Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-24-2013   #141
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
SBs are never automatic. Rumor had it though the team leaders semi-revolted in between the 1st and 2nd Switzer season telling him they wanted to go back to JJ ball. You know Aikman transferred colleges to get away from Switzer? That was one of the most bizarre coaching selections ever - hey let's bring in a coach my star QB hates.
The recent "A Football Life" about Jimmy Johnson was very revealing in that regard. Many of those players sound like they still hold a grudge against Jerry Jones. And I believe those players when they feel cheated because they could have won more Super Bowls under Johnson.

Seeing the history between Jones, Johnson, and Switzer from Arkansas was interesting, and I think Jones was a bit vindictive in hiring Switzer to take over Johnson's team.

It makes sense about Aikman. That was Johnson's team that he built, and Switzer is that "exception to a rule" about a team winning in spite of it's head coach. He did not contribute to that team, but instead rode it's coattails. He wasn't even on the staff when he was hired. His 6-10 record in his fourth year says it all.
Old 01-25-2013   #142
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Back to Gary Ball now.

If there is anything that signals that this team is in trouble for the future, it's how we settled for FGs so often down the stretch.

We're all pretty in-tune with this team's ebb and flow, and so somebody please tell me what the running joke was--in the game day threads--the last month of the season?

Answers vary, but have the same tone:

"Dialing up a 3 burger in 3...2...1!"

"Here we go guys, we're in FG range now. Yessss!"

"Shocker, another FG."

Defenses, IMO, know that they can let Gary Ball defeat itself. Let it get down to the RZ, then tighten up your coverage and bottle up Foster...because for whatever reason, be it play calling or a lack of focus/killer instinct by the players, the offense rarely punches it into the EZ unless the defense has a complete lapse of awareness, i.e. "Beating up on the weak sisters" theory.

But hey, JJ Watt and our defense will turn around and get that ball back for Matt and boys. Oops, I forgot: That's not always automatic.

I think we COULD be in for a rude awakening in 2013. AJ will be a year older. We've lost Posey who was arguably our up-and-coming WR who has the hands, the route running, and the attitude when he catches the ball to do something with it. Who the hell knows, with certainty, if the OL will "gel" or not. Owen is beginning to battle weekly injuries. Garrett Graham is an unknown. We don't use Casey, and my gawd can you imagine this guy on a team like the Patriots??? Special teams will be Marciano's handiwork all over again, bank on it.

That leaves with the defense, and those guys were straight BLOWN UP in the middle...all the ILB injuries we sustained, which started with Cushing and went like dominoes thereafter. Brady James was a really bad gamble by Wade. He let his heart dictate his decision making there. JJ Watt needs help, and I don't think this team brings Antonio Smith back. I can see them putting Mitchell in his spot, then finding a NT solution out of thin air somehow.

Sorry to be a negative nelly, but this team--under the current leadership and facing the problems I stated above--I think we're in for a .500 season or slightly better, and I think we could even end up fighting for a WC playoff spot because I think the Colts retake the AFCS in 2013. Might be wrong, we might have a repeat of 2012 where we win the AFCS and the Colts get the WC spot again.

I just know that this team was settling for FGs the last month of the season, maybe with the exception of that last Titans game whereby the Titans royally handed us that game on a platter all day long. That's a look into the mindset of this team's character, specifically its genius HC Gary Kubiak. Settling for FGs, then expecting Wade to work his magic. Then coming back and...settling for FGs again. The white flag wasn't just waved in the Patriots game, it was still flapping in the wind the rest of the way (with the exception of the Bengals playoff game).
Old 01-25-2013   #143
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Back to Gary Ball now.

If there is anything that signals that this team is in trouble for the future, it's how we settled for FGs so often down the stretch.

We're all pretty in-tune with this team's ebb and flow, and so somebody please tell me what the running joke was--in the game day threads--the last month of the season?

Answers vary, but have the same tone:

"Dialing up a 3 burger in 3...2...1!"

