Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-20-2013   #121
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Won't Rule Out Drafting QB

If nobody in the Texans organization will even speak of an injury to a certain player, then that player probably needs brain surgery...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #122
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
...Schaub is the least mobile QB in the NFL. He can't get out of his own way. I am trying to remember when I saw a QB as immobile as Schaub...
I say Dante. Dan Pastorini talks about telling his O-line in the playoffs that it was up to them, because he would not be physically able to move out of the pocket.

Someone said you could smoke a cigarette between the time Schaub decides to run and the time his body actually starts moving.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #123
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you believe NFL organizations are completely forthcoming with injuries? Maybe you should be the one looking for myths and monsters?
During the season, yes to a degree. Depending on the coach some injury reports include quite a few players, but most of it is fluff & the players will play. Others try to downplay them & keep it a secret, but its REQUIRED by all to list injured players or the team could face penalties from the NFL.

Offseason, yes as well. Please tell me what a team has to gain by not informing anyone of a players injury that effected that players play who is taking tons of criticism for poor play? Answer...nothing to gain. No one is even hinting at an injury except those desperate to defend poor play from Schaub. I used to be one of the biggest defenders of Schaub, but I resorted to facts & stats as opposed to phantom injuries. If that's what makes some feel warm & fuzzy inside, then so be it but I will stick to the facts until something concrete from a worthy source is actually revealed. Until then, I wish you happy hunting in your search for that pot of gold.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #124
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I simply do not believe there is an injury to be found. The owner in his recent interview had a perfect opportunity to make an excuse for Schaub's poor play to diffuse the criticism & he did not. So add the owner to the list of teammates, coaches, & Schaub himself who not claiming he is suffering from any sort of injury. If you alone find an injury to schaub then you could possibly find a golden egg or the fountain of youth as well. The injury thoery is only spreading like wild fire amongst the fans because I gave yet to see mentioned by any media source. Most media sources & fans, from what I have encountered, seem to be chalking it up to 1 issue...bad QB play. Plain & simple. Let's just hope he gets it turned around next season is all I can really say.

its quite pathetic how some schaub apologists are relegated to finding phantom injuries in order to rationalize matt schaub's piss poor play.

there's always some excuse when schaub puts up another fail.

schaub fans hate accountability. always looking for somebody else to blame.
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #125
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
its quite pathetic how some schaub apologists are relegated to finding phantom injuries in order to rationalize matt schaub's piss poor play.

It's pathetic how some posters never made it past a 5th grade reading level.

The guy you quoted, the Schaub apologist, is saying there is no injury. The guys hating on Schaub are saying it is because of his injury that he'll never play at a high level again.

The Schaub apologist you quoted is also not making excuses for Schaub's play. He's saying Schaub sucked & has to play better. No exuses.
Old 01-20-2013   #126
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down Re: Texans Won't Rule Out Drafting QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It's pathetic how some posters never made it past a 5th grade reading level.

The guy you quoted, the Schaub apologist, is saying there is no injury. The guys hating on Schaub are saying it is because of his injury that he'll never play at a high level again.

The Schaub apologist you quoted is also not making excuses for Schaub's play. He's saying Schaub sucked & has to play better. No exuses.

I was agreeing with the poster i quoted. That's why i augmented his post with mine.

If you werent so quick to hate on a fellow poster you would have recognized it.

Its quite pathetic a 40 year old such as yourself didnt have the reading comprehension to figure it out.

Sorry you didnt make it past 4th grade.

Your mother must be so proud.
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #127
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...but its REQUIRED by all to list injured players or the team could face penalties from the NFL.
That is if the player misses or is limited in practice. A player can participate fully in practice, but still have physical issues that hinder his performance in a game. That is what we are discussing.

And let's cut out the personal insults. Nobody that's smarter than a 5th grader posts here.
Old 01-20-2013   #128
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If you werent so quick to hate on a fellow poster you would have recognized it.
The point is still the same, none of the Schaub supporters are pointing to his injury as an excuse. It is the haters pointing to his supposed injury as reason to get rid of him.

