Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-19-2013   #141
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179094 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Holy Cow - Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend is a HOAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I stopped reading after this part... Effin' laughable and it's as unreasonable as not going to the love of your life's funeral or visit them at the hospital...like once. Just friggin once? Dude sounds more like a pathological liar to me. Took them a few days to come up with a story....and right off the bat its ridiculous.
If I would have been done like that , I try to schedule a cage match with that dude for charity .
Old 01-19-2013   #142
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Diane O'meara is the name of the lady in the picture. She is very much alive and shocked by the hoax of someone using her picture

http://www.rightentertainment.com/?p=8728
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #143
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Manti's off camera interview...
Quote:
In April she was said to be in a car accident and while receiving treatment, doctors supposedly learned that she had leukemia. She was said to have died on Sept. 12.
Te'o said it never occurred to him to go to the hospital or to Kekua's funeral when she died.
"It never really crossed my mind. I don't know. I was in school," Te'o said.
Never crossed his mind? Please, there were probably tons of people asking him when the funeral was and why he wasn't going to show up. Dude is a pathological liar

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...AMEcHQD;_ylv=3

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #144
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Te'o said it never occurred to him to go to the hospital or to Kekua's funeral when she died.
"It never really crossed my mind. I don't know. I was in school," Te'o said.
That misrepresents the interview.

Here he had just been told the fake girl was supposedly in the hospital in a coma in LA:
Quote:
MANTI TE'O: So they were saying -- they were telling me, 'Bro, she recognized your voice. We know she's there. We know she can hear you.' She would quicken her voice. And I heard it on the phone. They would do it to me. And so that was my communication while she was in a coma.

JEREMY SCHAAP: Why at that time did you not go see her?

MANTI TE'O: It never really crossed my mind. I don't know. I was in school. I was finishing up my year and I was going home. It was towards the end of my junior year. End of my junior year, and I was about to go home. When I decided to go home, the day that I decided to -- the day I left to go home -- they called me and said that that was the same day that they were going to pull the plug. And so it intensifies the whole thing. I'm on the plane. I figured they're about to pull the plug on someone.
From the interview question about the funeral:
Quote:
JEREMY SCHAAP: Why didn't you go to Lennay's funeral?
MANTI TE'O: Because Lennay's funeral was the same day of the Michigan game.

And because, before Lennay passed away, we had a conversation where she asked me if she passed away, if I could go to her funeral? I told her no, I'm not going to talk like that. I'm not going to talk like that. She said tell me this, if anything happens, promixe me that you'll send me white roses and say you'll play. She said all I want is white roses.

And leading up to the funeral, her siblings kept telling me that their mom told them she didn't want me to come. They didn't want -- and I didn't want myself -- I didn't want that to be the first time that I saw her was lying in a coffin. That's why I didn't go.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #145
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

We already know that but he answered "it didn't cross my mind"...which frankly is another lie. Dude is a pathological liar.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #146
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
We already know that but he answered "it didn't cross my mind"...which frankly is another lie. Dude is a pathological liar.
Unfortunately I agree...... He's got all these excuses of why he didn't do this and didn't do that. For a guy with a 3.5 GPA at Notre Dame he's doing a great job of playing dumb. Thing is people aren't buying it. I still don't think he had anything to do with the hoax, but he's lied so much that he looks ridiculous now.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #147
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

so how good will teo be at disguising his blitzes and coverages
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #148
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

totally not safe for work or young ones, but this site and link make this thread absolutely hilarious to me.

http://www.gizoogle.net/index.php?se...le+Dis+Shiznit
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #149
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
totally not safe for work or young ones, but this site and link make this thread absolutely hilarious to me.

That was great! LOL!
Old 01-19-2013   #150
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Gettin' straight jiggy wit' it yo!

Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #151
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Someone rep this man for me, that was awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-21-2013   #152
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

The Smoking Gun -- Manti Te'o Is A Rube, Not A Hoax Coconspirator

"Proof of life" Twitter photos key to bizarre scam

Quote:
JANUARY 18--While Manti Te’o did himself no favors by hitting the mattresses in the wake of this week’s Deadspin report, there is compelling evidence--at least to TSG’s eyes--that the Notre Dame star was the victim of the remarkable hoax and not a coconspirator.

