Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-15-2013   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Colin Kaepernick Show

Quote:
The Colin Kaepernick Show, episode eight.

Keep these things in mind after Kaepernick's eighth NFL start, the 14-point rout of the Packers, in which he set the NFL record for rushing yards by a quarterback (181) in a game:

• Blaine Gabbert was chosen 26 picks ahead of Kaerpernick.

• The following players were chosen ahead of Kaepernick: Jake Locker, Adrian Clayborn, Anthony Castonzo, Danny Watkins, James Carpenter, Jonathan Baldwin, Jimmy Smith, Gabe Carimi, Cameron Jordan, Cameron Hayward, Derek Sherrod, Ras-I Dowling and Aaron Williams.

• Buffalo passed on him twice, and Arizona, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Minnesota, Miami, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Kansas City and the Jets once apiece. Buddy Nix, Rod Graves, Mike Reinfeldt, Gene Smith, Rick Spielman, Jeff Ireland, Tom Heckert, Howie Roseman, Scott Pioli and Mike Tannenbaum -- the GMs who passed on Kaepernick in the 2010 draft -- must be asking themselves, "Maybe we should have seen this trend coming."

Notice one thing about those 10 draft-day deciders: Six have been fired since the day Kaepernick was chosen 36th overall by the Niners in April 2011.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2I4Bk7wDS

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Colin Kaepernick Show

The ink scared all the old school scouts off:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/slideshow...#photo-3486564
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

To add to Jacksonville's woes regarding QBs...they took a punter 5 spots ahead of Russell Wilson. So they are double done.
Old 01-15-2013   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just hope he hangs on for two more games before someone takes his knee out!!

Right now!! I'm LOVIN me some NINERS!!! Sixth SB comin up on Feb 3rd!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Kaepernick is the real deal. I look forward to watching this kid's career. We are seeing intangibles in the guy that cannot be taught. Mix that with his QB skills and athletic abilities, and I would not be shocked at all of this dude is considered one of the best in the next couple of years.
Old 01-17-2013   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Kaepernick is the real deal. I look forward to watching this kid's career. We are seeing intangibles in the guy that cannot be taught. Mix that with his QB skills and athletic abilities, and I would not be shocked at all of this dude is considered one of the best in the next couple of years.
I sure didnt expect him to play at such a high level this early. Hell , I thought it was a mistake to bench Smith , mostly because of the mistakes I expected from Kaepernick. He's made a few but made up for them.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013   #7
RonnieLott42
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 RonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respectedRonnieLott42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Finally an offense to match the defense. I respect what Alex did but always wondered what this team would look like with a dynamic player at QB.
RonnieLott42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-20-2013   #8
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

San Fran better get it together or the kaepernick show won't be airing much longer. This team looks like its built for years and years of success.
Old 01-20-2013   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I fall back on what Mike said, "Everybody's got a plan, 'till they get punched in the mouth."

I remember when Shaun King was going to take the Buccaneers back to the Super Bowl. I don't remember if they made the play offs again.

I like watching Kaepernick. I don't like watching that pistol formation & the zone read. Next season will tell us if he's an also ran or the real deal.

I don't have a dog in the race either way, I'm going to enjoy watching either way.

Now Julio Jones..... that cat's the real deal.
Old 01-20-2013   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Kaepernick being the real deal is not relevant if they get to or win the superbowl this year.

Worry about the league catching up to you when that happens.

This is the first time I've really watched him play and he looks good. He has a really good arm.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #11
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Kaepernick being the real deal is not relevant if they get to or win the superbowl this year.

Worry about the league catching up to you when that happens.

This is the first time I've really watched him play and he looks good. He has a really good arm.
He also doesn't seem to wilt when neck deep in a hole, unlike some QBs.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Agreed. He had a hell of a game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read