Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-23-2013   #41
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you miss Jacoby Jones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I wouldn't have let him go in the first place. Leach either. But since we did, I hope they do well in the game and the Ravens win.
Vonta is a different story, IMO. Would liked to have had him this yr.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #42
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235719 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

No!

And neither do the hundreds of thousands of potheads in Houston who are grateful the supply/demand of marijuana in Harris County is back in balance since his departure.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #43
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

No. He's a good kick returner and once in a blue moon he'll make a big play.
Old 01-23-2013   #44
AJ-80
Veteran

Rep Power: 547 AJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
No. He's a good kick returner and once in a blue moon he'll make a big play.
*All-Pro* kick returner
AJ-80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I hope the karma train comes around and he drops the game winning touchdown in the superbowl, then the Ravens fans will feel the same we do about Jacoby.

Seemingly nice guy, just makes the big mistakes at the wrong time.
That says more about you than it does about Jacoby.
Old 01-24-2013   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
There's a reason Baltimore only used JJ as a #3. The "reduced pressure" on him to perform should have made the game easier. JJ had his big chance when AJ went out, he blew it. There are exactly Zero teams in the NFL who would use him as a #1 and damn few who'd consider him at a #2.
He is what he is. You draft these guys... he was a third round pick, & you hope for the bests. He's got the size & talent to be a #1, but there's a reason he was there in the third.

If he ends up just a #3, you're good.

I've never said he was anything other than a #3. I've said, & still believe if I have to choose between Walter & Jacoby to be my #2, I'm picking Jacoby, but I don't think either are true #2s.

We don't know who is our #3 receiver now. Didn't know who it would be over the last 6 weeks. Jacoby would have been great. He would have stretched the field & he's become an excellent downfield blocker, at least he was when he left.

Again, my answer was no, I don't miss Jacoby. But I never would have let him go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You clearly didn't pay to much attention to Jacoby while he was here if you have to ask that question. He consistently lacked focus and wasn't doing all of the things that he needed to do. He never improved here.

It's actually mind blowing that a thread like this even exists considering that we're talking about a player that was a bust on both of his contracts.
That was early in his career. I had not seen anything like that in his last couple of years here. Like I said, he was a knucklehead when he got here & a pro when he left.

I don't think it is any different with the guys we'd like to see, but Kubiak won't put on the field. Posey, KMart, LeStar. Same for Arian when he first got here. When Kubiak talks about them having to learn how to be a pro, that's what he's talking about.
Old 01-24-2013   #47
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's a reason Baltimore only used JJ as a #3. The "reduced pressure" on him to perform should have made the game easier. JJ had his big chance when AJ went out, he blew it. There are exactly Zero teams in the NFL who would use him as a #1 and damn few who'd consider him at a #2.
Besides the fact that Torrey Smith and Anquan Boldin are better than him, period.

Quote:
The bolded pretty well answers itself.
I just never thought it should be personal. Like when I fired an employee, it was about job performance, nothing more. I never make it personal. But since being a fan is such an emotional experience I guess some cannot seperate themselves from it (hating).
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013   #48
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

I miss him making his ass clap celebrating a rare TD.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013   #49
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
I just never thought it should be personal. Like when I fired an employee, it was about job performance, nothing more. I never make it personal. But since being a fan is such an emotional experience I guess some cannot seperate themselves from it (hating).
One of the results of being a die hard fan of a team is that you become emotionally invested in the team as well as certain players. We (fans) expect the coaching staff to put the best possible person (all things considered) in the best possible position to make our team as successful as possible. And when there is a less-than sterling performance, week after week--it's the natural result.

Some players we love, and others we hate. It's a fickle world--this whole sports fandom thing. Right now, JJ Watt is on top of the world in the realm of Texans fandom. But if he was busted buying dimebags of Crack outside a gay club on Montrose with a transvetite hooker in the car--some of us would feel the need to part ways with him, emotionally speaking. However, so long as he didn't feel the need to write: "Pay me Rick" on his cleats, most of us would still like him as long as he was getting it done on the field.

::\end rant::

Old 01-24-2013   #50
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Do you miss Jacoby Jones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Nice guy that I rooted for but probably one if not the most frustrating players for me to watch. No is my answer.
Exactly... I actually picked Jacoby as my "Adopt a Texan" a few years back. Even I lost confidence in him before the playoff game in Baltimore. Can't recall which game, but he muffed a punt & the announcers said Demeco Ryans glared at him as the defense went back on the field.

From then on, we all held our breath every time he was waiting for a punt & the Baltimore game wasn't the first time he fielded a punt on a bounce. He did that in the regular season & got away with it. We know what happened the next time.

I'm not mad at Jacoby & I wish him well; I'm glad he scored a TD against Denver & I'm glad Baltimore beat New England. That said, I don't miss him... I don't want to close my eyes every time we're waiting for a punt.
Old 01-26-2013   #51
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby is fool's gold. I dont miss him for a second. I dont miss wondering if he'll run it back for 60 yards or fumble. Do I miss him? Hell no. He had every opportunity and did very little for us. He's a tease and that's all he ever will be regardless of the 2-3 great plays a year he makes. He makes a dozen drive killing drops a year that cost games. People must've forgotten how undependable he was. Walter is boring and doesn't stetch the field...but at least he catches the damn ball the 3-4 times a game he's open.NEXT!
Old 01-26-2013   #52
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Easy question. No not at all. There are times when a player and a team should just cut ties with each other. Jacoby leaving was one of those times
Old 01-27-2013   #53
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1964 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess people forgot about having to hold their breath everytime a punt was in the air. I remember reading a story last year after the playoff loss where people set his jersey on fire in front of his house (which is despicable). Jacoby was not working here in Houston.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013   #54
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

The muffed punt was not why the Texans lost that game in Baltimore last year.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013   #55
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
The muffed punt was not why the Texans lost that game in Baltimore last year.
But it is the easiest thing for fans to cling to.

Old 01-28-2013   #56
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Keep telling yourself that ...
Sounds to me like you're defending Matt Schaub's subpar effort.

Old 01-28-2013   #57
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Sounds to me like you're defending Matt Schaub's subpar effort.
Actually he's defending TJ Yates' subpar performance. Although I don't believe Jacoby's mistake was the lone reason the Texans lost that game. The multiple turnovers by TJ & the brilliant decision by the HC & OC to go away from a running game that was shredding the Ravens defense contributed quite a bit to that loss as well. Jacoby's mistake was a momentum changer, but hardly the lone factor in that loss.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013   #58
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Actually he's defending TJ Yates' subpar performance. Although I don't believe Jacoby's mistake was the lone reason the Texans lost that game. The multiple turnovers by TJ & the brilliant decision by the HC & OC to go away from a running game that was shredding the Ravens defense contributed quite a bit to that loss as well. Jacoby's mistake was a momentum changer, but hardly the lone factor in that loss.
I was merely tapping into CK's venom and hatred of Schaub.

Aside from that, yeah I must admit that I'd forgotten about TJ being there. No worries, if it'd been Schaubie Baby under center, we'd have lost to the Bungles.

Old 01-28-2013   #59
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ Yates was a 5th round ROOKIE in a playoff game.

Jacoby Jones was supposed to be a 'seasoned' vet that understood the importance of his decisions and impact it could have on field position. That he gives up the ball on the 1 yard line for an easy Raven TD says it all.
Old 01-28-2013   #60
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Do you miss Jacoby Jones?

Yes I do.

Signed,

The football.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read