In a story packed with bizarre details and inexplicable behavior, it is key to focus on the actions last month of Te’o and Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, the 22-year-old California man who invented “Lennay Kekua,” the fictitious woman with whom Te’o, 21, maintained an online romance/relationship. Until, of course, “Kekua” died last September of leukemia.

As part of the “Kekua” hoax, Tuiasosopo established a Twitter account for the fake woman. The account, which has carried several different names since its inception in 2011, was most recently @LoveMSMK (until it was deleted earlier this month).

As Deadspin reported, the account included several Twitpics purporting to show "Kekua," an attractive brunette who appeared to be in her early 20s (one Te’o tweet indicated that she turned 22 last February 14, Valentine’s Day).

But the “Kekua” photos were actually images that had been taken from the Facebook and Instagram accounts of Diane O’Meara, a 23-year-old Los Angeles marketing executive. When interviewed by Deadspin, O’Meara identified Tuiasosopo as a former high school classmate whom she remembered fondly, but had not been in touch with since graduation.

Until last month.

Tuiasosopo, O’Meara recalled, contacted her on Facebook with a strange request. As Deadspin reported, Tuiasosopo claimed that his cousin “had been in a serious car accident, and he had seen her photos before and thought she was pretty. Would she be so kind as to take a picture of herself holding up a sign reading ‘MSMK,’ to put in a slideshow to support the cousin's recovery?”

Though puzzled by the request, O’Meara agreed and sent Tuiasosopo a photo showing herself holding a white piece of paper with the handwritten letters “MSMK” (the meaning of which O’Meara had no clue). As seen below, the photo of O’Meara with the sign was subsequently uploaded last month to the @LoveMSMK Twitter account’s profile. Te'o last September told Sports Illustrated that “Kekua”’s first name was actually Melelengei, so perhaps “MSMK” is a reference to her initials. [It is.]

The addition of the photograph was not a random act on the part of Tuiasosopo, but rather a clear attempt by the hoax’s mastermind to establish “proof of life” for “Kekua,” who had purportedly died three months earlier.
Quote:
If Te’o was somehow involved in the hoax, there would have been no need for Tuiasosopo to scheme to obtain a fresh photo of O’Meara. Or to upload that December image to the “Kekua” Twitter account. He did it simply in a bid to further bamboozle the stunningly naïve Te’o.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...eo-rube-984703
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #153
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

@jamiemottram: Te'o's mom tried to convert his fake GF to Mormonism via text. usat.ly/YhQfyV
Old 01-24-2013   #154
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Holy Cow - Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend is a HOAX

Don't have a link, the conspirator claims to have also faked using a female voice and it was him that Te'o had been talking to.

Please let Te'o be gay. It's the only thing that makes any sense at this point.

Otherwise - W. T. F.?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013   #155
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

For those who have never been catfished, this is a good read:
http://entertainment.time.com/2013/0...ng-to-catfish/

Also, those who ask - what is the end game? Some times it really is just attention:
http://entertainment.time.com/2013/0...83435046150253
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 01-24-2013   #156
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Don't have a link, the conspirator claims to have also faked using a female voice and it was him that Te'o had been talking to.

Please let Te'o be gay. It's the only thing that makes any sense at this point.

Otherwise - W. T. F.?
He's gay.

It's how they are going to explain roniah's phone number being all on teo's phone log.

They are lovers. Roniah is taking the fall for Teo.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013   #157
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

This is just so damn weird.

Quote:
Manti Te'o was talking to man

The woman whose picture was used to create Manti Te'o's fake girlfriend has been identified, but the voice of the woman who had hours of late-night phone calls with the Notre Dame star linebacker has remained silent. Turns out that's because it reportedly was a man.

The lawyer for the man who has been identified as behind the hoax, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, told the New York Daily News that his client disguised his voice and assumed the identity of Lennay Kekua to try to develop a relationship with Te'o.