Which is what he was arguing. & if you are augmenting tru80's post, then you're saying you agree Schaub can & will play better in the future.
Old 01-20-2013   #129
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
That is if the player misses or is limited in practice. A player can participate fully in practice, but still have physical issues that hinder his performance in a game. That is what we are discussing.

Didn't the Jets get in trouble for not reporting Favre's injury, even though he participated in practice & played in all their games?

I believe it is also the reason Belichick fills out such a thorough injury report, since he got his hands slapped for the same thing.
Old 01-20-2013   #130
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And let's cut out the personal insults. Nobody that's smarter than a 5th grader posts here.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...MGDWlqjp24BoLA

Actually you are incorrect concerning whether or not a player practices dictates if they go on the injury report or not. It's any significant injury that could cause a game to be missed regardless of player practicing or not. The link is a story of how the Ravens got their hand slapped by the NFL for not reporting an Ed Reed injury despite him not missing any practices.

I don't recall mentioning anything about 5th grade....
Old 01-20-2013   #131
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I don't recall mentioning anything about 5th grade....
That was me. Got a little personal with Jules Winnfield.
Old 01-20-2013   #132
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I simply do not believe there is an injury to be found. The owner in his recent interview had a perfect opportunity to make an excuse for Schaub's poor play to diffuse the criticism & he did not. So add the owner to the list of teammates, coaches, & Schaub himself who not claiming he is suffering from any sort of injury. If you alone find an injury to schaub then you could possibly find a golden egg or the fountain of youth as well. The injury thoery is only spreading like wild fire amongst the fans because I gave yet to see mentioned by any media source. Most media sources & fans, from what I have encountered, seem to be chalking it up to 1 issue...bad QB play. Plain & simple. Let's just hope he gets it turned around next season is all I can really say.
Quote:
During the season, yes to a degree. Depending on the coach some injury reports include quite a few players, but most of it is fluff & the players will play. Others try to downplay them & keep it a secret, but its REQUIRED by all to list injured players or the team could face penalties from the NFL.

Offseason, yes as well. Please tell me what a team has to gain by not informing anyone of a players injury that effected that players play who is taking tons of criticism for poor play? Answer...nothing to gain. No one is even hinting at an injury except those desperate to defend poor play from Schaub. I used to be one of the biggest defenders of Schaub, but I resorted to facts & stats as opposed to phantom injuries. If that's what makes some feel warm & fuzzy inside, then so be it but I will stick to the facts until something concrete from a worthy source is actually revealed. Until then, I wish you happy hunting in your search for that pot of gold.
Quote:

Evidently, we have two MB members that are as naive about NFL injuries and NFL Injury Reports as they are new to TexansTalk. The NFL is the only game that requires such a report weekly........not for any benefit of the teams or their opponents but for the benefit of the boys in Vegas. The biggest running joke about the injury report isn't its accuracy but its reason for being in the first place. No other professional sport requires an injury report like the NFL and the assumption has always been that it exists solely to aid the business of gambling on NFL games, a huge (and underrated) driver of the NFL's popularity. Injury reports make it easier to feel safer about placing a bet. Those bets drive interest, and subsequently profit. The NFL puts so much importance on the Injury Report, that they fine teams a whole whopping $20,000 for not reporting injuries (that'll really break an NFL team's piggy bank) .......and the 19 times that has happened in the last 15 years were all because the players went stupidly public with significant injuries that their teams were hiding. Coaches have ALWAYS screwed around with their Injury Reports. [ Here's a pertinent 2007 USA TODAY article to that effect: Analysis: Injury report is game within the game ]

[And for a recent article that also tells it like it is: John Harbaugh sees 'no value' in NFL injury reports]

I have taken care of my share of Oilers and Texans players and their families over the years.........I could tell you stories of injuries that were kept hidden that would have your hair standing on end. When presenting my observations and opinions on Schaub and his foot, whether one may agree or disagree with them, those opinions are the furthest thing from a apologist standpoint.

