Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-20-2013   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Who will be the WTF pick this year?

Every other year it seems the Texans spend one of their first three picks on a guy that makes everyone collectively yell "WTF?!?!" at their TV. This is an odd year, so we probably won't have to see that, but just in case, who do you think that's going to be?
Old 01-20-2013   #2
AJ-80
Veteran

Rep Power: 547 AJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who will be the WTF pick this year?

I don't really know what that WTF pick would be since we could use depth at every position...I could see us reaching for Montee Ball or another 2nd round back and saying we need depth behind Foster which I don't think would be a good idea at all...
AJ-80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-80 View Post
I don't really know what that WTF pick would be since we could use depth at every position...
It's not position based, but rather who they draft. The draftniks will all put out their top 5 and top 10 lists, and while they'll vary from one to another, there will emerge a general consensus on the top few guys at that position. Then the Texans will take a guy that no one ranked that highly. Both Kareem Jackson and Devier Posey were both taken in years that the team needed that position, but they passed over some much higher rated players to take them. And right or wrong, everyone questioned the move. I'm just wondering who that's going to be this year.
Old 01-20-2013   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
It's not position based, but rather who they draft. The draftniks will all put out their top 5 and top 10 lists, and while they'll vary from one to another, there will emerge a general consensus on the top few guys at that position. Then the Texans will take a guy that no one ranked that highly. Both Kareem Jackson and Devier Posey were both taken in years that the team needed that position, but they passed over some much higher rated players to take them. And right or wrong, everyone questioned the move. I'm just wondering who that's going to be this year.
Eh , I mocked Posey to the Texans .... right where they picked him.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully you here the name Cooper Taylor in the 3-4th rd.

6'4 230 Lbs 4.5/4.6 40 Saftey Richmond, Cooper was 2nd team all ACC at GaTech before transfering to Richmond. He would be a perfect nickle S in the Texans defense. The Texans are in the nickle defense about 60% of the time.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #6
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

The texans will select a tightend with their first 3 picks. With their 4th pick -the a compensatory selection for mario -they will draft a deep snapper.
Old 01-20-2013   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes you did,

Give us insight on a couple of guys you think the Texans may pick after the combine this yr.
Sponsored links
Old 01-20-2013   #8
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
With their 4th pick -the a compensatory selection for mario -they will draft a deep snapper.
The deep snapper will be a former tightend.
Old 01-20-2013   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Ohio State RT (and ex-TE) Reid Fragel. Actually, that's not WTF. It's pretty much a lock.
Old 01-20-2013   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

QB position has been, maybe always will be their Achilles heel. So logic suggests a continuation with next successor.

Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #11
AJ-80
Veteran

Rep Power: 547 AJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respectedAJ-80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
AJ-80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Ohio State RT (and ex-TE) Reid Fragel. Actually, that's not WTF. It's pretty much a lock.
I would love to see Fragel be the Texans pick in the 4th rd.

That guy could be really good in a couple of yrs. Tough/Strong/Great feet. Just needs some experience.
Old 01-20-2013   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
QB position has been, maybe always will be their Achilles heel. So logic suggests a continuation with next successor.

We can only hope,

Mocks I've seen say he will be there in the 2nd rd when the Texans are picking. However I believe this will change after the Combine.
Old 01-20-2013   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yes you did,

Give us insight on a couple of guys you think the Texans may pick after the combine this yr.
Right now .... I have no idea. After they bring in guy's for workouts .... we can throw sh!t at the wall and see if it sticks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post

That would require an early pick , likely a first rounder ?..... I dont think they'd spend a pick on a QB before the 3rd.

I have a feeling they take a WR and an RT with their first two picks.

Im gonna stick with Da'Rick Rogers, WR - Tennessee Tech as their #1 pick. (Yes , thats a big jump up from where I had him mocked in the late 3rd).

I dont really believe they QB spot has been their achilles heel either .... Gary got a lot out of Schaub prior to the lisfranc and the defense let them down more often than not during those seasons.
You take away the starting QB from damn near any NFL team and they fall off significantly. Yes teams catch lightning in a bottle (Kaepernick or Tom Brady) but the examples of that are the exception not the rule.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably not the guy I want in the first round, dion Jordan.

For two years I've wanted that Olb Von miller, Bruce Irvin...but I'm happy we took watt...

They go into the combine/proday and price themselves out of our range...

I think jordan is going to kill in the explosiveness drills at the combine. But if I'm the texans I'd trade up to get him.

He'd improve this defense I'm every phase. Pass rush, run defense and coverage.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Probably not the guy I want in the first round, dion Jordan.

For two years I've wanted that Olb Von miller, Bruce Irvin...but I'm happy we took watt...

They go into the combine/proday and price themselves out of our range...

I think jordan is going to kill in the explosiveness drills at the combine. But if I'm the texans I'd trade up to get him.

He'd improve this defense I'm every phase. Pass rush, run defense and coverage.
He's an athletic freak, but I read Jordan weighed only 225 LBS at the nd of the yr. This worries me, because the last thing the Texans need is an Aaron Maybin.
Old 01-21-2013   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I dont really believe they QB spot has been their achilles heel either .... Gary got a lot out of Schaub prior to the lisfranc and the defense let them down more often than not during those seasons.
You take away the starting QB from damn near any NFL team and they fall off significantly. Yes teams catch lightning in a bottle (Kaepernick or Tom Brady) but the examples of that are the exception not the rule.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2807456

& so ****ing what if Schaub is an improvement? Did the Texans still invest wisely, did they receive impact player in return for dollars invested, did he take them to the Super Bowl or Conference Championship game?

sounds like, looks like & feels like achillies took another one

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

A guy I really like ON THE FIELD Da'Rick Rogers. I would be stunned but okay.
Old 01-21-2013   #19
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

My WTF pick would be Tyrann Mathieu in any round. He's just not the kind of guy McNair would want on his team.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
A guy I really like ON THE FIELD Da'Rick Rogers. I would be stunned but okay.
Me too and you could probably get him in the 2nd rd.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read