspicious to me. He's dead to me.
Old 02-04-2013   #150
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
You guys are a lot nicer than me. If he was with ANY OTHER team I would be wishing him well. The fact that he got picked up by the guys who went on to the AFC championship game as a result of his "error" looks BEYOND suspicious to me. He's dead to me.
Why didn't the 49ers win the game when Ray Rice fumbled the ball & allow them to score real quick, got them back in the game.

Just like our game against the Patriots this year in the divisional round, we were supposed to get Arian Foster going, play good defense & let our QB "manage" the game. We didn't do that. Arian did not take over the game, our defense did not play well & we lost. Had Jacoby not muffed that punt, we still would not have been running the ball or playing good defense & we still would have lost that game.

We played a much worse defense this year in the Patriots & the Ravens D, which isn't as good as ours was able to slow down the Patriots offense.

We did not lose either game because Jacoby spotted the Ravens 7 points in the first 5 minutes of the game. The people you should have ire towards are still here.
Old 02-04-2013   #151
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Jones is laughing now I don't care.
Old 02-04-2013   #152
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Why didn't the 49ers win the game when Ray Rice fumbled the ball & allow them to score real quick, got them back in the game.

Just like our game against the Patriots this year in the divisional round, we were supposed to get Arian Foster going, play good defense & let our QB "manage" the game. We didn't do that. Arian did not take over the game, our defense did not play well & we lost. Had Jacoby not muffed that punt, we still would not have been running the ball or playing good defense & we still would have lost that game.

We played a much worse defense this year in the Patriots & the Ravens D, which isn't as good as ours was able to slow down the Patriots offense.

We did not lose either game because Jacoby spotted the Ravens 7 points in the first 5 minutes of the game. The people you should have ire towards are still here.

1. Why didn't the refs EVER call offsides in the course of that game against the Ravens. I saw them do it about five times but they were never called. On two point conversion after SanFrancisco scored Ed "Broke-jaw" Reed was CLEARLY offsides.

2. The last two plays of that game made it quite apparent that the outcome of last night's game was decided before the coin toss. A ref standing feet away during an OBVIOUS pass interference, then ignoring a bladant HOLDING on the next call. I loathe Jim Harbaugh but he and the 9ers were prison raped out of that title.

and my feelings on the man might as well be chiseled in stone as I don't plan on recanting them.
Old 02-04-2013   #153
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

It seems like every Super Bowl there are too many flags or not enough.
Old 02-04-2013   #154
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 02-04-2013   #155
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Jones is laughing now. I don't care.
Yeah, but he's laughing because he's totally stoned. Good riddance, he didn't fit here and didn't perform here. A waste of Texan time.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #156
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Old 02-04-2013   #157
Rey
Hall of Fame

Who'd have thunk that Jacoby, Pollard and Leach would all have superbowl rings and play prominent roles on a Superbowl team.

I know Leach and Jacoby are good friends with Andre....I wonder if they'll let him try on their rings...
Old 02-04-2013   #158
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 25182 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh, I don't think much on it. Pollard and Jones fit the Ravens more than us. Can you picture Pollard being called upon for man to man coverage in Wade's system over and over again?

As for Jones, we were trying to push and make him at least a #2 here. We needed more out of him than the Ravens. They already have two solid WR's so only needed Jones to be himself and contribute in spot situations/plays. He isn't as heavily relied upon there as he was here. He did good returns here just like he did there despite the fumble issues. I know I have seen him bobble a few with the Ravens as well.

Hopefully it makes our guys even more hungry seeing the Ravens win it. I still feel it is the mental aspect that is lacking for us more than anything including in the coaching.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #159
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
As for Jones, we were trying to push and make him at least a #2 here. We needed more out of him than the Ravens. They already have two solid WR's so only needed Jones to be himself and contribute in spot situations/plays. He isn't as heavily relied upon there as he was here. He did good returns here just like he did there despite the fumble issues. I know I have seen him bobble a few with the Ravens as well.
MSR. We're trying to make Jacoby a 1a..... just because he isn't & will never be a 1a doesn't mean he doesn't have a place on a championship football team.
Old 02-04-2013   #160
Rey
Hall of Fame

Seems we have a bad habit of picking up players that "don't fit our system" and then playing them heavily in roles they aren't suited for.

I guess coaching flexibility is just an unreasonable expectation. Taking talented players and using them in ways that best suit them is crazy talk.

But hey, schaub fits the system perfectly. Kevin Walter is a good fit.

I say we stick with it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read