Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-03-2013   #241
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Bowl XLVII Game Day thread

Alright everyone. I hate the offseason, so you won't be seeing me posting much. Not until the draft at least, or if something big happens. I'll be lurking though. See y'all soon. Go Texans.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #242
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
No doubt.

But there were times both of these guys were doubted too.

It was a great game though, which is all I care about.
Those doubts haven't been as long as Texans fans have doubted Kubs, most definitely Schaub.
Both John Harbaugh and Flacco started in 08.
Kubiak became the head coach in 2006. Schaub became the starter in 07.
With the way this season ended on such a monumental slide backwards, I have no real optimism for next season, especially when we talk about Schaub.
With Harbaugh and Flacco how could you NOT feel good about your team.
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #243
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 7153 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

**ck Jacoby Jones!!
Old 02-03-2013   #244
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 147149 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well hell. I thought I was signing off but I guess not yet.

Nice to see Dan Marino finding time to do the postgame, what, with all the women out there he hasn't banged yet.
Old 02-03-2013   #245
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats to JJ for having a big game. Also to Leach & Pollard for winning a championship.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #246
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Harbaugh/Roman had some horrible playcalling in the red zone for kap...rolling the pocket and effectively shuting 1 side of the field down that he cant throw to? No screen plays in obvious blitzing situations?

When you have a running qb like kap, you give him as many options as possible...if the play breaks down he should be fine and athletic enough to escape...rolling the pocket largely takes that option away from him...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #247
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Okay, I'm bored.

Changing to Desperate Housewives.
If you did, you missed a great 4th quarter.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #248
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Harbaugh/Roman had some horrible playcalling in the red zone for kap...rolling the pocket and effectively shuting 1 side of the field down that he cant throw to? No screen plays in obvious blitzing situations?

When you have a running qb like kap, you give him as many options as possible...if the play breaks down he should be fine and athletic enough to escape...rolling the pocket largely takes that option away from him...
Count me as someone who thought the roll outs were mega stupid. Over and over again.

I guess Gary isn't the only coach who worships a failing idea, thinking it'll work....it'll work...we practiced it over and over.....it's got to work! Oh ****, it never worked. #LookedFamiliarToMe

The 9ers looked best when they were in the pistol or had 5-wide....either way, it made the Ravens respect the 9ers' options on the field. When the play call was a standard formation, it seemed the Ravens had the answer every time.

I think the calls went the Ravens' way a lot. On the 9ers 2-pt conversion play, it looked like Ravens crosses the LOS early. The refs also had a full extra yard in a crucial play that the 9ers challenged and easily won the reversal. Last play on 4th down, Crabtree was held....but a veteran WR would have stopped pursuing the ball and drawn attention to the holding more than Crab did.

I'm stunned Jacoby Jones made two TDs the way he did. That was the biggest game on the largest stage, and he did a figurative Bud Adams double rods hand gesture to Kubiak and Marciano there. He just won a damn Super Bowl. As did Pollard. As did Leach. Three guys who, though by different circumstances, left the Texans and got a ring.

I'm pretty conflicted right now. I'm glad in a way, I'm pissed off in a way. Through everything, the Is Flacco Elite or Not? saga built up in the media...the loss of Suggs and loss of Lewis, then barely getting them back in time to win a SB, to the blowout win we had over them, and then they were a wild card team and blew through the Broncos AND the Patriots.

We don't have that type of resiliency on our team. JJ Watt has inherited the job from AJ of being an other worldly athlete stuck on a Houston football team. We need a helluva draft, and no injuries, and an OL and sketchy WR corps (and struggling defensive identity) to get their **** sorted out next season in order to have a chance at a ring.

Then there's Gary on the sideline to contend with.
Old 02-03-2013   #249
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

The game was ok. This was a pr nightmare and embarrassment for the stadium and the city but oh well.... They recovered and the game finished strong. Btw these were some really weak commercials. And eff jacoby and good riddance to ray lewis and his b.s. facade. Go away.
Old 02-03-2013   #250
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Count me as someone who thought the roll outs were mega stupid. Over and over again.

I guess Gary isn't the only coach who worships a failing idea, thinking it'll work....it'll work...we practiced it over and over.....it's got to work! Oh ****, it never worked. #LookedFamiliarToMe

The 9ers looked best when they were in the pistol or had 5-wide....either way, it made the Ravens respect the 9ers' options on the field. When the play call was a standard formation, it seemed the Ravens had the answer every time.

