Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-21-2013   #81
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Umm, the point of a young speedy wide out is to create the deep ball and Dre still has the ability to go deep. Even without a speedy young option we ranked middle of the pack in the league in deep passes. Add a play maker and teams have to respect the deep ball even more, but still be honest vs Foster. It would open our offense up quite a bit.

Without a good option opposite Andre he still ranked 4th in deep passes (20 and 40 plus yarders) this season amongst wide outs. So why posters think we struggle getting open deep is beyond me.

Now if you want to say Schaub sucks throwing it deep and hampers our ability to improve upon that, Im all for it.
The problem is...Schaub doesn't seem to have the ability to throw deep.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #82
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 190768 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Umm, the point of a young speedy wide out is to create the deep ball and Dre still has the ability to go deep. Even without a speedy young option we ranked middle of the pack in the league in deep passes. Add a play maker and teams have to respect the deep ball even more, but still be honest vs Foster. It would open our offense up quite a bit.

Without a good option opposite Andre he still ranked 4th in deep passes (20 and 40 plus yarders) this season amongst wide outs. So why posters think we struggle getting open deep is beyond me.

Now if you want to say Schaub sucks throwing it deep and hampers our ability to improve upon that, Im all for it.
A guy like Mike Wallace or Torrey Smith wouldn't be half the threat with the Texans .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #83
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 74447 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
A guy like Mike Wallace or Torrey Smith wouldn't be half the threat with the Texans .
well, I would say he is still a "threat" just would be used more of a decoy
Old 01-21-2013   #84
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 190768 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
well, I would say he is still a "threat" just would be used more of a decoy
If the Texans can't use young fast guys then they need real tall guys so Matt can ally oop them . This is where Royce White comes in . It's a bunch less flying to deal with .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #85
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm seeing two ends of the spectrum here.

Teams that repeatedly go one & done, like the Falcons, who finally have their breakthrough. Then there are teams like the Saints who can't seem to make the play-offs, then win it all once.

We're somewhere in the middle, back to back divisional round exits. Nothing to be ashamed about.
Old 01-21-2013   #86
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm seeing two ends of the spectrum here.

Teams that repeatedly go one & done, like the Falcons, who finally have their breakthrough. Then there are teams like the Saints who can't seem to make the play-offs, then win it all once.

We're somewhere in the middle, back to back divisional round exits. Nothing to be ashamed about.
If you are truly a Super Bowl contender like many claim you are & like many in the organization claim they are then the Divisional Round is NOT where you expect to make your exit considering thats only 1 round past the Wild Card game. AFC Championship exit is a little more acceptable for true Super Bowl contenders IMO.

Additionally, it's not that they lost games, that happens to everyone, it's HOW they lost their games. Being outplayed, outcoached, & completely embarrassed by the true contenders is what is so disappointing. Close games that were hard fought until the end & I'm sure the skepticism would be a bit less amongst the fans & media IMO.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #87
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Lame owner, lame coach, lame QB .... next year should be exciting!
Lame poster, lying poster, and lame posts that suggest you could find another team like you said you would like to do a few weeks ago. The next post of yours should be very similar to this one.

Quote:
Then maybe you should read more of my posts ...
Yes, maybe he'll find the one where you told someone to off themselves at Reliant. That would help your case some I'm sure.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #88
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lame owner, lame coach, lame QB .... next year should be exciting!
Change owner to gm and you hit the trifecta. McNair is just excrutiatingly patient. Its becoming a fault instead of an asset. He is also as others have said "learning on the job". I doubt he learned this slow in business. I can't hate him but it is fairly aggrivating at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Lame poster, lying poster, and lame posts that suggest you could find another team like you said you would like to do a few weeks ago. The next post of yours should be very similar to this one.
Old 01-21-2013   #89
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Change owner to gm and you hit the trifecta. McNair is just excrutiatingly patient. Its becoming a fault instead of an asset. He is also as others have said "learning on the job". I doubt he learned this slow in business. I can't hate him but it is fairly aggrivating at times.

Maybe you can join him in finding another team as well.

some of us actually enjoyed this season and wanted us to win in the playoffs.
Old 01-21-2013   #90
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post

McNair's net worth is roughly at $1.5 B per Wiki (I didn't think to check Forbes, but is there a need?)

You don't put out an inferior product and make that much money year in and year out.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #91
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

If someone had told me in January 2010 that Texans fans would be so bitter after a 12-4 season that won the division and won a playoff game, I would not have believed you.

In January 2010, the Texans had one winning season and no playoff history. Amazing what two years and success can bring to a fanbase...
Old 01-21-2013   #92
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes you can

BoB made a billion $$$$$ in a dacade and never made the playoffs.

