Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ticket Prices 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Middle of the pack compared to multiple states where their cost of living is higher, if not substantially higher, then ours & thus our tickets look cheaper, but apples to apples comparing cost of living in the areas & I bet we are climbing that ladder towards the upper portion of the list. It's getting ridiculous when some 500 sections are close to the $90 range & that's suppose to the cheaper area.
Don't know what you're trying to suggest but Boston is an expensive a$$ town to live in and they have close to the highest priced tickets in the NFL.

Quit bitchin' for the sake of bitchin'!!!
Old 01-29-2013   #22
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Don't know what you're trying to suggest but Boston is an expensive a$$ town to live in and they have close to the highest priced tickets in the NFL.

Yep. Face value for this view in Foxboro a couple weeks ago? $100.00

Same seat here would have been just about half of that.

Those seats at the very top of the upper deck were $100, too.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013   #23
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Lol! You kinda made my point. I'm simply saying that as the Texans continue to raise their prices they are slowly moving up the list compared to teams that are in areas where the cost of living is substantially higher then here in Houston. In other words, if the Pats fans pay more well that makes some sense when their cost of living is higher. Pretty simple concept. If we start getting close to them in price then its hardly apples to apples based on cost of living alone. The Texans are now above the average ticket price for the NFL & quickly approaching the $90 mark as the average price. Not necessarily a trend that many want to see nor is not a concern for all. So just because something you feel doesn't effect you doesn't always constitute it as only bitchin for the sake of bitchin. :
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013   #24
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post

Same seat here would have been just about half of that.

Those seats at the very top of the upper deck were $100, too.
How much were the ones where you took the pic? Just wondering?
Old 01-29-2013   #25
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't remember taking a picture, but I sit in the Bull Pen (field level) for about 60% of what that cost AND I live in Houston that is WAY less in cost of living.

AGAIN, in case you didn't get it (I hate ticket price increases), but relative to those places, this city and the Texans are doing okay.... Not great, but better than most..

PS... Glad it took you nearly an hour to round up stock photos. Impressive!
Old 01-29-2013   #27
tru80texan
Veteran

Quote:
Lol! Ok...I missed the "too" in your post. My bad. fair enough.
Old 01-29-2013   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Alright........ Maybe, I'm getting off point.

It happens.
Old 01-29-2013   #29
tru80texan
Veteran

Quote:
Don't remember taking a picture, but I sit in the Bull Pen (field level) for about 60% of what that cost AND I live in Houston that is WAY less in cost of living.

AGAIN, in case you didn't get it (I hate ticket price increases), but relative to those places, this city and the Texans are doing okay.... Not great, but better than most..

PS... Glad it took you nearly an hour to round up stock photos. Impressive!
Hmmmmm...we are going in two different directions. I thought it was a simple concept, but my version of "simple" obviously doesn't apply to all. I'm the one that is impressed...trust me.
Old 01-29-2013   #30
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Hmmmmm...we are going in two different directions. I thought it was a simple concept, but my version of "simple" obviously doesn't apply to all. I'm the one that is impressed...trust me.
We'll talk again, soon. I think you may be right that we were going in two different directions.

Texan_Bill ------>
Old 01-29-2013   #31
tru80texan
Veteran

Quote:
We'll talk again, soon. I think you may be right that we were going in two different directions.

Texan_Bill ------>
Lol! I'm sure we will & I can't wait. Have a good evening.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read