Finally, you cannot see any reason that the team from the top down at this point in time would have to not admit to a post Lisfranc repaired foot specifically negatively affecting Schaub's performance? I would suggest that you give it one more good ole try for the Gipper.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #133
tru80texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That was me. Got a little personal with Jules Winnfield.
I hear ya. At least they give warnings over here. The HT MB mods are letting the power go to their heads & hand out punishments w/out warnings. Then they don't want to explain anything & treat people like children. It's pure silliness over there.
Old 01-20-2013   #134
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Evidently, we have two MB members that are as naive about NFL injuries and NFL Injury Reports as they are new to TexansTalk. The NFL is the only game that requires such a report weekly........not for any benefit of the teams or their opponents but for the benefit of the boys in Vegas. The biggest running joke about the injury report isn't its accuracy but its reason for being in the first place. No other professional sport requires an injury report like the NFL and the assumption has always been that it exists solely to aid the business of gambling on NFL games, a huge (and underrated) driver of the NFL's popularity. Injury reports make it easier to feel safer about placing a bet. Those bets drive interest, and subsequently profit. The NFL puts so much importance on the Injury Report, that they fine teams a whole whopping $20,000 for not reporting injuries (that'll really break an NFL team's piggy bank) .......and the 19 times that has happened in the last 15 years were all because the players went stupidly public with significant injuries that their teams were hiding. Coaches have ALWAYS screwed around with their Injury Reports. [ Here's a pertinent 2007 USA TODAY article to that effect: Analysis: Injury report is game within the game ]

[And for a recent article that also tells it like it is: John Harbaugh sees 'no value' in NFL injury reports]

I have taken care of my share of Oilers and Texans players and their families over the years.........I could tell you stories of injuries that were kept hidden that would have your hair standing on end. When presenting my observations and opinions on Schaub and his foot, whether one may agree or disagree with them, those opinions are the furthest thing from a apologist standpoint.

Finally, you cannot see any reason that the team from the top down at this point in time would have to not admit to a post Lisfranc repaired foot specifically negatively affecting Schaub's performance? I would suggest that you give it one more good ole try for the Gipper.
$$$$, 29 milion garunteed reasons.

The Texans will never admit that Schaub is hurt because the will look like fools for extending Schaub and giving a QB who is barely functional in the Texans offense that much garunteed $$$$.

That takes egg on face to a whole new level, people inside the Texans org should be looking themselves in the mirror and asking the tough questions after a mistake like this is made. Be it, the medical staff, GM, coaches etc....
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #135
tru80texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

I'm well aware of why the injury report exists in the NFL. Its intent was to keep the gamblers away from the players after an incident that happened in the 40's if I recall correctly. So please dont judge my knowledge about the NFL, the Players, or the Texans based on my post count. I'm not saying I know it all, but I do my best to stay informed despite my post count not reflecting that to you.

As far as Schaub, I think I was clear that I don't believe an injury exists because Schaub hasn't displayed anything noticeable in his delivery, when he plants to throw, or when he scrambles. Not to say it isn't there, but at some point during the season it would've or should've been reported. Plain & simple. The Texans have not been known to risk players health, so trotting Schaub out to practice everyday & hiding his injury does not seem to be how they handle their business. Since then multiple members of the Texans, owner on down, have been questioned about Schaubs play & not once has injury even been alluded to. I'm not going to claim an injury exists w/ 0 evidence just because a player played poorly. Give me a little more from a worthy source & I will gladly entertain is what I'm saying.
Old 01-20-2013   #136
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm well aware of why the injury report exists in the NFL. Its intent was to keep the gamblers away from the players after an incident that happened in the 40's if I recall correctly. So please dont judge my knowledge about the NFL, the Players, or the Texans based on my post count. I'm not saying I know it all, but I do my best to stay informed despite my post count not reflecting that to you.

As far as Schaub, I think I was clear that I don't believe an injury exists because Schaub hasn't displayed anything noticeable in his delivery, when he plants to throw, or when he scrambles. Not to say it isn't there, but at some point during the season it would've or should've been reported. Plain & simple. The Texans have not been known to risk players health, so trotting Schaub out to practice everyday & hiding his injury does not seem to be how they handle their business. Since then multiple members of the Texans, owner on down, have been questioned about Schaubs play & not once has injury even been alluded to. I'm not going to claim an injury exists w/ 0 evidence just because a player played poorly. Give me a little more from a worthy source & I will gladly entertain is what I'm saying.
I dont need a source, my eyes tell me his footwork is terrible, Pastorini said as much. His footwork was much better before the injury. Coincedence, I think not. If you cant see this then there's no need to continue this discussion.

