Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-18-2013   #61
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How did Ray Lewis go from murder suspect in 2000 to NFL royalty in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm trying to remember what story it was that had two people dead in a house.

Obviously not Ray Lewis, but not sure if it was an athlete or some other kind of entertainer.

It rings a bell, but I could not find anything on Google without much details.

Maybe it was someone in the music industry?
Not two but maybe Jayson Williams?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayson_Williams
Old 01-30-2013   #62
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How did Ray Lewis go from murder suspect in 2000 to NFL royalty in 2013?

Drew Magary nails it...

The Haterís Guide To Ray Lewis

Quote:
It's not exactly daring to hate Ray Lewis. Facebook data show that most people are rooting for the 49ers to win the Super Bowl, and I'm sure "F#@K RAY LEWIS" has a lot to do with that. No one disputes that Lewis should be a Hall of Famer, and I guess we can all agree that he's a good leader. He sure shouts a lot. What is in dispute is whether he's an overrated, self-aggrandizing sack of sh!t who throws God in your face any time you accuse him of being anything less than a saint. So let's take a moment to break down Ray Lewis's loathsomeness piece by awful piece in a very special hater's guide. It's our little trick of the devil.

Ray Lewis is a backstabber, at the very least...
http://deadspin.com/5980173/the-hate...e-to-ray-lewis
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013   #63
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Amani Toomer:
Quote:
"If you want to say you're Mr. Religious and all of that, have a clean record. Don't say all of that stuff if you know there's stuff that might come back," Toomer said. "Those are the things that, when I look at him, I just think hypocrisy."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-bowl/1878869/
Old 01-31-2013   #64
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36653 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I like Ray Lewis and I'm glad he turned his life around.

But the above question has always been a splinter in my mind's eye. It's an obvious question that nobody wants to ask anymore.

He knew more about that incident than he admitted. The missing suit speaks volumes to this silence.

I'm not accusing him of murder. However, I'm also pragmatic and understand that his plea of guilty to obstruction of justice in a plea bargain is clearly a more-to-the-story situation.

Since then, though, he's been an inspiration to many and a role model for both players and fans. It's not like he's had a troubled pattern over the years that reveals he's faking it. I think that tragedy focused the man to define what he wanted to be in life and he chose the high road.
This.

As others have said, people need to stop acting like they were there. Maybe he was holding the knife and maybe he wasn't. Maybe he was an accomplice, and maybe he wasn't. Maybe self-defense was involved, and maybe it wasn't. The fact is though no one knows accept the two guys that are dead and buried and Ray Lewis and his buddies.

What we do know is that Ray Lewis has been a model citizen since the incident. He has put a ton of his time and effort into helping younger athletes not make the same mistakes that he did. What he was involved with was a tragedy. But if anyone has done everything humanly possible to make up for any wrong doing, it is Ray Lewis. I, for one, respect the football player as well as the man.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #65
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone just see that interview with his pastor on HLN? The interviewer asked him if Ray Lewis ever talked to him about what happened that night in Atlanta. He said yes ... so she asked "What did he tell you?".

He said something like "When I think of what Ray has been through I think of the book of Psalms where it speaks of David who was a murderer, adulterer, a man who neglected his job ... yet he went on to seek God and redemption and God redeemed him ... etc etc".

So he was comparing Ray Lewis to King David who WAS guilty of all the above. The difference is David admitted his error and paid dearly the rest of his life. Ray Lewis hasn't admitted anything and IF guilty has skated the whole ordeal.

It also leads me to question .. if Ray Lewis was innocent wouldn't his pastor just come out and say something like "Yes, Ray has spoke to me and has told me that he was completely innocent of all this."?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #66
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Did anyone just see that interview with his pastor on HLN? ... He said something like...
I think the pastor is supposed to hold that in confidence(!)

Old 02-03-2013   #67
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58086 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
This.

As others have said, people need to stop acting like they were there. Maybe he was holding the knife and maybe he wasn't. Maybe he was an accomplice, and maybe he wasn't. Maybe self-defense was involved, and maybe it wasn't. The fact is though no one knows accept the two guys that are dead and buried and Ray Lewis and his buddies.

What we do know is that Ray Lewis has been a model citizen since the incident. He has put a ton of his time and effort into helping younger athletes not make the same mistakes that he did. What he was involved with was a tragedy. But if anyone has done everything humanly possible to make up for any wrong doing, it is Ray Lewis. I, for one, respect the football player as well as the man.
Wonder if you would feel this way if the two guys that died were family or friends of yours.
Old 02-03-2013   #68
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

If you weren't there then you should shut the ******* up. period.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #69
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
That works two ways, don't you agree?
Old 02-03-2013   #70
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42997 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly forget the murder ****, it's the praising Jesus like 10 times a minute and mugging for the cameras that have me saying good riddance.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #71
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Your team wins a Super Bowl title and you are here posting on the texans message board an hour later. Wow, I think my cat "Dexter" has more of a life than you and he's licking his nuts as we speak.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #72
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Honestly forget the murder ****, it's the praising Jesus like 10 times a minute and mugging for the cameras that have me saying good riddance.
And people thought Tebow was bad.
Old 02-03-2013   #73
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks but no thanks Johnny Cochran. You don't know either.
Old 02-03-2013   #74
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Your team wins a Super Bowl title and you are here posting on the texans message board an hour later. Wow, I think my cat "Dexter" has more of a life than you and he's licking his nuts as we speak.
And your cat looks his nuts while this guy merely has his head up ray lewis' 'players tunnel'.
Old 02-03-2013   #75
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
He's the worst. Or should I say the best at this b.s. act.
Old 02-03-2013   #76
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
He's the worst. Or should I say the best at this b.s. act.
No doubt. Where was he when God told him humility is a virtue?
Old 02-04-2013   #77
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
No doubt. Where was he when God told him humility is a virtue?
And when god talked about that whole 'thou shalt not kill' thing.
Old 02-04-2013   #78
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
That works two ways, don't you agree?
That was the point- only those who were there know.
Old 02-04-2013   #79
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
And here you are writing about watching your cat licking his nuts and I'm the one without a life?
Old 02-04-2013   #80
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42997 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Unhappy Re: How did Ray Lewis go from murder suspect in 2000 to NFL royalty in 2013?

Quote:
That was the point- only those who were there know.
Always amazed at what a million bucks can do. In this case it made god great and a murder rap disappear.

Enjoy your SB win. Your team deserved it. 52 players on that team have my respect. Not him. Ever.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read