Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-20-2013   #41
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I thought I had heard this "pep talk" by McNair last year, but I couldn't remember exactly when and where...........until I finally found this article in the Chronicle now.:
Bob's new tough enough coach .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzCnrpfUaAk
Old 01-20-2013   #42
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe Bob should give this talk right before the season, and maybe again before the playoffs.

I remember last season, when we lost two in a row, he challenged us, and we responded with a 7 game winning streak. I can at least assume that this team likes Bob.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #43
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish someone would say we need to get better at qb or challenge our qb
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
This is a chicken or the egg situation .

. Before the season the expectations were soaring because the Texans looked stacked . On defense it was thought they would improve from the number 2 ranking .

The Texans were not as good as we thought . Losing Breisel , Winston , Dreesen , and Demeco along with Cushing's injury , proved costly .
I was talking about last year, Kubiak & his 3rd string QB.
Old 01-20-2013   #45
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I was talking about last year, Kubiak & his 3rd string QB.
Were a better team than this years team .
Old 01-20-2013   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Were a better team than this years team .
Gotha Earl...... I think you missed the point.

I'm not comparing this year's team to last. I was saying the 3rd string QB and other key injuries should be no excuse for the Steelers being third in their division & missing the play offs.
Old 01-20-2013   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
I wish someone would say we need to get better at qb or challenge our qb
We need to get better at QB, our guy isn't rising to the challenge.
Old 01-20-2013   #48
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=thunderkyss;2112983]It sucks when the team doesn't do what you want them to do. I know. (Quote That's just the way it is.

There are more teams out there that make those moves that aren't playing right now. They didn't play last week, & they didn't play the week before. I didn't see the Falcons canning their coach & GM when they failed to advance in the play offs three years running.

(Quote The Falcons are the exception to the rule. Smith would probably been fired if the miracle win against Seattle didn't happen last wk. I think I read that on PFT last wk.

We brought Eric Moulds on the team, I don't know why we wouldn't have brought Randy Moss, other than most people thought he was done. As much as I don't like Pete Carroll coaching other teams, I wouldn't mind him in Houston. I don't see why McNair wouldn't have brought him in. Other than our GM probably doesn't know him & he never would have probed for interest.

(Quote I brought Moss up a an example of taking a chance on a guy with questionable character. BTW, Moss made some plays today that helped the 49ers get to the SB. The Texans never take chances on guys like this.

Lynch..... Sounds like you're GMing this thing looking backwards. It's real easy to do it that way.

(Quote A few people wanted Lynch, most people on this MB didn't because Lynch was/is a bad human being. He is a top 5 RB though and the type of player that's a difference maker. Instead the Texans spent a 2nd rder on Tate. (Wasted draft capital. IMHO)

Another weakness of our scouting & GM

duly noted.

(Quote Yep, and this is why BoB should look at teams like Seattle/New England and try to emulate what they do.

What chances did Atlanta take?

(Quote They traded 5 draft picks including two 1st rders to trade up from the late 20's to # 5 or7.... to draft Jones and he was a star today on a team that was just a hair away from the SB. That's the definition of taking a chance. When most NFL people/fans thought they were crazy.

Chances are they won't. However, I like your thinking. No Joke, I think you should put together a portfolio & keep knocking on McNairs door until he agrees to see you.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #49
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
I would rather have an owner like Jerry Jones who is willing to put a foot in someones ass.
Okay, so you're a Cowboys fan. Makes sense, now.

I hear http://cowboyszone.com/forums/ for Cowgirls fans. Enjoy.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Okay, so you're a Cowboys fan. Makes sense, now.

I hear http://cowboyszone.com/forums/ for Cowgirls fans. Enjoy.
pssh..... Cowboy fans don't like Jerrah

Old 01-20-2013   #51
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
pssh..... Cowboy fans don't like Jerrah
Anyone who prefers Jerruh to Bob McNair is a Cowboys fan. Or related to Jerruh, which would be unfortunate.
Old 01-20-2013   #52
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would rather have an owner like Jerry Jones who is willing to put a foot in someones ass.
More than likely to put his foot in his own yap.

If you want someone like that turd running the ship it only takes away from your already non-existent credibility.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
More than likely to put his foot in his own yap.
Besides, if Jerry Jones is the epitome of accountability, we should all be able to agree it's not that magic pill so many want to believe it is. It's hard enough to find the right people to lead your organization, much harder when you keep changing your mind every other year about what you want that organization to be.
Old 01-20-2013   #54
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Agreed about Jerrah

However give me an org like Chicago/SF/Sea. If things aren't working out heads roll. Look at the turnover of GMN/asst coaches, not to mention they make moves to improve their teams, player wise.

Would BoB ever have a Randy Moss on his team? Would he ever hire Pete Carroll and have Marshawn Lynch on his team? etc...

Remember when the Texans didn't have a RB? People/me were clamouring for the Texans to trade for Lynch. Lynch may be a disgusting human being, but he's one of the top 5 RB's in the NFL. All for the low cost of a 4th rd pick.

Pats traded in season for Talib, still playing with Talib starting? at the cost of a 4th rd draft pick.

Point is the teams still playing take chances on guys like this. Texans? nope, but they got a good little team. This is why I would draft a guy like Matheiu with the supp 3rd rd draft pick. He is a dynamic return guy who can be McCains replacement of play FS in a single high S look. This guy is a playmaker.

Will the Texans take a shot at a talented guy like this for example on the cheap? No way,No how, it's not the Texans way. Winning be damned.
You want a punk like Talib on Texans? Two fights with teammates, assaults a cab driver, resists arrest, gets into argument with game official, pistol whips sister's boyfriend and then 4 game suspension for taking Adderol without a prescription and that is just as a pro. You question McNair on that type guy?
http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...I0M/story.html
Old 01-20-2013   #55
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
You want a punk like Talib on Texans? Two fights with teammates, assaults a cab driver, resists arrest, gets into argument with game official, pistol whips sister's boyfriend and then 4 game suspension for taking Adderol without a prescription and that is just as a pro. You question McNair on that type guy?
http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...I0M/story.html
He's a punk no doubt.

But he's still playing, sometimes to win you've got to make a deal with the devil. (Metaphor) Belichik is wiiling to make these deals. No I wouldn't want him on the Texans, but if it meant having a true SB contender every yr then the answer would be yes.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #56
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
He's a punk no doubt.

But he's still playing...
Actually, he's injured.
Old 01-20-2013   #57
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lame owner, lame coach, lame QB .... next year should be exciting!
LAME ASS PoST... If you really think the Owner is lame, than you are really, REALLY missing the point. You're being extrememly foolish if you believe that, and actually a borderline "dumbass"...
Old 01-20-2013   #58
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if mcnair is watching a well coached team and a mentally tough team give NE all it can handle. If Balt goes 2-0 vs NE then the win vs Balt means nothing
Old 01-20-2013   #59
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't want him running anything, just his desire to win.

As far as credibility I will let my rep speak for itself ...
Sometimes one's desire to win, is what blinds them to actually winning.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #60
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
LAME ASS PoST... If you really think the Owner is lame, than you are really, REALLY missing the point. You're being extrememly foolish if you believe that, and actually a borderline "dumbass"...
I dont see why its a lame post. He at least hit on two of three.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read