Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-20-2013   #41
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ravens/ texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Cause our O was great and our D sucked almost historically. We now have a solid D and an O that can't score tds. Offense has regressed despite ballets. D top ten. Plus today was first time an O got hammered by a D in playoffs
You do realize our offense was top 10 this season as well?

It's no surprise our offense is regressing, though. We keep cutting players from the offense, but continue to add talent on defense. I don't quite understand that part???
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #42
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Besides the win over the Broncos, the Ravens never allowed more than 14 points in all the other "wins" by Flacco in the play-offs.

They barely allowed an average just over 10 points.

It's not all that hard to win with such a defense.
Not only that, but the Ravens also had a plus 19 in turnover differential in those wins. That's nearly 3 per game.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #43
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

No comparing Flaccco and Squab....

Who is in the Super Bowl?
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #44
worldlyman
Veteran

Rep Power: 775 worldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respected

One crucial key for an opposing QB to have success in "beating" Tom Brady is to have his defenses hold the Patriots offense to:

13 points (2007 Super Bowl)
17 points (2012 Super Bowl)
13 points (2013 AFC Championship).

That's how you "outplay" Tom Brady.

If I recall correctly, Matt Schaub helped guide the Houston Texans to 10 quick points before the half ended against the Pats, thus keeping the Texans in striking distance 13-17 at half-time!

I don't ever remember Eli Manning or Joe Flacco having to climb 13-24 or 13-31 deficits like Schaub had to try against Tom Brady!
worldlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #45
worldlyman
Veteran

Rep Power: 775 worldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post

Who had a defense that held Tom Brady to 13 points in the playoffs?

Schaub helped put up 36 points on your team this year!
Old 01-20-2013   #46
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 10357 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Congrats to Bernard Pollard, Vonta Leach and Jacoby Jones. We should have, would have, could have kept them but oh well. I'm glad to see those guys chasing that Super Bowl ring. David Carr got his ring last year as a backup quarterback with the Giants. I'm only being sarcastic but yeah, they were former Texans so I may just cheer for the Ravens in the Super Bowl.

I guess Bob McNair knows what type of guys we need. Another wide receiver right? Sigh... What we need is another beast on the defensive line like Margus Hunt from SMU. He's a J.J. Watt clone and a flat out monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPvfNrj8uu0

That is what we need. Plain and simple.

Along with Brian Cushing being back healthy. I can't tell you what a boost that would be for our entire defense. It would have the same impact that the Ravens had when Ray Lewis returned.
Doubt we take him. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he is gone by the time our pick comes up. Even if he is available, I think we take an ILB with the first pick.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #47
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl also. Calm down buddy.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #48
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not only that, but the Ravens also had a plus 19 in turnover differential in those wins. That's nearly 3 per game.
Add to that the fact the run game supported Flacco greatly.
Twice they had more than 100 yards over the opponents.

Of the two times they gained fewer yards on the game:
One opponent fumbled the ball twice (sounds familiar?);
The other (the Texans) had to lean on the run game due to the rookie Yates playing (and that botch by Jacoby.)

With all that support, it's really not hard to win, now is it?

On the other hand, the Texans were outrushed by the Pats both times by some 30 yards each.
Old 01-20-2013   #49
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl also. Calm down buddy.

Your dude folded

Mine Flourished....
Old 01-20-2013   #50
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10357 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Your dude folded

Mine Flourished....
Enjoy it while you can.

A good number of playmakers are up for FA this off season.

How would you feel if Flacco does well in the SB, and then gets snatched away by Arizona?

Old 01-20-2013   #51
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Enjoy it while you can.

A good number of playmakers are up for FA this off season.

How would you feel if Flacco does well in the SB, and then gets snatched away by Arizona?
Not a football guy are you?
Old 01-20-2013   #52
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 164415 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyman View Post
Who had a defense that held Tom Brady to 13 points in the playoffs?

Schaub helped put up 36 points on your team this year!
I can't imagine anything weaker than pulling that game out of our collective asses and waving it at the Ravens. They're going to the Super Bowl in a year when they had major injuries on defense and overcame them all while we're thinking about all our Pro Bowl players and trying to tell ourselves that if Cushing hadn't been lost we'd be where they are.