"Here we go guys, we're in FG range now. Yessss!"

"Shocker, another FG."
We had red zone issues before Dennison got here. That was one of the things Dennison was supposed to help us figure out.

Our Red zone weapon of choice had been Arian Foster, who up until week 12 or 13 was getting into the endzone as well as anyone.

The only thing I can think of that changed, was that Ryan Harris got more playing time because Newton got hurt.
Old 01-25-2013   #144
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 201352 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Special teams will be Marciano's handiwork all over again, bank on it.
John McClain has already confirmed that last week on his 610 segment.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013   #145
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
John McClain has already confirmed that last week on his 610 segment.
This honestly makes me question some fundamental aspects of this front office.

Status quo is not going to make this team better.

In the words of Frank Zappa: "'Progress is not possible without deviation."

Right now, I'm cautiously optimistic about 2013. However, that's a fragile perspective, because there is nothing convincing that this team can repeat a 12 win season, all things considered.

Not making a crappy special teams unit upgrade is a bad sign for the future, IMO. Where is the accountability???
Old 01-25-2013   #146
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
This honestly makes me question some fundamental aspects of this front office.

Status quo is not going to make this team better.

In the words of Frank Zappa: "'Progress is not possible without deviation."

Not making a crappy special teams unit upgrade is a bad sign for the future, IMO. Where is the accountability???
Personally, I never believed that firing someone is an instant upgrade. I also never believed that is the only way to hold someone accountable.

I don't know what this FO is thinking. I don't know that Joe Marciano is coming back as ST coach. But if he was, I don't know that I would have a problem with that.

This organization is already facing criticism because we released two of the most electric kick returners of the 2012 season, while fielding one of the worse special teams.

The question I would ask is, "is Joe M a good coach or not?" If I believe he's a good coach, he's not going anywhere. If I do not have faith in him, he's gone.

Our opinion of Coach Joe may be very different than theirs for valid reasons. We only see what we see & they see a whole lot more.

There was a time when Special Teams was the only good part of this team. As both the offense & the defense improved, Special Teams progressively got worse.

Is Coach Joe picking his players, or is he being told what he will work with? That could be the biggest part of the problem right there.

Our STs in the play offs wasn't too shabby, once they got starters & other role players on ST.

So I'd be more worried about how they approach ST more than if there is a coaching change or not.
Old 01-25-2013   #147
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Personally, I never believed that firing someone is an instant upgrade. I also never believed that is the only way to hold someone accountable.

I don't know what this FO is thinking. I don't know that Joe Marciano is coming back as ST coach. But if he was, I don't know that I would have a problem with that.

This organization is already facing criticism because we released two of the most electric kick returners of the 2012 season, while fielding one of the worse special teams.

The question I would ask is, "is Joe M a good coach or not?" If I believe he's a good coach, he's not going anywhere. If I do not have faith in him, he's gone.

Our opinion of Coach Joe may be very different than theirs for valid reasons. We only see what we see & they see a whole lot more.

There was a time when Special Teams was the only good part of this team. As both the offense & the defense improved, Special Teams progressively got worse.

Is Coach Joe picking his players, or is he being told what he will work with? That could be the biggest part of the problem right there.

Our STs in the play offs wasn't too shabby, once they got starters & other role players on ST.

So I'd be more worried about how they approach ST more than if there is a coaching change or not.
The bolded pretty much speaks for itself regarding coach Joe.

The NFL is a results driven business. The fact that our special teams has become a huge liability is quite evident. Teams often replace good coaches because the players need a wake-up call.

You are right in that we can only see what we see, but what we see is the end product. Our average starting position was one of the worst in the NFL, iirc. That is additional strain on our offense where it should be giving them an advantage.

What would be your guess as to why they are keeping him?
Old 01-25-2013   #148
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The bolded pretty much speaks for itself regarding coach Joe.

The NFL is a results driven business. The fact that our special teams has become a huge liability is quite evident. Teams often replace good coaches because the players need a wake-up call.

