Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-23-2013   #221
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218620 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Where does Matt rank with QBs in playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
Dude, at the end of the day, the Ravens are in the Super Bowl and we exited in the 2nd round. Shaub sucks and Flacco is a significantly better QB than him.
I agree that Flacco has played better in the play offs than Schaub. I'll agree that Flacco right now, is a better QB than Schaub.

I do not agree that Flacco is a better QB than Schaub because he is in the Super Bowl & Matt exited in the second round. Peyton Manning & Aaron Rogers both exited in the second round and are both better QBs than Joe Flacco.

I don't think Schaub sucks. Blaine Gabbert sucks, John Skelton sucks. Mark Sanchez sucks. But I don't think Schaub is the best type of QB for this team. Matt Schaub is not the kind of QB I want leading my team. But I don't think Matt Schaub sucks.
Old 01-23-2013   #222
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
...Is it just me or does it seem that MS takes a long time to get rid of the ball and then it goes really slow. Can anyone put Ms vs another QB releasing the ball so that each starts at same time. If so pick a 30 yard pass so we can see comparison. Also how quickly ball arrives to target. Maybe already done on a website.
I'm sure his tempo makes him a great golfer, he looks like he is lining up a putt on the final hole of the Master's.

His thoughts might go something like this:
These guys are getting close.
Dre is open.
Do I have enough room to throw?
Has the defender gotten closer to Dre?
I wonder what camera angle NBC is using right now? Is it on me or Dre?
I miss the roof being open, does everyone know I married a cheerleader?
Dre is a great receiver...is there still enough room to throw?
Are my feet set, I guess he'll have to come back and get this one....
He throws.

Flacco's thoughts.
Boldin is covered in the end zone.
I'll put it up high, "go get it"
He throws.
Old 01-23-2013   #223
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
yeah my bad, i'd had a few bourbons and felt like being disagreeable.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #224
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I agree that Flacco has played better in the play offs than Schaub. I'll agree that Flacco right now, is a better QB than Schaub.

I do not agree that Flacco is a better QB than Schaub because he is in the Super Bowl & Matt exited in the second round. Peyton Manning & Aaron Rogers both exited in the second round and are both better QBs than Joe Flacco.

I don't think Schaub sucks. Blaine Gabbert sucks, John Skelton sucks. Mark Sanchez sucks. But I don't think Schaub is the best type of QB for this team. Matt Schaub is not the kind of QB I want leading my team. But I don't think Matt Schaub sucks.
He does suck. And this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Flacco is in the SB. I've always thought he was a better QB. You'd be hard pressed to find any football guy outside of Kubiak who thinks the opposite. He has a better skill set than Shaub and bigger balls I might add as it pertains to throwing the ball downfield.To think otherwise is being a homer dude, sorry to say. Schaub is a bus driver for us. He cannot be called upon to win games for us, like Flacco has. We are better playing with a lead, leaning of Foster, and asking Matt to manage the game, not win the game. He is incapable of carrying this team on his back the way better QBs in this league can.
Texcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #225
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121638 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Numero Uno
are you saying #1 because he pissed away so many golden opportunities? Hey Schlaub...thanks for the "golden shower" ...ya bum.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #226
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He does suck. And this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Flacco is in the SB. I've always thought he was a better QB. You'd be hard pressed to find any football guy outside of Kubiak who thinks the opposite. He has a better skill set than Shaub and bigger balls I might add as it pertains to throwing the ball downfield.To think otherwise is being a homer dude, sorry to say. Schaub is a bus driver for us. He cannot be called upon to win games for us, like Flacco has. We are better playing with a lead, leaning of Foster, and asking Matt to manage the game, not win the game. He is incapable of carrying this team on his back the way better QBs in this league can.
Schaub is in the pro-bowl this year, Flacco is not. So I'd say there are alot of football people out there that think Schaub is better than Flacco.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #227
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Schaub is in the pro-bowl this year, Flacco is not. So I'd say there are alot of football people out there that think Schaub is better than Flacco.
LMAO, that is your "argument" As a replacement, yeah. But who cares, I'd rather have my team in the SB than have a replacement "pro-bowl" QB.

But here is the finer point. Flacco has been to 5 straight playoffs, Shaub 1. Flacco has an 8-4 playoff record(6 wins on the road). Shaub 1-1. And Flacco plays bigger in big games, while Shaub shrinks in big games.

Its an absolute joke to think Schaub is better than Flacco...an absolute joke.
Old 01-23-2013   #228
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
woah dude, give me your keys. for real
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #229
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm surprised to see there are so many people in here willing to take Matt Ryan over Schaub. You guys do realize after 4 trips to the playoffs, Ryan finally won one yesterday? And it took a miracle comeback to win it.
You do realize that in his 5 years in the NFL, that Ryan got his team to playoffs 4 times?

In his 6 years here, Schaub whiffed it for the first 4 years, then finally got the Texans there twice. And it took a miracle by TJ Yates to clinch the first one.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #230
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LMAO, that is your "argument" As a replacement, yeah. But who cares, I'd rather have my team in the SB than have a replacement "pro-bowl" QB.

But here is the finer point. Flacco has been to 5 straight playoffs, Shaub 1. Flacco has an 8-4 playoff record(6 wins on the road). Shaub 1-1. And Flacco plays bigger in big games, while Shaub shrinks in big games.