I think the calls went the Ravens' way a lot. On the 9ers 2-pt conversion play, it looked like Ravens crosses the LOS early. The refs also had a full extra yard in a crucial play that the 9ers challenged and easily won the reversal. Last play on 4th down, Crabtree was held....but a veteran WR would have stopped pursuing the ball and drawn attention to the holding more than Crab did.

I'm stunned Jacoby Jones made two TDs the way he did. That was the biggest game on the largest stage, and he did a figurative Bud Adams double rods hand gesture to Kubiak and Marciano there. He just won a damn Super Bowl. As did Pollard. As did Leach. Three guys who, though by different circumstances, left the Texans and got a ring.

I'm pretty conflicted right now. I'm glad in a way, I'm pissed off in a way. Through everything, the Is Flacco Elite or Not? saga built up in the media...the loss of Suggs and loss of Lewis, then barely getting them back in time to win a SB, to the blowout win we had over them, and then they were a wild card team and blew through the Broncos AND the Patriots.

We don't have that type of resiliency on our team. JJ Watt has inherited the job from AJ of being an other worldly athlete stuck on a Houston football team. We need a helluva draft, and no injuries, and an OL and sketchy WR corps (and struggling defensive identity) to get their **** sorted out next season in order to have a chance at a ring.

Then there's Gary on the sideline to contend with.
How is this completely on Kubiak? This city wanted JJ gone so bad after last year's playoff game against the Ravens, and it's not like Kubiak did not give him so many chances.
Old 02-03-2013   #251
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 258843 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Did anyone notice how often the 49ers had LBs on receivers in the first half? I think that was the main reason the Ravens were able to do what they wanted in the first half. Boldin & Smith were killing the ILBs from the slot.
Old 02-03-2013   #252
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I watched the game with a bunch of 49er fans. Everyone is blaming the coaches for poor playcalling in the end. All I kept thinking was, "This sounds familiar?" Fans always think they are smarter than coaches after the game is done. Haha.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #253
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I watched the game with a bunch of 49er fans. Everyone is blaming the coaches for poor playcalling in the end. All I kept thinking was, "This sounds familiar?" Fans always think they are smarter than coaches after the game is done. Haha.
Pretty much but it's the armchair in us.
Old 02-04-2013   #254
RonnieLott42
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 RonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post

Good post! I have to applaud the Ravens for coming out prepared and putting points on the board right away. Great game plan and execution on their part.
I have to question why the Niners offense takes so much time to get rolling. Perpetually digging out of a hole is a tough way to win, especially in the playoffs. The four consecutive pass plays at the five were not what one expects from a run first team either.
On the other hand, having Kaepernick going forward gives me hope for the seasons to come. If the team can get him another WR to compliment Crabtree they'll have a nice lineup.
Old 02-04-2013   #255
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68323 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

**** Jacoby. **** him to hell.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #256
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

One thing this game proved to me as if I didn't know already is the texans won't win a bowl with schaub as the qb. There are 5 plays or so the qb will be 90% responsible for. Put schaub in those situations and the plays are over like rover.Flacco and Kaepernicks mobility and ability allows big plays to happen outside the system.
Old 02-04-2013   #257
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Mistakes cost San Francisco the game. Young QB and all it was a good come back they should be better off in the future.
Old 02-04-2013   #258
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh wow...

Old 02-04-2013   #259
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
How is this completely on Kubiak? This city wanted JJ gone so bad after last year's playoff game against the Ravens, and it's not like Kubiak did not give him so many chances.
I never said it was completely on Kubiak. And I'm far from a Jacoby Jones apologist.

I'm just saying the guy was let go after being largely inconsequential when it really counted most (such as the games when AJ was hurt in 2011, specifically the Oakland game). He gets let go, he goes and not only wins a ring the next year...but he was the x-factor in the win over Broncos in the playoffs AND in the Super Bowl win.

If that isn't an indictment on Gary's SUPERB system of offense, and even his player management skills, I don't know what is. Let's talk about Trindon Holliday too. Same situation: rey talks about it a lot recently; this idea that Gary Kubiak's management and coaching style punishes players for playing and rewards them for following strict orders. Do just enough, but don't do TOO much. And don't do too little. Good teams can go bad very quickly when they realize there is a serious flaw with the HC. See: Dennis Green's Arizona Cardinals, Rex Ryan's New York Jets, etc. Players, at some point, decide to eject.

Jacoby actually should have been the MVP of the Super Bowl. His TD catch, his long return TD to start the 2nd half, it was MVP stuff to me. Flacco deserved it too, though.
Old 02-04-2013   #260
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Oh wow...

Norg might not like having his real name out there.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read