Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-24-2013   #1
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans draft plans

I FOUND THIS ARTICLE THAT GIVES SOME PRETTY GOOD INSIGHT INTO THE TEXAN'S DRAFT PLANS.

By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

With all the general managers, coaches and scouts in attendance at the Senior Bowl, there is a lot of chatter going around. Here are some of the highlights from the rumor mill on the second day.

WalterFootball.com has heard from sources that the Texans would prefer to draft for their defensive front seven and offensive line. Their zone blocking system probably won't require them to go with an offensive lineman early, but they could target some young depth there in the mid-rounds. Houston has the mindset of going with the best player available, and the front of the defense sounds like an area they would prefer to address. Inside linebacker and the defensive line are the top priorities in the front seven.

PERSONALLY I HOPE WE DRAFT JOHN JENKINS BUT HE IS REALLY SHOWING UP AT THE SENIOR BOWL. I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF THE COLTS GIVE HIM A SERIOUS LOOK BECAUSE THEY ARE SWITCHING TO A 3-4. ANYWAYS I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THIS ARTICLE.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans draft plans

Thanks for posting and pretty much goes with my thoughts. I just don't see a NT available in first that I want. Beerlover my mock partner likes Kawaan Short & I hope to watch him in Seniors Bowl. Same with ILB.
Old 01-25-2013   #3
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans draft plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
I FOUND THIS ARTICLE THAT GIVES SOME PRETTY GOOD INSIGHT INTO THE TEXAN'S DRAFT PLANS.

By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

With all the general managers, coaches and scouts in attendance at the Senior Bowl, there is a lot of chatter going around. Here are some of the highlights from the rumor mill on the second day.

WalterFootball.com has heard from sources that the Texans would prefer to draft for their defensive front seven and offensive line. Their zone blocking system probably won't require them to go with an offensive lineman early, but they could target some young depth there in the mid-rounds. Houston has the mindset of going with the best player available, and the front of the defense sounds like an area they would prefer to address. Inside linebacker and the defensive line are the top priorities in the front seven.

PERSONALLY I HOPE WE DRAFT JOHN JENKINS BUT HE IS REALLY SHOWING UP AT THE SENIOR BOWL. I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF THE COLTS GIVE HIM A SERIOUS LOOK BECAUSE THEY ARE SWITCHING TO A 3-4. ANYWAYS I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THIS ARTICLE.

Um pretty much what I have been saying for awhile now.
Old 01-25-2013   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106609 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Latimer, RB, from South Carolina. Busted knee and all. Dude can play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read