Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-20-2013   #21
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ravens/ texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Third Man View Post
Forget Schaub. Compare how the two defenses performed. Which team looked like they knew what they hell they were doing? I don't seem to recall seeing the Ravens being bamboozled by the Patriots no-huddle at all. And for those of you saying that it was all on Brian Cushing, recall that the Ravens best cover corner, Ladarius Webb, was out for the season in October. And Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs and Ray Lewis have all been hurt and hobbled this year. The Texans got one of the best seasons ever from JJ Watt and they still got 42 and 41 dropped on them by the Patriots with no apparent adjustments. Wade Phillips is as big a problem as Gary Kubiak, or Matt Schaub.
Well the niners gave the pats 34. Oh wait the niners scored 41. The niners in the bowl
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #22
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
He also outscored manning then Brady. He also never fell behind more than two scores. he also scored tds and not fgs. you done?
Geezz, I wonder why he never fell behind more than two scores? Would that have anything to do with the DEFENSE? huh? Because surely Flacco played subpar in the first half of todays game but by some miracle of god, the ravens D held through and kept Brady in check. Do you think that had something to do with Flacco not getting down by more than two scores?
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #23
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Flacco made some great throws tonight that I don't think I've seen Schaub make in a very long time. The endzone pass to Boldin was beautifully executed and I don't think I've ever seen Schaub make a throw like that to AJ in recent memory. Flacco also has a cannon for an arm which Schaub can't just develop all of a sudden. Schaub is who is who he is. Our best chance is to build a defense like th 49'ers and Ravens, add more playmakers on offense, and tweak the offense so that we're not so predictable.
Old 01-20-2013   #24
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Here's a thought.

Remember when Flacco just wasn't the QB for Baltimore? Many of us said this last year, but he turned it up and had a few good games.

Sounds like how we are with Schaub now. What if, and trust me, this is a big WHAT IF, but what if, Schaub does this next season?

I mean, anything is possible.
Flacco's what 27 years of age. Schaub's 31 or so with a gnarly foot, no athletic ability whatsoever, and a girly arm. I don't see him rising to the level Flacco's achieved.
Plus, in the two play off games I've watched Schaub he looked anything but Flacco-like, basically choking. Choked against Green Bay and the Pats during the regular season too.
But I agree with the The Third Man, Texans looked confused, disorientated, bedazzled both times they played New England.
Preparation and coaching. Texans are extremely outclassed in that category when facing these elite teams. Ravens looked cool as can be out there tonight.
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #25
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Geezz, I wonder why he never fell behind more than two scores? Would that have anything to do with the DEFENSE? huh? Because surely Flacco played subpar in the first half of todays game but by some miracle of god, the ravens D held through and kept Brady in check. Do you think that had something to do with Flacco not getting down by more than two scores?
So if schaub were a raven they would be in the superbowl? Lord knows flacco had problems in that wind. How would schaubs noodle have done
Old 01-20-2013   #26
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 97190 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub plays scared in big games. Scared money rarely wins. Either Schaub or Kubiak doesn't have the balls to let it all hang out when it counts. I'm still not convinced that all of Schaub's poor play is on him. I think a lot of it is Kubiak's influence/orders.

We got thoroughly outcoached and outplayed in two games against the Pats. It's hard to believe the Texans dominated the Ravens so much and played so poorly against the Pats.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #27
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So if schaub were a raven they would be in the superbowl? Lord knows flacco had problems in that wind. How would schaubs noodle have done
Good question, probably not. But i don't think the Texans would be in the Super Bowl with Flacco either, and that's my point.
Old 01-20-2013   #28
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Good question, probably not. But i don't think the Texans would be in the Super Bowl with Flacco either, and that's my point.
Well would open.things up.downfield cause of his arm. Thus opening the TE game and running game. A lot easier to defend 25 yds than the length of the field. Stop arain then make schaub beat you. It's that simple. Stop rice and flacco can beat you.
Old 01-20-2013   #29
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25709 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I still don't quite understand why Wade gets such a pass by so many people in this forum???
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #30
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I still don't quite understand why Wade gets such a pass by so many people in this forum???
I still don't get either. Shaub had his warts and all but I think the D failed in the playoffs just as much.
Old 01-20-2013   #31
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25709 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Kind of funny how last season, in the playoffs, our defense totally embarrassed Flacco and made him look like he didn't belong in the NFL. We barely lost that game, and everyone was saying... "Only if we had Schaub..."