Milton Grimes said that Te'o "thought it was a female he was talking with. It was Ronaiah as Lennay."

Grimes said that Tuiasosopo wasn't trying to hurt Te'o.

"This wasn't a prank to make fun," Grimes said, according to the newspaper. "It was establishing a communication with someone. ... It was a person with a troubled existence trying to reach out and communicate and have a relationship."

Grimes wouldn't characterize the type of relationship Tuiasosopo wanted with the Heisman Trophy runner-up.

"I wouldn't describe his issues at this time," he said to the Daily News.

How could he get away with it, though? Tuiasosopo, 22, has had dramatic training, plays in a Christian band and even auditioned last year for the television show "The Voice."

"Come on, Hollywood does it all the time," Grimes said of his client pretending to be a woman. "People can do that."

The ruse apparently worked for many, many hours on the phone. A source close to Te'o gave ESPN's Jeremy Schaap documents that the source says are Te'o's AT&T phone records from May 11 to Sept. 12, the date that Kekua was supposed to have died of leukemia. The logs are not originals, but spreadsheets sent via emails, and could not be independently verified.

The records show that in that four-month span -- when Te'o has said he believed Kekua to be in a Los Angeles hospital recovering from an accident and being treated for cancer -- Te'o made and received more than 1,000 calls totaling more than 500 hours in length from the same number in the 661 area code. The 661 area code covers Lancaster, Calif., which is part of Los Angeles County. The source told Schaap that Te'o believed the 661 phone number in question was Kekua's.
Of these calls, 110 were more than 60 minutes in length, including several that were several hundred minutes long. In an ESPN interview Friday, and in interviews with both ESPN and Sports Illustrated last fall, Te'o said he was on the phone "every single night" with a person he believed to be Kekua, often for long stretches late at night.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...king-manti-teo
Old 01-24-2013   #158
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sorry, until T'eo actually comes completely clean I'm not buying half this stuff. Why are people like Couric and others neglecting to ask him about the "first meeting" at Stanford and the meeting in Hawaii. We already know they didn't happen. We also know that the newspaper reports...which were widespread..explained these meetings in detail. It was later reported that the details came from his Dad. So where did his Dad get those details? And Manti knew those articles and facts were circulating for the whole season since "her death" in Week 4 so why not correct it then. "That's not how we met, it was an online thing." So he basically let that lie ride for a full season...months. Then he lets it go some more after he finds out it wasn't real. I just think there are many hidden lies and I refuse to call the guy a victim.
Old 01-24-2013   #159
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Add some more suspicion to the story:

Quote:
Inexplicably, Notre Dame didn’t ask linebacker Manti Te’o to produce cell phone records corroborating the contention that he spent countless hours on the phone with his fake deal girlfriend.

There likewise had been no mention of objective proof of extensive and lengthy calls in any of the reporting from ESPN.

Now, ESPN reports that a “source close to Te’o” has produced the cell phone records. Sort of.

While the online story isn’t clear, Mike Hill of SportsCenter has explained that the source didn’t produce the actual phone records but spreadsheets based on the raw data. The spreadsheets show that, from May 11 through September 12, Te’o made more than 1,000 calls to a number in the 661 area code, where Lennay Kekua supposedly lived. Of the calls, 110 lasted for more than 60 minutes.

That’s fine, but it’s meaningless without the actual records. Te’o has claimed that he spent long stretches overnight on the phone with Kekua while she slept in a hospital bed. It doesn’t matter if there are 110 calls of more than an hour in length if there isn’t a single one that lasted, say, six hours. The report from ESPN doesn’t say whether the spreadsheet sheds light on that point.

Put simply, producing anything other than the actual records serves only to raise more suspicions in a case that already has plenty of them.

The only way out of this latest maze created by Te’o's camp is to produce the records
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...phone-records/
Old 01-24-2013   #160
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Add some more suspicion to the story:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...phone-records/
Who the eff is this guy's agent?
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read