Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-19-2013   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2013 NFL Franchise Tag Numbers

http://www.spotrac.com/blog/2013-nfl...e-tag-numbers/

The NFLPA recently released the projected franchise tag values for the 2013 season, barring any increase in the overall salary cap.
Quarterback $14.6 million
Running Back $8.07 million
Wide Receiver $10.35 million
Tight End $5.96 million
Offensive Lineman $9.66 million
Defensive Tackle $8.30 million
Defensive End $10.98 million
Linebacker $9.45 million
Cornerback $10.66 million
Safety $6.79 million
Kicker/Punter $2.92 million

Looking at Houston's Free Agents I am thinking the only FA that may get the Tag this year would be S Glover Quin, but I doubt it I am thinking the Texans do not use the Franchise Tag this year.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 145631 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 NFL Franchise Tag Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Safety $6.79 million

Looking at Houston's Free Agents I am thinking the only FA that may get the Tag this year would be S Glover Quin, but I doubt it I am thinking the Texans do not use the Franchise Tag this year.
No way Quin gets the franchise tag. Not close to being a top 10, much less a top 5, safety.

Did you see the QB franchise tag number ($14.6 million)? That's only slightly higher than Matt Schaub's 2013 cap hit ($14.5 million). So the Texans are paying for a franchise type QB. Unreal.
Old 01-19-2013   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Safety $6.79 million

I doubt Glover is looking for $7M/yr..... I doubt (& I could be wrong) that there's a team out there dying to give Glover $7M/yr. He's probably looking for Danieal Manning money, $5M/yr I'd think the Texans would be willing to pay him as much....... Olsen just needs to make it make sense to both sides.
Old 01-19-2013   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tight End $5.96 million
Linebacker $9.45 million
Safety $6.79 million
$99.74 million for 10 starters, so we have ~$23.26 million to spread around our other 14 starters ($1.66 million per) to field a team.....with no scrubs.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
$99.74 million for 10 starters, so we have ~$23.26 million to spread around our other 14 starters ($1.66 million per) to field a team.....with no scrubs.
Theoretically, each team only gets one franchise player.
Old 01-19-2013   #6
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://www.spotrac.com/blog/2013-nfl...e-tag-numbers/

The NFLPA recently released the projected franchise tag values for the 2013 season, barring any increase in the overall salary cap.
Tight End $5.96 million
Linebacker $9.45 million
Safety $6.79 million

Next time somebody trys to tell you how important and valuable safetys are in terms of defensive backs or why they should be drafted higher than they usually are, just show them this info.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Next time somebody trys to tell you how important and valuable safetys are in terms of defensive backs or why they should be drafted higher than they usually are, just show them this info.
Show that number to Ed Reed & be prepared to get bakslapped.
Old 01-19-2013   #8
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
No way Quin gets the franchise tag. Not close to being a top 10, much less a top 5, safety.

Did you see the QB franchise tag number ($14.6 million)? That's only slightly higher than Matt Schaub's 2013 cap hit ($14.5 million). So the Texans are paying for a franchise type QB. Unreal.
Unbelievable. And disappointing.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #9
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Unbelievable. And disappointing.
We can win a SB with Schaubby. Believe it !
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read