Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-23-2013   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default David Hunter NT

David Hunter NT 6-2 303 23 R

Hunter season ended early with a toe injury. I have been working on mocks for Houston and I started thinking about this kid again. Hunter had hustle and seemed to be gaining Wades favor. What are your guys thoughts on Hunter?
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: David Hunter NT

Almost nothing on him. Keep him around another year but cannot depend on him developing soon. If Brandon Williams is there in third he's mine.
Old 01-23-2013   #3
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14564 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

dude i'm convinced NT is the biggest weakness on this D. gotta get that push up the middle. how many times did qbs just step up in a collapsing pocket. just need something above average at qb and NT. stuck with qb, NT upgrade could have a huge upside
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #4
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
dude i'm convinced NT is the biggest weakness on this D. gotta get that push up the middle. how many times did qbs just step up in a collapsing pocket. just need something above average at qb and NT. stuck with qb, NT upgrade could have a huge upside
im not convinced, i believe its a need but not so much as others.
for instance when QBs are generally stepping up in the pocket we are playing watt and smith inside and barwin and reed outside i.e. No NT.

i guess this poses the question, is this because wade likes playing like this or because he doesnt have a good enough NT.

my thoughts are grab a run stuffing NT in the 3-4 round and use him on first and 2nd down. we already have a penetrating NT in earl mitchell.
unless there is a guy high on your board who falls and you take BPA
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #5
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14564 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
im not convinced, i believe its a need but not so much as others.
for instance when QBs are generally stepping up in the pocket we are playing watt and smith inside and barwin and reed outside i.e. No NT.

i guess this poses the question, is this because wade likes playing like this or because he doesnt have a good enough NT.

my thoughts are grab a run stuffing NT in the 3-4 round and use him on first and 2nd down. we already have a penetrating NT in earl mitchell.
unless there is a guy high on your board who falls and you take BPA
Is earl Mitchell really getting it done? It's not run stuffing we need. It's the third down and longs we can't stop
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Almost nothing on him. Keep him around another year but cannot depend on him developing soon. If Brandon Williams is there in third he's mine.
Agreed about Williams,

Although a NT only plays about 40% of the time, Williams is too good to pass up in the 3rd. He's got 1st rd talent that just needs to be developed.

BTW, tell me what you think about NT Montori Hughes? He seems like he would be a good late rd flyer type guy. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #7
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this team missed Tim Jamison. He really played well last year for us and was a playmaker along with JJ Watt late in the season. If he's healthy he can be a valuable contributor to our defense.
Old 01-24-2013   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Is there any way we can go back in time and draft Mike Martin instead of Posey?
Old 01-24-2013   #9
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I think this team missed Tim Jamison. He really played well last year for us and was a playmaker along with JJ Watt late in the season. If he's healthy he can be a valuable contributor to our defense.
Jamison could be the justification for cutting A.Smith. Then draft a back up.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013   #10
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I've thought this as well. I think his injury contributed to more snaps for Watt & Smith and may have caused them increased fatigue down the stretch.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
Old 01-25-2013   #11
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Is there any way we can go back in time and draft Mike Martin instead of Posey?
Boy, I wish the Texans would have taken Martin. I like Posey and think he he could develop in to a pretty good WR, depending on the outcome of his injury of course. But I really wanted them to take Martin and thought he would be ideal for Wade's defense. Unfortunately, there is no way to go back in time that I know of.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read