Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-18-2013   #21
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Just heard on the radio that espn assigned reporters to all teams last weekend except the texans.

Also, Gatorade was doing a photo shoot for a superbowl ad at the stadiums and the texans didn't participate because of some $80 fee that Gatorade didn't want to pay in order to get the texans photographer to the stadium.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013   #22
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: NE just a bad matchup?

Thanks for the good words, Pats fan. A lot of the doom n gloom is part and parcel of the late season meltdown. This city has had a lot of sports heartbreak and to miss out (choke) on home field advantage has only reopened old wounds.

At the end of the day it was Brady v Schaub. It is what it is.

Good luck versus the Ravens.
Old 01-18-2013   #23
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Elite NFL teams can overcome bad matchups through exceptional coaching/preparation and top notch execution.

Does anyone believe that the Ravens really are better than the Broncos due to a fluke 70 yd pass where a safety makes a bad read and takes a terrible angle to get to Jacoby freakin' Jones???
I do.

The Broncos are not much better than the Texans if at all. They had a pretty easy schedule, at the start of the year they stumbled some mostly because of the schedule.

They also play in the weakest division of the conference. They are a good team but I always felt they weren't going very far. I always said that I'd rather play the Broncos even last week during the Ravens game I said I'd rather play the Broncos.
Old 01-18-2013   #24
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

A team with Brady and Belichik is a bad match up for basically anyone. And sure, we don`t like teams that primar playmakers catch balls on the inside - and we don`t like teams that stop our running game.

But really, what it came down to: we make too many mistakes and lack a little intensity on defense. The latter part is due to Cushing missing - the first part? I don`t know - inexpierence, bad coaching - something like that. We had enough firepower to beat NE - but we didn`t execute. NE always executes when it counts. I hope that loss as a learning experience and the team comes back hungrier and more prepared than ever next season.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #25
boom boom
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 boom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
A team with Brady and Belichik is a bad match up for basically anyone. And sure, we don`t like teams that primar playmakers catch balls on the inside - and we don`t like teams that stop our running game.

But really, what it came down to: we make too many mistakes and lack a little intensity on defense. The latter part is due to Cushing missing - the first part? I don`t know - inexpierence, bad coaching - something like that. We had enough firepower to beat NE - but we didn`t execute. NE always executes when it counts. I hope that loss as a learning experience and the team comes back hungrier and more prepared than ever next season.
you guys know im a huge pats fan from new england but i joined this forum because i like and appreciate texans football. congrats on a great year. the texans will be dominating the afc south and between foster, watt and johnson, you guys are beasts. with a couple key additions in the draft or free agency i firmly believe you guys are going to a super bowl very soon. my brady belichek era will end in a few years and i will always root for them, but i still root for the texans. i like your franchise and again congrats on a great year. you guys have nothing to be ashamed of. any pats fan that comes to this forum and talks smack is classless. i respect you guys and think you are a damn good football team. good luck guys and enjoy your afc south tilte, one of many to come. god bless, BOOM BOOM
boom boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #26
boom boom
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 boom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
i do.

The broncos are not much better than the texans if at all. They had a pretty easy schedule, at the start of the year they stumbled some mostly because of the schedule.

They also play in the weakest division of the conference. They are a good team but i always felt they weren't going very far. I always said that i'd rather play the broncos even last week during the ravens game i said i'd rather play the broncos.
i totally agree. Broncos are overrated. We destroyed them and so did you guys, and you did it in denver. There schedule was easy and the afc west was a joke. Besides the pats, the texans are the only other afc team that can beat top nfc competition. Congrats on a great year and i still cant beleive peyton mannings postseason record. Id rather play the broncos in denver before i play the texans in reliant stadium, trust me.
Old 01-19-2013   #27
boom boom
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gronked View Post
great game guys.

Easy on the doom n gloom..you have a great team that has been making huge strides...i expect you in the afc elite for years to come as long as andrew luck doesn't start owning the division.

Question..do you think the pats could just be an awful matchup?

Ie, the ravens could never do anything about peytons colts. Even when they were similar quality and similar record teams..peyton blew them out and made them look bad, consistently.

Likewise..those colts regularly choked vs chargers.

Just looking at some of the matchups..you love to run the ball up the middle and really establish your offense around foster. Well foster, meet wilfork.

On d...jj watt is phenomenal, one of a kind. But brady was gettin it out ridiculously fast most of the time.

Jjo, an exceptional talent. .is on the outside covering. ...lloyd?

Your injured lb core is bradys favorite to pick on (wes, hernandez and rb mismatch).
You guys blew out the ravens. ..and, ray lewis or not, imo you woulda beat them again if you had advanced.

Fyi, not suggesting that texans aren't flawed or that there isn't opportunity to improve. Just that youre a lot better than you look in foxboro.

Thoughts?
gronked im a huge pats fan as well and i told these texans fans the exact same thing. They are a damn good football team, and u know as a pats fan jj watt, foster and johnson scare the hell out of us. In my opinion the texans are the only other real afc team we must deal with. Houston is a team to be reckoned with for years to come and lets pray we can dominate the ravens tomorrow the same way the texans did to them this year. I just wish we had jj watt, what a beast.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read