Its an absolute joke to think Schaub is better than Flacco...an absolute joke.
Quote:
woah dude, give me your keys. for real
Re-read my post. I did not state any opinions, I did not say Schaub is better than Flacco. I simply stated a fact in response to the statement "You'd be hard pressed to find any football guy outside of Kubiak who thinks the opposite."

The fact that Schaub got voted into the Pro-Bowl, over Flacco, shows that more "football people" do think Schaub was better than Flacco this season.

I did not state my opinion, just a fact, that there are alot of football people outside of Kubiak who thinks Schaub is better than Flacco.
Old 01-23-2013   #231
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
You do realize that in his 5 years in the NFL, that Ryan got his team to playoffs 4 times?

In his 6 years here, Schaub whiffed it for the first 4 years, then finally got the Texans there twice. And it took a miracle by TJ Yates to clinch the first one.
Schaub can get our current team in the playoffs, I don't think there's any arguing this. We need a QB that can get us to the next level (the SB). Matt Ryan hasn't proven he can do this.
Old 01-23-2013   #232
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Schaub can get our current team in the playoffs, I don't think there's any arguing this. We need a QB that can get us to the next level (the SB). Matt Ryan hasn't proven he can do this.
Of course there's no arguing that. He just did it.

But Schaub has failed to get us to a Conferenece Championship game at all...

Ryan has at least gotten his team to that point.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #233
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re-read my post. I did not state any opinions, I did not say Schaub is better than Flacco. I simply stated a fact in response to the statement "You'd be hard pressed to find any football guy outside of Kubiak who thinks the opposite."

The fact that Schaub got voted into the Pro-Bowl, over Flacco, shows that more "football people" do think Schaub was better than Flacco this season.

I did not state my opinion, just a fact, that there are alot of football people outside of Kubiak who thinks Schaub is better than Flacco.
VY was a probowl qb. Probowl is wack. Yeah I said it, VY was a probowl qb. Schaub was a probowl MVP. Where's that gotten us?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #234
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Quote:

Don't back track your self serving comments. You are qualifying your statement that Shaub is better than Flacco by simply stating he made the pro-bowl because you responded to my analysis that Flacco is better and Schaub is a bus driver type QB.

By the way, pro-bowl voting is largely fan voting, starts MID SEASON and ends in November, and it is well documented that players and coaches don't really care because they have to vote for players on the opposite side of the ball only.

But back to the main point. Flacco tore through these last 3 playoff games to a tune of 853 yards, 8 TDs, 0 INTs, 115 QB rating.....he carried his team, making huge plays down field. Something Schaub can't do.
Old 01-23-2013   #235
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
VY was a probowl qb. Probowl is wack. Yeah I said it, VY was a probowl qb. Schaub was a probowl MVP. Where's that gotten us?
I agree with you there, the probowl is whack! But it doesn't change the fact... when football players and coaches were asked to pick a QB, there were more votes for Schaub rather than Flacco. So yes, there are alot of "football people" who prefer Schaub.

You can't even blame this on dumb fans, because it looks like Schaub was 5th in fan voting.
Old 01-23-2013   #236
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
VY actually made it twice...what does that tell you!

But like I said I'd take making the SB on the arm of a very good QB, over my team having a replacement bus driving, PB QB and exiting in the 2nd round....
Old 01-23-2013   #237
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Don't back track your self serving comments. You are qualifying your statement that Shaub is better than Flacco by simply stating he made the pro-bowl because you responded to my analysis that Flacco is better and Schaub is a bus driver type QB.

By the way, pro-bowl voting is largely fan voting, starts MID SEASON and ends in November, and it is well documented that players and coaches don't really care because they have to vote for players on the opposite side of the ball only.

But back to the main point. Flacco tore through these last 3 playoff games to a tune of 853 yards, 8 TDs, 0 INTs, 115 QB rating.....he carried his team, making huge plays down field. Something Schaub can't do.
Once again... re-read my post. I did NOT say I think Schaub is better than Flacco. I can't change how you'll interpret my posts, so I may be wasting my time.

Also, pro-bowl voting is only 1/3rd fan voting, so it is NOT largely fan voting. Plus, if you see in my previous post, it looks like Schaub was 5th in fan voting. So he did not get some type of overwhelming response from the fans.

These are the facts... the NFL asked players & coaches to pick a QB to represent the AFC in the pro-bowl. More often than not, they chose Schaub over Flacco.

Once again, no opinions... just facts.
Old 01-23-2013   #238
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post

That right there is proof enough that Schaub can't carry a team. He tried and failed. It wasn't until we built a good defense up and a powerful running game that Schaub made it, only as a bus driver mind you. We don't win games because of Schaub, we win because of Foster and the defense.

We are just wasting time with Schaub at QB, and it pisses me right off that he is holding us back...
Old 01-23-2013   #239
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
What do the stats get you?
Stats = losers.... Just sayin'!!!
Old 01-23-2013   #240
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
What do the stats get you?
That said, it's apples to oranges. Flacco took over an already pretty good team, defensively and otherwise. Schaub took over shyte...

My point is this.... While Flacco doesn't suck as much as he is percieved to, he's nothing special either.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read