Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2013   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

What would be your guess as to why they are keeping him?
Same thing that kept HWWNBN so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
I'd say it's our HC's perceived unwillingness to let go of his guy. I understand Marciano has been here from the beginning, but I'd assume at this point, he's a guy Kubiak fully trusts and believes in.

None of us(I think) know what went on behind the scenes after the 2010 season, but I'm sure many believe Kubiak was almost goaded by Bob McNair to make the move and bring Wade Phillips in. You can argue it the other way too and say that the historically bad defensive results were enough to convince Kubiak to do it himself(but I doubt this).

So I guess the short answer is that they're possibly keeping him because that's just the kind of guy Kubiak is.
Marciano has not been able to adjust his scheme ever since his loss of the "wedge." Many a coach have lost their "edge" and their jobs for much the same reason.......because they could not adapt. It however is up to those above to be able to recognize such things and act on it accordingly....in a timely fashion......as most great teams do.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read