You are right in that we can only see what we see, but what we see is the end product. Our average starting position was one of the worst in the NFL, iirc. That is additional strain on our offense where it should be giving them an advantage.

I'd say it's our HC's perceived unwillingness to let go of his guy. I understand Marciano has been here from the beginning, but I'd assume at this point, he's a guy Kubiak fully trusts and believes in.

None of us(I think) know what went on behind the scenes after the 2010 season, but I'm sure many believe Kubiak was almost goaded by Bob McNair to make the move and bring Wade Phillips in. You can argue it the other way too and say that the historically bad defensive results were enough to convince Kubiak to do it himself(but I doubt this).

So I guess the short answer is that they're possibly keeping him because that's just the kind of guy Kubiak is.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013   #149
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

If they keep him, then they believe he is a good coach & was put in a corner by decisions made above his paygrade. For all I know, Jacoby Jones & Trindon Holliday were the only players he wanted on special teams & they were the two Kubiak cut for reasons not pertaining to special teams.

Jacoby got cut because Kubiak was pissed that he muffed the punt or they had to get under the salary cap.

Trindon was cut because they needed the roster spot for someone who didn't finish the season on the active roster.

Most likely he wanted Ball, Braman, & if I remember, McMannis was pretty good too.

& he got stuck with Earl Mitchell.
Old 01-25-2013   #150
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 201352 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Same thing that kept HWWNBN so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
I'd say it's our HC's perceived unwillingness to let go of his guy. I understand Marciano has been here from the beginning, but I'd assume at this point, he's a guy Kubiak fully trusts and believes in.

None of us(I think) know what went on behind the scenes after the 2010 season, but I'm sure many believe Kubiak was almost goaded by Bob McNair to make the move and bring Wade Phillips in. You can argue it the other way too and say that the historically bad defensive results were enough to convince Kubiak to do it himself(but I doubt this).

So I guess the short answer is that they're possibly keeping him because that's just the kind of guy Kubiak is.
Marciano has not been able to adjust his scheme ever since his loss of the "wedge." Many a coach have lost their "edge" and their jobs for much the same reason.......because they could not adapt. It however is up to those above to be able to recognize such things and act on it accordingly....in a timely fashion......as most great teams do.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013   #151
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If they keep him, then they believe he is a good coach & was put in a corner by decisions made above his paygrade. For all I know, Jacoby Jones & Trindon Holliday were the only players he wanted on special teams & they were the two Kubiak cut for reasons not pertaining to special teams.

Jacoby got cut because Kubiak was pissed that he muffed the punt or they had to get under the salary cap.

Trindon was cut because they needed the roster spot for someone who didn't finish the season on the active roster.

Most likely he wanted Ball, Braman, & if I remember, McMannis was pretty good too.

& he got stuck with Earl Mitchell.
Actually we ALL (including us fans) wanted Jacoby cut from this team. We have only ourselves to blame for letting a pro bowl kick returner go to another team.

But like what others are saying, we only see game time... we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

At the same time, we had one of the worst STs in the league. Our team won't be that much different from last season, so it's hard to believe we'll get better in this regard. So I'm all for changing the coach. What's the worst that can happen? We rank last in STs? Oh wait... we're already there.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013   #152
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Actually we ALL (including us fans) wanted Jacoby cut from this team. We have only ourselves to blame for letting a pro bowl kick returner go to another team.

But like what others are saying, we only see game time... we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

At the same time, we had one of the worst STs in the league. Our team won't be that much different from last season, so it's hard to believe we'll get better in this regard. So I'm all for changing the coach. What's the worst that can happen? We rank last in STs? Oh wait... we're already there.
This may be true, but if you didn't fully expect Jacoby to drop that pass from Flacco then you either didn't watch him play much, or are lying. I don't think you're a liar so it must be the former. I was already laughing about the inevitable drop when I saw it was #12 waiting on the ball.

