Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-21-2013   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bad day to be a Browns fan

Ravens going to another Super Bowl after that franchise just broke hearts while it was in Cleveland for all of those years.

To make matters worse their current franchise is worse than the old one was when it was in Cleveland.

You have to really feel for that fan base.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #2
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bad day to be a Browns fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Ravens going to another Super Bowl after that franchise just broke hearts while it was in Cleveland for all of those years.

To make matters worse their current franchise is worse than the old one was when it was in Cleveland.

You have to really feel for that fan base.
I used to but not anymore - They have had a team for a long enough period, plus Modell is dead.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #3
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see how this has anything to do with Cleveland at this point. Cleveland has had all types of years to get going again. Baltimore Ravens is a completely different franchise at this point just like the Oilers and the Titans are. Nothing the Titans do is of any consequence to me as an old Oilers fan, because the Oilers died and the Titans were created. Same with the Ravens. Hell Model isn't even alive anymore either. If the Browns fans want to feel pitty for themselves, then they deserve to be where they are at. Their franchise sucks because of their team's management. The Baltimore Ravens success isn't hindering them a bit.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Adding insult to injury...

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #5
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 30145 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

"Bad day to be a Browns fan" - any day that ends with the letter "y".
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

you can add Art Modell among finalists for HOF Class of 2013 to their woes.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Old Oilers fans can relate. I will never like the Titans. NEVER.

Even after Bud kicks the bucket, we have a natural division rival. But the history of that franchise is what it is, and while it means nothing to the younger demographics, those of us that lived it feel how we feel. Emotional? Perhaps, but certainly not without logic.

The greatest Oiler, Earl Campbell, refused to be honored by the franchise in Nashville. That says it all for me.
Old 01-22-2013   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119300 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Old Oilers fans can relate. I will never like the Titans. NEVER.

Even after Bud kicks the bucket, we have a natural division rival. But the history of that franchise is what it is, and while it means nothing to the younger demographics, those of us that lived it feel how we feel. Emotional? Perhaps, but certainly not without logic.

The greatest Oiler, Earl Campbell, refused to be honored by the franchise in Nashville. That says it all for me.
Same here from start to finish. And yet another reason Earl is tops in my book.
Old 01-22-2013   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

As a Browns fan and an Ohio native, I can't really say I hate the Ravens any more. The franchise wasn't the problem with the move, it was the owner Art Modell. He was a greedy SOB, but now that he's dead I couldn't care less what they do. I'm just glad he didn't get to see his team go to another Super Bowl.

I'll be rooting for the 49ers in this SB, but it's not because I hate the Ravens organization, it's because I like the 49ers players a lot more than the Ravens. It's easy for myself to root for great players like Willis, Bowman, Aldon Smith, Justin Smith and company. Their defense is exceptional, much more so than the aging Ravens. Plus I don't like Ray Lewis or Jacoby Jones. Granted the 49ers have Randy Moss, but he's not so bad anymore. It will be funny if Manningham wins back to back Super Bowls on two different teams, I wonder how many players have done that.
Old 01-22-2013   #10
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Any day that ends with a "Y"?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #11
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 20768 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
"Bad day to be a Browns fan" - any day that ends with the letter "y".
Apparently I'm not as smart as you. Please tell me wtf that means?
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
Apparently I'm not as smart as you. Please tell me wtf that means?
He's saying that any day ending in "Y" is a bad day to be a Browns fan.

Every day ends in "Y", so basically every day is a bad day to be a Browns fan.

MondaY
TuesdaY
WednesdaY...you get the point
Old 01-22-2013   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh. If I was a Browns fan today, I would probably be kind of happy since I think their DC (Ray Horton, from AZ) and OC (Norv Turner, from SD) are both pretty good at what they do and Chudzinski is not a bad HC candidate at all.

Now, about that whole drafting a 30 year old QB in the first round. . .
Old 01-23-2013   #14
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

As a Ravens fan, I don't feel sorry for Browns fans at all. They didn't have it as bad as Baltimore fans did when the Colts left.

-Art Modell never lied to anyone- he told them straight up what was happening. HHe was going broke.

-City of Cleveland built a Rock n Roll HOF, new Cavaliers auditorium and Jacobs Field. Art lost alot of $$$ when the Indians moved to their new field. The city refused to rehab Municipal stadium.