Wade's defense failed when put to the test. Matt Schaub's play down the home stretch was sub-par, and Gary's boys showed the world that they're no closer to being able to compete with the good teams than they were in 2007-2008.
Old 01-20-2013   #53
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Your dude folded

Mine Flourished....
You are correct. Flac was money
Old 01-20-2013   #54
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Not a football guy are you?
I may not know the exact moves of the Ravens Front Office, but I do know that your team may be possibly losing a few key players, including Joe Flacco.

Hence why I asked how you would feel if Flacco left in Free Agency?

I feel like if he were to perform well, but not win the SB, a team like Arizona could be interested in someone like Flacco, since they don't have a good starting QB to go with.

I understand you might be drunk from your team winning tonight, but you don't have to come on here and be a dick. Thanks.

Old 01-20-2013   #55
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I can't imagine anything weaker than pulling that game out of our collective asses and waving it at the Ravens. They're going to the Super Bowl in a year when they had major injuries on defense and overcame them all while we're thinking about all our Pro Bowl players and trying to tell ourselves that if Cushing hadn't been lost we'd be where they are.

Wade's defense failed when put to the test. Matt Schaub's play down the home stretch was sub-par, and Gary's boys showed the world that they're no closer to being able to compete with the good teams than they were in 2007-2008.
Rep when I get the chance.

Anybody think pollard leach or jacoby wish they were still in Houston because we beat them during the regular season?

Jacoby jones...pollard....

Key players on a team in the superbowl....

Let that sink in.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #56
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Ray be happy.... I think.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #57
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I may not know the exact moves of the Ravens Front Office, but I do know that your team may be possibly losing a few key players, including Joe Flacco.

Hence why I asked how you would feel if Flacco left in Free Agency?

I feel like if he were to perform well, but not win the SB, a team like Arizona could be interested in someone like Flacco, since they don't have a good starting QB to go with.

I understand you might be drunk from your team winning tonight, but you don't have to come on here and be a dick. Thanks.
I normally don't do this, but this particular visiting poster doesn't have class; I've already say that much before.

You don't go rub in it people's face.
It's called unsportsmanlike.

And from here on out I shall put him on ignore.
Old 01-20-2013   #58
worldlyman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

Well, Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs...two of the Ravens defensive glue guys, absolute leaders, heart and soul, were on Gillette Field.

Brian Cushing (as well as two other fairly crucial linebackers like Daryl Sharpton and Tim Dobbins) was NOT for the Texans.

Cushing's loss is not to be underestimated. He is an absolute wrecking ball in the area of the field where the likes of Hernandez, Welker, et al like to run loose and flourish. Not saying Cushing was an X-factor, but Houston really could have used him against the Patriots.

The Texans had a 13-5 campaign. They have a stable and steady roster of young studs to work with...they will GET better.

The Pats lost TWICE to a team the Texans absolutely CRUSHED in 2012-2013. Bottom line.

Quote:
Gary's boys showed the world that they're no closer to being able to compete with the good teams than they were in 2007-2008
Bwa ha ha. The Texans destroyed the current AFC Super Bowl team, 43-13. "Not being able to compete?"...bwa ha ha ha ha.

C'mon now, did you think the Baltimore Ravens were the front-runners when the playoffs started? I don't really follow this forum a whole lot, but did you? I am curious.
Old 01-20-2013   #59
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

It's nice to see Ray in SB. I rather see Ravens play in SB than Pats.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #60
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I normally don't do this, but this particular visiting poster doesn't have class; I've already say that much before.

You don't go rub in it people's face.
It's called unsportsmanlike.

And from then on I shall put him on ignore.
I actually thought he was one of the good Raven posters. I guess I was wrong on that one. I just remember him being very gracious in defeat earlier this season, and even making a raven troll look dumb last season in the playoffs.

Also, I don't put anyone on ignore. Even the dumb ones have a right to be heard, even when they aren't credible 99 percent of the time.

Thanks though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read