Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-02-2013   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default RGIII: Rookie of the Year

Quote:
Griffin was chosen by an Associated Press panel of media members, and his selection was officially announced at an NFL Honors event that will be broadcast by CBS later on Saturday night.

After a Heisman Trophy-winning 2011 season at Baylor, Griffin was selected with the second overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft by the Redskins. He was tremendous as a rookie, and he was the favorite to win the offensive rookie of the year award, although Colts quarterback Andrew Luck and Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson also would have been fine selections. Griffin got 29 votes from the 50-member panel, with Luck getting 11 and Wilson 10.
REST OF STORY
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 241303 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RGIII: Rookie of the Year

Congrats to RGIII. I hope he's okay.

Luck 11, Wilson 10?

Sorry, but Wilson was clearly the better ROY candidate imo. I'm not sure he didn't win it outright.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013   #3
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe the votes were in BEFORE the playoffs. Had they been cast I believe the results would be different in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

In just about any other year, Russell Wilson would have won ROY. In most years, the season that Andrew Luck had would have garnered the award. But in my eyes, Griffin had the best season a rookie QB has ever had. He was amazing.
Old 02-03-2013   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
In just about any other year, Russell Wilson would have won ROY. In most years, the season that Andrew Luck had would have garnered the award. But in my eyes, Griffin had the best season a rookie QB has ever had. He was amazing.
I think you can say the same for all three. Russell Wilson was as good as Griffin in every respect, though different, Andrew Luck's season was equally impressive.

I can't say anyone of them had "the best rookie season ever" but there's no doubt in my mind 2012 is going down in the history books.

I think the OROY vote should have been more evenly split.
Old 02-03-2013   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I can't say anyone of them had "the best rookie season ever"
Name the rookie QB that had the better season.
Old 02-03-2013   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Name the rookie QB that had the better season.
Imo it's Russell Wilson. I would think there are many who think it was Andrew Luck. They all had great seasons. But I think Wilson had the better season, not by much, but better.
Old 02-03-2013   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

^^^^
This

I would've voted Luck over Wilson though. Luck took a team that was in total rebuild mode and made the playoffs. Wilson had a great season and any other yr owuld have won the award. However the Seashawks were loaded and the QB (Wilson) was just the final piece.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #9
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Imo it's Russell Wilson. I would think there are many who think it was Andrew Luck. They all had great seasons. But I think Wilson had the better season, not by much, but better.
In what respect was WIlson better than Griffin. Griffin had more passing yards, more rushing yards, and a higher QB rating than Wilson. Griffin turned over the ball 7 times (amazing for a rookie) compared to Wilson's 13 (still very good). Luck was great in the 4th quarter, but a turnover machine otherwise.

I don't want to knock Wilson, or even Luck. They were outstanding. But by just about every metric, Griffin had the edge.
Old 02-03-2013   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Luck was great in the 4th quarter, but a turnover machine otherwise..
Luck was bipolar in the 4th. In the first half of the 4th he was pretty miserable (3 TD's 6 INT's) and then really good in the last 7 minutes of the 4th (4 TD's 1 INT).
Old 02-03-2013   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 241303 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

How good was this rookie class?

How many years would these two performances NOT with OROY???

-ALFRED MORRIS 1,613 YDS(100+ yds/game), 13 TDS

-DOUG MARTIN 1,454 YDS, 12 TDS
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

I don't want to knock Wilson, or even Luck. They were outstanding. But by just about every metric, Griffin had the edge.
If anything, it's the edge they are so close.

The main reason I would give the edge to Wilson, is because he was the one that took me most by surprise. When Luck & RG3 go 1&2 in the draft, there's a level of expectation that wasn't there with Wilson. Even though RG3 & Luck blew those expectations out of the water, Wilson went nuclear.

Though the numbers are comparable & Griffin's take the edge.... I think what Wilson accomplished is more impressive.
Old 06-11-2013   #13
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

SALISBURY, N.C. -- A few NFL points after a few days on the road:
Barring a setback, there's little doubt Robert Griffin III plays the opener. Griffin had major knee surgery 21 weeks ago. Washington's opener is 13 weeks from tonight. After watching him run sprints around the practice field Thursday, I agree with what Griffin said post-practice: "Without a doubt'' he thinks he'll be practicing with the team when it begins training camp in Richmond in late July ... and, of course, that he'll be ready to go Sept. 9 against the Eagles. Here's what Griffin did Thursday: He sprinted without a limp the 53-yard width of the end zone. Then, at nearly full speed, he planted his twice-surgically repaired right knee and pivoted left, up the sideline of the practice field. It wasn't the planting and cutting he'll have to do in games, of course. But it's close. I get zero sense that the team thinks he won't be ready to play Sept. 9.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2VubLupoM
Pretty remarkable comeback I'd say.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013   #14
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
SALISBURY, N.C. -- A few NFL points after a few days on the road:
Barring a setback, there's little doubt Robert Griffin III plays the opener.
Pretty remarkable comeback I'd say.
Good luck to him. Hopefully Shanny didn't wreck him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read