Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-03-2013   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Super Bowl XLVII Game Day thread

Line: 49ers -4, Total: 47.5

Quote:
Line movement: The Super Bowl point spread opened at 4.5 or 5 at most Las Vegas sports books on Championship Sunday two weeks ago, but the line was bet down to 4 by later that evening. Most of those 4s became 3.5s after a few day of wagering, but 4s started popping back up this week and again became the most popular number around town. As of this Thursday afternoon posting, just two major Vegas shops -- the LVH SuperBook and the MGM have 3.5 posted, and the MGM has -120 juice attached to the 49ers.

The total opened as low as 49 as high as 51, but has been bet UNDER ever since. It sat at 48 at most shoos for much of the two weeks, but 47.5 has become the number throughout Las Vegas.

Recent meetings:

11/3/11 Ravens 16-6 (-3.5) at Baltimore

Trends to know:

--- The NFC is 5-0 ATS and 4-1 SU in the last five Super Bowls.
--- San Francisco is 25-11-1 ATS under Jim Harbaugh.
--- San Francisco is 5-1 ATS in its last six games vs. winning teams.
--- Baltimore is 4-1 ATS in its last five games vs. winning teams.
--- Baltimore is 4-0 ATS in its last four playoff games.
--- Over is 6-0 in San Francisco’s last six games.
--- Under is 4-1 in Baltimore’s last five games.
--- Over is 5-0 in San Francisco’s last five games vs. winning teams.
--- Under is 4-0 in Baltimore’s last four games on Fieldturf.
Team prop bets: http://sports.bovada.lv/sports-betti...team-props.jsp

Player prop bets: http://sports.bovada.lv/sports-betti...ayer-props.jsp

47 facts about Super Bowl XLVII
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Bowl XLVII Game Day thread

I've decided since this is the last real football game for a long time I should watch it. I'm not really interested in who wins though. The commercials will probably be more entertaining to me than the game itself.

However, to mark this unexceptional occasion I shall fry up some chipped beef in hot sesame chili oil until itís crisp and stiff like beef jerky. Then Iíll have some Teriyaki Beef sauce to dip it in.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #3
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the 49ers have the better team but I'm stuck thinking the Ravens will win a hard-fought nail-biter. 28-27 Ravens.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 167815 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I've decided since this is the last real football game for a long time I should watch it. I'm not really interested in who wins though. The commercials will probably be more entertaining to me than the game itself.

However, to mark this unexceptional occasion I shall fry up some chipped beef in hot sesame chili oil until it’s crisp and stiff like beef jerky. Then I’ll have some Teriyaki Beef sauce to dip it in.
I have every appetizer I can think of but no main dish. Oh, and beer. I'm set!

GO NINERS!!
Old 02-03-2013   #5
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 13881 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Go niners!!! That atmosphere their looks and sounds electric.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #6
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

In spite of having one of the most self-aggrandizing hotdogs who ever pulled
on a pair of shoulder pads ( and yea, he's also very likely a killer who beat a murder rap many years ago), I'm still pulling for the Ravens in no small part because of the X-Texans on the team and it's the AFC. And I like underdogs.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Go.... whoever wins the coin toss! (yeah, I haven't decided who I want to win yet.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2013   #8
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Jacoby, Leach, Pollard, Flacco, Lewis, Reed, and Rice. Get the Ring!
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 167815 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's get this lip-syncing over with and play some football.
Old 02-03-2013   #10
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh no! It's boger!!!!!

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ravens it is.

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Old 02-03-2013   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Ravens it is.
Where are you posting from today?
Old 02-03-2013   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Where are you posting from today?
Seattle. I leave for PDX tomorrow.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2013   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Seattle. I leave for PDX tomorrow.
Cool. I thought you were on the move already getting "dyslexic."
Old 02-03-2013   #15
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh look. A draw play on third and long. Gee, haven't seen that before

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #16
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

sack
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

The difference between Flacco before & after Cam Cameron is his willingness to throw up up there and let his receivers make a play/risk the turnover.

... and better playcalling.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #18
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
The difference between Flacco before & after Cam Cameron is his willingness to throw up up there and let his receivers make a play/risk the turnover.

... and better playcalling.
Mobility do wonder to QB
Old 02-03-2013   #19
Showtime100
Got AJ?

I guess punching and taunting are ok if you are on Ray and God's side....lol.

The Niner D really stepped up their pressure in that last sequence. If they keep it up Flacco will be ducking air like Schaub was doing this year.
Old 02-03-2013   #20
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I guess punching and taunting are ok if you are on Ray and God's side....lol.

The Niner D really stepped up their pressure in that last sequence. If they keep it up Flacco will be ducking air like Schaub was doing this year.
Niners are looking good right now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read