Opinions around here change so quickly after one season.
Old 01-20-2013   #32
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18764 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats to Bernard Pollard, Vonta Leach and Jacoby Jones. We should have, would have, could have kept them but oh well. I'm glad to see those guys chasing that Super Bowl ring. David Carr got his ring last year as a backup quarterback with the Giants. I'm only being sarcastic but yeah, they were former Texans so I may just cheer for the Ravens in the Super Bowl.

I guess Bob McNair knows what type of guys we need. Another wide receiver right? Sigh... What we need is another beast on the defensive line like Margus Hunt from SMU. He's a J.J. Watt clone and a flat out monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPvfNrj8uu0

That is what we need. Plain and simple.

Along with Brian Cushing being back healthy. I can't tell you what a boost that would be for our entire defense. It would have the same impact that the Ravens had when Ray Lewis returned.
Old 01-20-2013   #33
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I still don't get either. Shaub had his warts and all but I think the D failed in the playoffs just as much.
I agree... total team suckage all around.
Old 01-20-2013   #34
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Cause our O was great and our D sucked almost historically. We now have a solid D and an O that can't score tds. Offense has regressed despite ballets. D top ten. Plus today was first time an O got hammered by a D in playoffs
Old 01-20-2013   #35
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Kind of funny how last season, in the playoffs, our defense totally embarrassed Flacco and made him look like he didn't belong in the NFL. We barely lost that game, and everyone was saying... "Only if we had Schaub..."

Opinions around here change so quickly after one season.
Barely lost...... Lol. Ravens won. I guess we barely lost homefield this year despite beating ravens. Moral victories are fun. If we had schaub lost year we would have lost also.
Old 01-20-2013   #36
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Besides the win over the Broncos, the Ravens never allowed more than 14 points in all the other "wins" by Flacco in the play-offs.

They barely allowed an average just over 10 points.

It's not all that hard to win with such a defense.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #37
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He also outscored manning then Brady. He also never fell behind more than two scores. he also scored tds and not fgs. you done?
Regarding the Denver game, the Broncos wouldn't even have been in the game had it not been for Holliday's two TD returns. And tonight, Brady & Co. could only manage ONE offensive TD.

And, before I forget, the Ravens' defense produced three turnovers in each of those games.

Simply stated, their defense game thru both times. Not saying Flacco played poorly because he played better than I've seen him play. But their defense didn't give up a forty-burger to tom brady and only gave up 3 TDs to Manning.

Flacco was good, but without their defense stepping up in those games, he most likely would have lost.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #38
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Cause our O was great and our D sucked almost historically. We now have a solid D and an O that can't score tds. Offense has regressed despite ballets. D top ten. Plus today was first time an O got hammered by a D in playoffs
Get your facts straight. Our offense was actually ranked higher than our defense in scoring. Offense was ranked 8th and our D was ranked 9th.
Old 01-20-2013   #39
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Here's a thought.

Remember when Flacco just wasn't the QB for Baltimore? Many of us said this last year, but he turned it up and had a few good games.

Sounds like how we are with Schaub now. What if, and trust me, this is a big WHAT IF, but what if, Schaub does this next season?

I mean, anything is possible.
what sparks this line of thought other than being a blind homer hoping for this to happen..

flacco is 8-4 in the playoffs, matt wont even play 8 playoff games in his career. flacco is 28 years old and has played 12 playoff games already. flacco outplayed brady last season and was a dropped pass from being in the super bowl. flacco has showed an ability to beat good defenses with his arm. nothing at this point in schaub career makes me believe that he will ever come close to accomplishing what flacco has..

Last edited by Premier; 01-20-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Premier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #40
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
I'm with you guys. 85 pts yielded in two games against Brady. Yet, everyone piles on Schaub for not being able to keep up with the alarming rate at which Wade's blessed defense was giving up points.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read