This is the way the Texans have always done business from their inception. Remember Boselli, he was supposed to not play in the preseason and be ready for the regular season. He never played a down for the Texans. DDW, he was never on the injury report and then 2 wks later he developed a bone on bone injury. (Yea right) AJ's 1st hyperextended knee/hurt hamstring/ankle injury that needed surgery, Now Schaub's foot. all of these injuries have been un/under reported. Are you starting to see a pattern here?
Old 01-20-2013   #137
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 56179 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Im all for replacing Schaub, but really there is no good prospect worth a damn this year, unless we mortgage the future for Geno and even he is shady IMO. I think this year you let it ride, improve the roster and decide if Schaub or Yates is the guy if not draft one next season. We still need a better number 2 wr, ilb and nt, not to mention depth at RT, de, olb and s.
Old 01-20-2013   #138
tru80texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I dont need a source, my eyes tell me his footwork is terrible, Pastorini said as much. His footwork was much better before the injury. Coincedence, I think not. If you cant see this then there's no need to continue this discussion.

This is the way the Texans have always done business from their inception. Remember Boselli, he was supposed to not play in the preseason and be ready for the regular season. He never played a down for the Texans. DDW, he was never on the injury report and then 2 wks later he developed a bone on bone injury. (Yea right) AJ's 1st hyperextended knee/hurt hamstring/ankle injury that needed surgery, Now Schaub's foot. all of these injuries have been un/under reported. Are you starting to see a pattern here?
I think the conspiracy theory is a bit much to be honest. EVERYONE knew Boselli probably wouldn't ever see the field despite what was being reported, but it was reported none the less. Not hidden. Domanick Davis was every bit reported, but considering he was placed on the IR BEFORE the season then there was never an opportunity to put him on injury report. Here's a story on Davis to refresh our memories on how it transpired.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...41248874,d.b2U

AJ's injuries may have been underreported, but once again it all goes back to the fact that it was reported.

All of your examples are hardly similar to what you are claiming that the Texans knowingly hid an injury & put Schaubs health in jeopardy in the process. Considering your claims did not prove that that is how they handle their business please forgive me for having my doubts that this conspiracy took place to justify Schaubs poor play only in a handful games late in the season. Bad footwork could've been an indication of injury, but that could easily be attributed to happy feet or a breakdown in his mechanics & fundamentals simply because he no longer trusts his o-line like in years past. Maybe you all are correct & it will come out in due time, but I think I will wait for before jumping on that bandwagon & claiming injury just to mask poor play.
Old 01-20-2013   #139
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

I'm not claiming Injury is sole responsible for his poor play. But due to the injury I'm saying this is as good as it's going to get.

As far as the injury report goes, Yea Gary has always been a model of honesty/integity when it comes to the injury report. Just like all of the other HC's in the NFL. LOL

Garys mentor, Shaany let his QB play on a bum leg in the playoffs, but Garys different etc...

Lets just agree to disagree and move on. Nothing short of Gary coming over to your house and personally telling you is going to change your mind. I mean a respected surgeon is telling you the medical dynamics and you still will have none of this facts thingy. I should've known that your mind wouldn't change and I should've laughed and moved on.
Old 01-20-2013   #140
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Im all for replacing Schaub, but really there is no good prospect worth a damn this year, unless we mortgage the future for Geno and even he is shady IMO. I think this year you let it ride, improve the roster and decide if Schaub or Yates is the guy if not draft one next season. We still need a better number 2 wr, ilb and nt, not to mention depth at RT, de, olb and s.
Other than Bridgewater next yrs class doesn't look too good either. I really like Bray and Dysert in the 2nd rd. Both have strong arms and are mobile enough.

What do you think about Bray/Dysert, or any other QB that you think might be a good fit?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read