Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-17-2013   #1
greekdbag
Veteran

Rep Power: 1796 greekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mock of a Dbag

1: OL Barrett Jones, Alabama
A guy you can plug in at multiple spots on the offensive line and who can contribute right away. Just a very solid blocker who has been through many battles in the SEC against top talent.

2: WR Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech
Big, quick, experienced receiver who could end up being a very good number two.

3a: ILB Jon Bostic, Florida
Another SEC guy who could come in and play next to Cushing.

3b: S Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma
He could step in right away and see the field a good amount as the 3rd safety (I'm assuming Quin is re-signed).

4: OLB Travis Long, Washington State
He'd be good OLB depth and a good special teamer.

5a: RB Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
A guy who could be your next franchise back and would only be available here due to his injury history. Definitely worth a gamble in my opinion.

5b: ILB Michael Mauti, Penn State
He would be good ILB depth and could contribute on special teams.

6: FB Lonnie Pryor, Florida State
A legit starting fullback who can catch the ball well and could contribute on special teams.

7: OT Tanner Hawkinson, Kansas
He's a developmental OT prospect who gives depth at the position.
greekdbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #2
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock of a Dbag

JMO:

1. Jones, excellent player and pick.
2. Patton, love this guy, I've had him in several of my mocks as well.
3. Bostic, another good pick.
3b. Jefferson, another good pick.
4. Long, I don't know anything about him.
5. Lattimore, your first pick I don't like, to early and I just get the feeling he doesn't have much of an NFL career. This isn't his first knee injury.
5b. Mauti, another good pick and the Texans often double up on positions of need in the draft.
6. Pryor, not familiar with the player but I like the position.
7. Hawkinson, good developmental pick.

Good mock, only thing missing is a NT, maybe at 5 instead of Lattimore.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it but would like to see a DL somewhere .
Old 01-17-2013   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Mauti more than I like Bostic.

Not a thrilling MLB class IMO.

I wouldn't touch Bostic that early.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #5
greekdbag
Veteran

Rep Power: 1796 greekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I like Mauti more than I like Bostic.

Not a thrilling MLB class IMO.

I wouldn't touch Bostic that early.
I agree that it's not the greatest MLB class. I really like Minter but he'll probably go in the first or early second and I wouldn't want to take an ILB that high.
Old 01-17-2013   #6
greekdbag
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
JMO:

1. Jones, excellent player and pick.
2. Patton, love this guy, I've had him in several of my mocks as well.
3. Bostic, another good pick.
3b. Jefferson, another good pick.
4. Long, I don't know anything about him.
5. Lattimore, your first pick I don't like, to early and I just get the feeling he doesn't have much of an NFL career. This isn't his first knee injury.
5b. Mauti, another good pick and the Texans often double up on positions of need in the draft.
6. Pryor, not familiar with the player but I like the position.
7. Hawkinson, good developmental pick.

Good mock, only thing missing is a NT, maybe at 5 instead of Lattimore.
What Nose tackles do you think they'd target with one of the first four picks? I like Jenkins, but he's a first day pick most likely and probably goes before 27.
Old 01-17-2013   #7
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

going to put it out there and i might get my head bitten off,

but i think the 'Bama o-line prospects are overrated. the scheme is what makes them really good but as individual talents they are not as good as what people say they are.

like HE34 said, i would like to see some D-line in the mock
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read