This is the NFL it's a liscence to print $$$$$.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #93
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
If someone had told me in January 2010 that Texans fans would be so bitter after a 12-4 season that won the division and won a playoff game, I would not have believed you.

In January 2010, the Texans had one winning season and no playoff history. Amazing what two years and success can bring to a fanbase...
I've been consistent throughout.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #94
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
McNair's net worth is roughly at $1.5 B per Wiki (I didn't think to check Forbes, but is there a need?)

You don't put out an inferior product and make that much money year in and year out.
You're talking to a guy that called a few of us dumbasses for being happy about the Texans winning in the playoffs. He isn't going to like anything about this team until they are somehow a SB winner most likely. Nothing else will ever be good enough.

I do understand a lot of the criticisms of Mcnair. I can't stand having the guy as our owner a lot of times, but I also realize that a ton of other owners have their own issues as well. Mcnair is a nice guy that loves having longevity. He trusts Kubiak with all he has. He loves the guy and loves working with him. Mcnair seems to me like he'll always want to reward people who he feels works really hard and is dedicated to this team regardless of what their progression is to a very large extent.
Old 01-21-2013   #95
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're talking to a guy that called a few of us dumbasses for being happy about the Texans winning in the playoffs. He isn't going to like anything about this team until they are somehow a SB winner most likely. Nothing else will ever be good enough.

I do understand a lot of the criticisms of Mcnair. I can't stand having the guy as our owner a lot of times, but I also realize that a ton of other owners have their own issues as well. Mcnair is a nice guy that loves having longevity. He trusts Kubiak with all he has. He loves the guy and loves working with him. Mcnair seems to me like he'll always want to reward people who he feels works really hard and is dedicated to this team regardless of what their progression is to a very large extent.
Tex, I would like to think that a successful businessman knows how to find good people working for him.
Old 01-21-2013   #96
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Tex, I would like to think that a successful businessman knows how to find good people working for him.
I hate when people use this line to defend Mcnair. It has no play in the NFL. What Mcnair did in other businesses has nothing to do with the NFL at all.

That's like saying that I would be greatly successful owning a car wash, because I was so successful at owning a restaurant. Different businesses and totally different dynamics. What made Mcnair successful at another business or field is most likely not going to be the same thing that will make him successful as an owner of an NFL team.

Now I'm not trying to bash Mcnair either. THere are things that I do like and appreciate about the guy. I'm just saying that I do understand a lot of the criticisms one of which being that he is way to trusting to a fault and he seems to be afraid of change at all costs. It was pretty much proven that having to get a new HC when Kubiak should have been fired a few years ago was way to traumatic for him to do and that he wanted Gary at all costs. That hasn't exactly worked out to well, but at least we're having winning seasons now and playing in the playoffs. I'll take it if that is all we're going to get for now. I have a hard time thinking that we can ever win anything with Kubiak, but he is our coach either way. I have to support him and the team.
Old 01-21-2013   #97
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I hate when people use this line to defend Mcnair. It has no play in the NFL. What Mcnair did in other businesses has nothing to do with the NFL at all.

That's like saying that I would be greatly successful owning a car wash, because I was so successful at owning a restaurant. Different businesses and totally different dynamics. What made Mcnair successful at another business or field is most likely not going to be the same thing that will make him successful as an owner of an NFL team.

Now I'm not trying to bash Mcnair either. THere are things that I do like and appreciate about the guy. I'm just saying that I do understand a lot of the criticisms one of which being that he is way to trusting to a fault and he seems to be afraid of change at all costs. It was pretty much proven that having to get a new HC when Kubiak should have been fired a few years ago was way to traumatic for him to do and that he wanted Gary at all costs. That hasn't exactly worked out to well, but at least we're having winning seasons now and playing in the playoffs. I'll take it if that is all we're going to get for now. I have a hard time thinking that we can ever win anything with Kubiak, but he is our coach either way. I have to support him and the team.
To each his own.

It's good discussing with you Tex.
Later !
Old 01-21-2013   #98
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
To each his own.

It's good discussing with you Tex.
Later !
Likewise. See ya later partner.
Old 01-21-2013   #99
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Close games that were hard fought until the end & I'm sure the skepticism would be a bit less amongst the fans & media IMO.
Oh I think they've earned every bit of the skepticism & criticism they've been getting.
Old 01-21-2013   #100
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Oh I think they've earned every bit of the skepticism & criticism they've been getting.
Was there any moral victory when they somehow find a way to lose in 2010?

Either way, they would hear it, wouldn't they?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read