Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-21-2013   #1
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 141004 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Senior Bowl Weigh Ins

http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur...s/Weigh-In.php
Old 01-21-2013   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 141004 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins

I wouldn't touch Tyler Wilson .
Old 01-21-2013   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I wouldn't touch Tyler Wilson .
What makes you say that?
Old 01-21-2013   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
What makes you say that?
He has 8 5/8 hands which is 2 inches shorter than Favre's .
Old 01-21-2013   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

My unending argument that Long is best suited inside & natural LG was just confirmed. Despite being 6-6 his arms are too short to play tackle. However this could be key to his dominance I saw watching film playing LG for Oregon. He is country strong with large hands to punch & grab stunning defensive linemen and athletic burst to leverage from phone booth into second level. If Texans drafted him I would expect him to develop quickly replacing Wade Smith.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
My unending argument that Long is best suited inside & natural LG was just confirmed. Despite being 6-6 his arms are too short to play tackle. However this could be key to his dominance I saw watching film playing LG for Oregon. He is country strong with large hands to punch & grab stunning defensive linemen and athletic burst to leverage from phone booth into second level. If Texans drafted him I would expect him to develop quickly replacing Wade Smith.
The hand size is a highly underrated feature . JJ Watt has 11 inch hands , which help you grip , grab , knock down , control , and so on . As a QB , big hands give you grip and control . Some teams think 9 1/2 is minimum .
Old 01-21-2013   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-21-2013   #8
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking forward to seeing Brandon Williams, DT. Could be a potential late-round nose tackle that we need. Not sure about his conditioning but if he can shed some pounds and pack on more muscle, he would be an excellent player to plug in the middle.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #9
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69966 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
32.5 inch arms aren't abnormally short for a a RT. Winston's arms were 32 inches IIRC and he was an above avg RT. Although I would agree Long would be better suited to play LG.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #10
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
The hand size is a highly underrated feature . JJ Watt has 11 inch hands , which help you grip , grab , knock down , control , and so on . As a QB , big hands give you grip and control . Some teams think 9 1/2 is minimum .
I noticed Swope's hand size as 8-1/8". That's really small for a WR. I wonder if that will hurt his draft stock much. I really like his heart and toughness as a player. He seems very "gritty."
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I noticed Swope's hand size as 8-1/8". That's really small for a WR. I wonder if that will hurt his draft stock much. I really like his heart and toughness as a player. He seems very "gritty."
Jacoby Jones had smaller than that .
Old 01-21-2013   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, no wonder Fluker caught my eyes. That guy is just a freak.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 230490 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

No real big-uns at WR?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
No real big-uns at WR?
Most of the bigger ones are getting prepared for the combine.
I don't think any will measure over 6'3 though.
Old 01-21-2013   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 230490 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I don't think any will measure over 6'3 though.
Dang. I needs me a Mega!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Dang. I needs me a Mega!
There are two guys that are listed at 6'4 : Marcus Davis and Justin Hunter;
But I doubt that it's their true height.

They are both somewhat raw, especially Davis, but they both have good ceiling.

But there are other guys who are listed at 6'3 (but probably won't live up to that measure) or a bit shorter that are quite skilled already.

This class has all the marking of being as good as, and probably better than the last one in both quality and quantity.... I think. More dynamic playmakers.
Old 01-21-2013   #17
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.thesidelineview.com/colum...wide-receivers
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Thanks.
Old 01-21-2013   #19
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Thanks.
Look at Wheatons (highlight tape on page) Offense looks similar to HOU lost of pap
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Look at Wheatons (highlight tape on page) Offense looks similar to HOU lost of pap
I had him in sight since last year, but there were just too many players to keep track of if you want to go in depth.

Like I would make a note about a freshman when I saw the Flash of a great player, but then, it is really hard to stay abreast of everything.

That's why I think it's good to have many people here reminding or bringing one's attention to a certain player.

It's a great past-time but it can also be very demanding.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read