Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-23-2013   #1
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 30463 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Drafting Tyron Smith over JJ Watt (Cowboys)

This is a view from one of the Dallas radio guys on the Cowboys first round pick in 2011. Might be interesting to us because it is made in comparison to drafting JJ Watt instead.

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/2013...r-jj-watt.html

Quote:
Is Watt a better player than Tyron Smith right now? Absolutely. Watt was given consideration for league MVP in many circles, whereas Tyron looks to be the Cowboys best offensive lineman and a real building block for the future.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #2
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120415 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Drafting Tyron Smith over JJ Watt (Cowboys)

I Dreadford Headdington III,
would like to make the following statement. While my emnity towards the Dallas Cowboy organization has become legendary almost to the point of being cartoonish I must state that they make the game of football fascinating for me.
They to me are the shifty guy in the black hat in westerns who is terrorizing the townfolk who must be take care of by the hero on a white horse. He is the thug terrorizing the small villiage who in the end is vanquished by Yojimbo.
Each time the Dallas Cowboy front office does something EXCRUCIATINGLY STUPID that doesn't result in someone being hospitalized or killed I laugh until I'm light-headed and nauseaous and if whatever that is winds up costing them SEVERAL football games it becomes even MORE funny. Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
Dreadford Headdignton III
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

what Watt does is flat out game changing. But with thst said, we have our left tackle and they have ware (not that ware and watt wouldnt wreck havok or brown and smith wouldnt be be good bookends)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #5
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
This is a view from one of the Dallas radio guys on the Cowboys first round pick in 2011. Might be interesting to us because it is made in comparison to drafting JJ Watt instead.

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/2013...r-jj-watt.html
Bob's Blog is good but it's no Bob Loblaw's Law Blog.
Old 01-23-2013   #6
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 30463 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Bob's Blog is good but it's no Bob Loblaw's Law Blog.
Lol. Offtopic, but I'm psyched about the show coming back this spring. Netflix only, I think.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013   #7
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Watt is a tremendous talent and 2012 was an incredible year for him, so good in fact I'd say he's more likely not to have instead of have another season that great. I'm a fan, but I'm just saying that a repeat of the past season certainly statistically speaking is a long-shot.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-27-2013   #8
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Like an above poster said, they already had Ware and had a horrible O-Line. Can't blame them for taking Smith. That's what happens when you draft for need.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013   #9
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Like an above poster said, they already had Ware and had a horrible O-Line. Can't blame them for taking Smith. That's what happens when you draft for need.
Really at the time, Smith was largely regarded as the better prospect and if anything Watt a slight, but not crazy reach.

Smith has not been a bust and absoultely nobody thought Watt was capable of pulling off one of the great individual defensive years ever.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read