Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-28-2013   #41
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans earning respect of their peers at Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Just in case people forgot, there are 29 other teams not playing in the Super Bowl this year.
Yep, but I do not buy their merchandise, scream my lungs out in support and stay up nights mocking drafts for them. IMO, those other team are not beating us, it is the team I root for that is beating us. sigh
Old 01-28-2013   #42
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72763 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Yep, but I do not buy their merchandise, scream my lungs out in support and stay up nights mocking drafts for them. IMO, those other team are not beating us, it is the team I root for that is beating us. sigh
How many Super Bowls has PFM made it to in his 14 year career? How many Super Bowls has Baltimore made it to, a perennial playoff team?

Make the Super Bowl is damn hard. And some of you whine and ***** like we shoulda been there 5 times already.

Get over 2012 already, it's done with.
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013   #43
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
What the hell? You really just pulled up a thread months old?
Gotta love the archives CB. It's always a lot easier to quote someone when there own words are right there. Wasn't trying to blast you or anything, but people on this site lie all of the time about things they said or didn't say in the past. Much easier when you can pull their own words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Since when can people not change their mind??? Dp you even know the history of my handle? I wasn't always "Carr Bombed". I wanted to do just what you're doing now... walk around with my head in a dark stinky place ignoring the obvious. I wanted to believe as well, that doesn't mean I have to latch on to a sinking ship just because I unplugged my head and opened up my eyes.

You didn't pull up anything that was "hypocritical", all you did was pull up something from the past from someone who has had a change of opinion about (the QB of) his team. I do have a right to change my opinion don't I? You could go back in time and pull up posts from multiple posters who have changed their opinion on different topics. The fact that I made that thread just proves that no matter what I say, I'm a fan and root for my team and want the best for my team, but that doesn't mean I have to keep towing the company line when things become blatantly obvious to me. I have no problem admitting being wrong, but that also means I don't have to stay on one side, am cemented to one opinion, just because a thread was submitted into the Texanstalk memory bank. Your little "Gotcha post" reeks of desperation.. a hell of a LOT has changed since November.
I'm just saying that it seems a little hypocritical to bring up that game now as some sort of "change game" when at the time you were calling anyone who had a problem with the performance a cry baby and basically telling them to shut up. That was the exact game where Kubiak reared his ugly head once again, and refused to go for a 1st down on like a 3rd and 9 and put the team's chances on a kicker that couldn't hit jack from behind the 50 and cost us to lose the game, but fortunately the Lions couldn't finish. But there was a lot to criticize about that game and it a lot of it had to do with Kubiak.

Personally I found that thread a little surprising from you at the time, because you're usually very critical of this team in performances like that where the team plays really bad. I just don't see how you could reference that game now when you blasted anyone who breathed a word about it before. Do you still think that people were cry babies at the time now or would you say that some of the complaints were legit???
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read