-Art announced they were leaving well before he did; B0b Irsay stole the Colts out of the city in the middle of the night. after lying in a press conference saying he would never move the team.

-We went without football for 12 years; Cleveland missed 3 years.

-We lost our colors, history and records; Cleveland kept all theirs.

I feel nothig aboout what transpired. I do know Toni Grossi conspires against Art's HOF nomination every year...
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Meh. If I was a Browns fan today, I would probably be kind of happy since I think their DC (Ray Horton, from AZ) and OC (Norv Turner, from SD) are both pretty good at what they do and Chudzinski is not a bad HC candidate at all.

Now, about that whole drafting a 30 year old QB in the first round. . .
Agree on this. Besides that QB though, their GM that they canned had actually gathered some really good talent. I like the staff they have in place though.
Old 01-23-2013   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
As a Ravens fan, I don't feel sorry for Browns fans at all. They didn't have it as bad as Baltimore fans did when the Colts left.

-Art Modell never lied to anyone- he told them straight up what was happening. HHe was going broke.

-City of Cleveland built a Rock n Roll HOF, new Cavaliers auditorium and Jacobs Field. Art lost alot of $$$ when the Indians moved to their new field. The city refused to rehab Municipal stadium.

-Art announced they were leaving well before he did; B0b Irsay stole the Colts out of the city in the middle of the night. after lying in a press conference saying he would never move the team.

-We went without football for 12 years; Cleveland missed 3 years.

-We lost our colors, history and records; Cleveland kept all theirs.

I feel nothig aboout what transpired. I do know Toni Grossi conspires against Art's HOF nomination every year...
We know a little something about losing colors, etc. After losing our team I am not sure how I would have felt stealing someone elses team though. For example if the Seahawks would have moved here and become the Texans. Of course the plus side is that you get a ready built team and don't have to wait for years as with an expansion team.

BTW, I just realized both of your pro teams were formerly the Browns. The Orioles were the St Louis Browns.
Old 01-23-2013   #17
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
We know a little something about losing colors, etc. After losing our team I am not sure how I would have felt stealing someone elses team though. For example if the Seahawks would have moved here and become the Texans. Of course the plus side is that you get a ready built team and don't have to wait for years as with an expansion team.

BTW, I just realized both of your pro teams were formerly the Browns. The Orioles were the St Louis Browns.
The city of Baltimore didn't steal the Browns. The City was awarded a new franchise after the Browns were deactivated...semantics but believe me, the city and its residents had no idea that the Brownss were coming....until the announcement.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
The city of Baltimore didn't steal the Browns. The City was awarded a new franchise after the Browns were deactivated...semantics but believe me, the city and its residents had no idea that the Brownss were coming....until the announcement.
Not really. The Browns were allowed to relocate and a settlement ensued in which Cleveland kept the history and were guaranteed a new team. The Ravens were not treated as an expansion team. It was a relocation with some negotiations on details. If it was a "new team" you wouldn't have carried a roster over and would have been treated like an expansion team.
Old 01-23-2013   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Carpet bagging owners suck. That's just an incontrovertible fact. The thing I can't really let go about Baltimore (and to a lesser extent St Louis) is that they had it done to them and lost a team, then turned around and did it to someone else.

Baltimore took the Browns from Cleveland just like St. Louis took the Rams from Los Angeles. Sure the owners chose to make the moves and sure you can quibble about the details but either way those people got screwed and then knowing full well what that felt like they screwed someone else in exactly the same way.
Old 01-23-2013   #20
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Carpet bagging owners suck. That's just an incontrovertible fact. The thing I can't really let go about Baltimore (and to a lesser extent St Louis) is that they had it done to them and lost a team, then turned around and did it to someone else.

Baltimore took the Browns from Cleveland just like St. Louis took the Rams from Los Angeles. Sure the owners chose to make the moves and sure you can quibble about the details but either way those people got screwed and then knowing full well what that felt like they screwed someone else in exactly the same way.
Yep, that basically sums up my take on all of that. It's kinda like having your wife leave you for another man, then you turn around yourself and become a homewrecker just to replace her.

Now it's Seattle's turn in the NBA. If you relate franchises to women that franchise has been been "around the block" a few times. That team started out in Rochester, moved to Cincinnati, then moved to Kansas City, then moved to Sacramento, now is moving to Seattle. I might feel a little bit dirty if I were a Sonics fan.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read