PS - Good for him and the Ravens. Was time for a change and we're both better off.
Old 01-26-2013   #153
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179094 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans front office moves like a glacier .

The Texans are committed to Kubiak's idea of what football should be . It's a finesse type running offense with a short to medium passing game based on play action to dominate the time of possession .

The problem is it's scheme over talent so when it comes down to having to make a play , there's not a bunch of physical mismatches .

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 01-26-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013   #154
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

The Texans are committed to Kubiak's idea of what football should . It's a finesse type running offense with a short to medium passing game based on play action to dominate the time of possession .

The problem is it's scheme over talent so when it comes down to having to make a play , there's not a bunch of physical mismatches .
Probably the most succinct, and descriptive explanation yet.

Old 01-26-2013   #155
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

The Texans are committed to Kubiak's idea of what football should be . It's a finesse type running offense with a short to medium passing game based on play action to dominate the time of possession .

Our offense is a west coast style offense, with a zone running scheme, and throws alot of play action to keep the defense honest. IMO, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this scheme. In regards to points scored per game, we have been top 10 for the past 4 seasons. In regards to yards, we have been top 10 in 4 of the last 5 seasons (last year, we missed top 10 by 4 yards a game most likely due to our situation at QB).

I have more of a concern with Kubiak's ability to make in-game adjustments, lack of creativity in the red-zone, and the FO's lack of investing talent in the offense.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013   #156
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179094 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Our offense is a west coast style offense, with a zone running scheme, and throws alot of play action to keep the defense honest. IMO, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this scheme. In regards to points scored per game, we have been top 10 for the past 4 seasons. In regards to yards, we have been top 10 in 4 of the last 5 seasons (last year, we missed top 10 by 4 yards a game most likely due to our situation at QB).

I have more of a concern with Kubiak's ability to make in-game adjustments, lack of creativity in the red-zone, and the FO's lack of investing talent in the offense.
West Coast and zone blocking are not exactly smash mouth football .

We score a bunch except when they need to . Why is this ... Cause a dominant fat guy in the middle kills the Texans . A shutdown CB hurts bad because it slows AJ . A team with both is the Texans offense's kryptonite .
Old 01-26-2013   #157
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In regards to yards, we have been top 10 in 4 of the last 5 seasons (last year, we missed top 10 by 4 yards a game most likely due to our situation at QB).
Our running game averaged 20.3 yards per game less (coincidentally the passing game averaged 20.3 yards per game more) and you are blaming the QB?
Old 01-26-2013   #158
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
This may be true, but if you didn't fully expect Jacoby to drop that pass from Flacco then you either didn't watch him play much, or are lying.
emm...... it's not like he dropped every pass thrown his way when he was here. Like other receivers, he dropped some, he caught some. That was the second time they went to him, the first time he dropped it. The second one... he was due.
Old 01-26-2013   #159
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby wasn't going to do squat in the return game if he stayed here. Too many block in the back penalties would nullify any returns.

I imagine special teams will still suck and then in playoff time(if we get there) we will stick manning back there again
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013   #160
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
In regards to yards, we have been top 10 in 4 of the last 5 seasons (last year, we missed top 10 by 4 yards a game most likely due to our situation at QB).
After reading this, I decided to do a little research. Didn't come up with anything relevant, but I did notice something.

Only 5 top ten QBs, in passing yards, were in the play offs. Brady, Ryan, Manning, Luck, Rogers..... Four of the 5 made it to the divisional round. 2 made it to the Conference Championship round. None of them made it to the Super Bowl.

Same stats, only 2 top 5 QBs were in the play offs. Brady & Ryan. both made it to the Conference Championship.

The top 3 QBs from 2012, Brees, Stafford, Romo, were on non winning teams (Cowboys 8-8 was the best of the bunch). The top 10 QBs that didn't make the play offs, Brees, Stafford, Romo, Freeman, Palmer, Also on losing teams.

Doesn't mean anything...... just thought it was interesting.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read